Desolation

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: RaknarMiddaySlim SidewaysRight. "Kin". Raknar didn't scoff, but it was a near miss.You're not my brother, he thought, looking straight into the other's eyes. You're not my friend. No blood binds us.His words were more careful. "Raknar. And I don't know you." He said it with a straight face because it was true: He had no relations to any Iron Tribe survivors, for he had reconstructed his life on his own, and a fat lot of good that had done him.

IC: "Lot o' that goin' around," Buck agreed, before suddenly tensing up, "Hold up. We ain't alone here."

He spun, throwing his razor shield seemingly in a random direction. It ricocheted off one of the corner's of the Church's roof, bounced downwards and struck Kae, knocking her into sight of the two without doing too much injury. Slight scratch on the shoulder maybe, but a Skrall like Buck didn't consider that too inconvenient

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Kae, Church of the Beast):

No sooner had Kae ducked over the threshold of the church than she was struck by some large chunk of metal she didn't have time to identify. She fell to the ground, winded. It was at times like these that her lack of armour really worked against her.

Taking a deep breath, she looked up to identify where the shield (she now saw) had come from. She found herself looking right into the eyes of another Skrall. A male Skrall. There was another being beside him, but she hardly even thought of him. Her mind was clouded by the animosity between the Skrall genders. Hating the males was more natural to her then breathing. She rose to her feet, though she didn't approach him.

"That was uncalled for" She said coldly, trying to project as much dignity and scorn as possible, "or has your kind descended even further into mindless violence since you abandoned us in the north?"

ppg2.png

IC: Madam Imadam's

Pouring money into a dead town. How heroic that must sound; how selfless, neighbourly, pure that would seem. But one downwards glance at my coat, with its stained surface, fraying seams and cracked buttons, was enough to bring me back to reality, to a place where the kind of folks who are like that either don't exist, or are stamped out. I, personally, was never one of those people, but I've seen the likes of them enough to know our sealed their fates are, as soon as they pledge themselves to a noble cause.

And I don't need, nor exactly want that sort of future.

But I put a wry smile on my face anyway, taking a slightly larger sip of ale to appease my parched tongue, and reply, "That's the gen'ral idea, though I'm not sure how much money I can pour into this place. Y'know, 'the winds of business change' and all that jazz. The end of War left me pretty much bankrupt."

As ordered, another drink (the same as was always called for) was slid underneath Jeyn's nose, held by the smiling, blood-splattered frame of Iana. Water in large enough quantities to bathe in was rare around these parts, so the Agori couldn't have been bothered to wash up after her execution of those three Zesk, a fact which was rather off-putting to some of the clientele.

That, combined with her abandonment of the inn for an admittedly frivolous reason, was something that would definitely come up when payday came around.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Thanks."

The hired gun replied, slightly quieter than usual, draining half his drink in a single gulp. He could hear other patrons talking about the war, and his normally cheerful grin was subdued. That, and the fact that he had actually thanked someone was out of the ordinary.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"I don't see it happenin' in our lifetimes," I say, "Everyone 'round here's too busy flat-out survivin' to try and wage war on anyone else."

Another sip of my drink and I add, "That's how I see it, anyway."

"Yer quite welcome, Jeyn," the bartender said brightly, sincerely excited to thanked for her work, and by Jeyn of all people, "Just fer that, your next drink'll be in a cup that's definitely clean!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I chuckle at what I hear of Hejat's words, "I'm right? Well, that'll be a first..."

With a swift and calculated motion, I check the burnished bronze pocket-watch chained to the remains of my waistcoat, wincing at the unyielding progression of the big hand across the clock face.

In other words, I'm late.

"Well, it's been wonderful meeting you, Hejat," I exclaim, holding my hand out again for him to shake, "But I'm afraid that I must be off. Wares to sell, and all that jazz."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Jeyn chuckled quietly, staring at his drink.

Insignificant little ridge.

That's the first thing Jeyn thought of when he and his team made it to the designated area. The Core War, though it had not been called such back then, had been in full swing for a matter of months. Jeyn was working for the Fire Tribe, to protect their holdings in the area. His team had been sent to this spot to keep the Ice Tribe from advancing.

How'd it gone so wrong?

"There anything stronger over there?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Swane

The lid hit one of the Skrall in the head, prompting the other two to raise their swords. Attached to each was a Thornak Laucher, equipped with a fully ripened, explosive Thornak. The Skrall aimed at the ground around Old Tapper's feet, and fired.

IC: Karis

Karis shrugged, and left the bar, heading down to the street. He ran the name over in his head, trying to remember any Raknars.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Old Tapper / Ghost Street

There was one problem with that - the Skrall never saw anyone. Their mad shots were simply wasted Thornax, leaving an empty alleyway for them to enter into, now covered in the pieces of old fruit. Whoever had thrown the trash can lid had take to hiding. As the sun had started to set slightly, half of the alley was cloaked in darkness; the other in light.

OOC: @ Norik; Err.. I may have phrased that wrong. I meant to say that there was nothing left to be stolen from him... but I'll roll with this. :P

IC: Kantebe / Madam Imadam's

"I ain't trying to play anything. I'm succeeding. Also, you're a flute." he replied. "But good enough conversation so your valuables are still there. If you have any."

His accent seemed to be slipping back to a normal Fire Tribe one.

IC: Gaverin / Church of the Beast

"The lass has a point. Throwing a shield means having to say you're sorry. Throwing a thornax, on the other hand..."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Swane

The raiding party was scared. One moved into the buildings and grabbed as many metals and the like as their arms could carry, as well as anything else that seemed valuable, and the others gaurded. After raiding a three of the buildings, they ran out of town.

Swane stood up when he saw the incoming Skrall. They dropped their loads, and he looked at the trinkets, sorting them. The Elite Skrall looked up and said, "This all?" The Skrall nodded their heads slowl. Swane stood up, and wrenched a sword out of one of their hands.

One of the Skrall raiders found himself with a blade sticking through his chest. Swane pulled it out and then on of the others said, "We saw something, master. The lid of a trash can flew out of the shadows and hit us, all while there was a tapping sound."

Swane nodded and sighed, "I will let you live. But don't ever do something like this again. I don't fully believe your story."

OOC:

Two lived, but they are Skrall, and don't know anything about Old Tapper.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Kae, Church of the Beast):

That didn't help Kae's indignation. Since when did she look anything like one of those desert beasts? Those males were just like she remembered - much more concerned with throwing weapons around than with checking who their target was forst, or any kind of thinking at all. She kept all that under her hood however - it wasn't going to be helpful in the current situation.

"I assure you, I am not a Vorox" she said, trying not to let her thoughts colour her voice. "I am here only to seek knowledge, since I hear this place holds secrets."

She lifted the Skrall's heavy shield and rolled it back to him across the floor. "Will that be all?"

ppg2.png

IC: Kantebe / Madam Imadan's

"Big talk coming from a... bigger-than-me-but-not-that-big man." he replied.

IC: Gaverin / Church of the Beast

The old Glatorian simply shook his head, muttering something.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Tagar

The altered Glatorian walked down Church Street, arriving at the Church of the Beast. Around the Church were Black Buck, a Glatorian, and a female Skrall. He looked at her, knowing she was one of the only beings in the town who were as powerful as him. She was stronger, more likely. Psychic powers trumped vacuum, after all.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"Yehhh...kinda sorta?"

Anyanka shrugged to herself casually, as though that were all the one and only correct answer; the way she'd said the words seemed to contrast with her confidence in them, but she seemed to pay no real mind to it. Honestly, it didn't look like she was paying mind to a whole lot. She seemed unfocused in general, gazing deep into Kali at times and then just totally drifting off so she could dance her way through Desolation at others.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Yeah, sure! Great idea! Alright, alright, I'll go first. I, uh...I've never told anyone this before, but I'm a terrible chef. One time, I tried to make a bisque out in the wild, and a Zesk came to try and attack me, so I fed it the bisque and it died."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Anyanka giggled for a couple seconds and then looked up at Kali, face going from a cheeky grin to a slow pout.

"I didn't mean to kill it," she harrumphed, crossing her arms. "That's just how life works sometimes."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Sssh," Anyanka whispered, grabbing Kali by the hips with both hands and pulling her behind a building. Down the street was a large structure that looked to be leaning slightly; two Skrall - a male with a sheriff's badge and an indignant female - as well as a tallish Glatorian-looking figure were standing a slight ways in front of it and talking. The ghost of an idea crept along Anyanka's mischievous face, and she turned to her new friend with a cute, cheekily wicked smirk.

"Is that the Church of the Beast?" she asked in an extremely quiet whisper.

"Uhh...yeah," Kali replied just as quietly. Anyanka's smirk turned into an excitable grin as she fought down the urge to squeak.

"Wanna go and explore?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Anyanka took the "Ummmmm...." as a yes and had already begun sneaking through the narrow intricacies that made up the passages between buildings around Church Street. Her steps were careful and calculated, designed for camouflage and stealth; years spent hiding and moving to avoid detection from other, more deranged Iron Tribe members, bigoted Agori and Glatorian, and angry Skrall had taught her how to move without being spotted. She used the shadows of the buildings as shrouds, slipped like smoke down the Street until she was near enough to the Church. She crouched down carefully, cautious to not make a sound, and beckoned at Kali from down the street fo follow her.

The message in her deep, smoky, alluring brown eyes was clear, even with the distance and dim lighting: Be careful.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Kali wasn't a stealth expert.In the traditional sense, that is.She had always been one of the smaller glatorian around, (and people didn't like their mechanic to draw too much attention) so she had gotten extremely good at hiding in plain sight.Kali made herself as small as possible, following Anyanka's path. Her armor did show up more than her best friend's, but with the other group's attention on each other, they would hardly notice the town's mechanic hiding in the shadows.The water glatorian snuck next to Anyanka, her green eyes sending quite a different message. What now?

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Tagar

The green and silver Glatorian looked at the shapes he had seen. One was a Water Glatorian, the other a dark shape he couldn't make out. He looked at them, and shrugged, turning back to the Church.

OOC:

Just so you know, there are six people at the Church right now: Tagar, Black Buck, Kae, Anyanka, Kail and Levacius's character, Gaverin.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Madam Imadam’s - Iana

A wicked grin spread across Iana’s face following the Glatorian’s question, which combined with the eccentric spirals and spots of blood dotting her form, was enough to send even more patrons scurrying from the inn in fear.

Stronger? Well then, let’s just see what Jeyn’s made of.

With devilish glee, the Agori went to work, mixing and measuring fantastically-coloured liquids into a single glass. The fumes of potent, aged and possibly toxic spirits flooded the tavern until finally, Iana stepped away from the counter, revealing a concoction of which was as black as a starless night, still as a stagnant lake and smelling of something long-dead.

Voila!” she announced in excitement, “My latest creation, ladies and gentlemen! I call it, the... um... the “Probably-Won’t-Kill-Jeyn”-er! The single strongest drink this side of the Wastes!

“So, Jeyn, ya wanna try it?”

IC: Madam Imadam’s - Dupoint

Watch out for the critters. What a comforting statement. Unconsciously, my free hand twitches towards the knife on my belt as I think them, just barely holding back a shudder. Long nights in the Wastes can do things to a person, I’m telling you...

“Y’know,” I add, a thought occurring to me, “You seem like a pretty good lad, Hejat; you’re a good worker, you’re strong and you know this town. How’d you like to join me in my little enterprise?”

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Jeyn raised an eyebrow, eyeing the glass of tar-colored liquid. After a moment's hesitation, he grabbed the glass off the counter, and took a long, long draught. Setting it back down, he grinned.

"Now see, that's better."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Err...how did he see Anyanka, though? I can understand Kali, since it was stated IC that her armor is a lot easier to see, but then there's this:

Her steps were careful and calculated, designed for camouflage and stealth; years spent hiding and moving to avoid detection from other, more deranged Iron Tribe members, bigoted Agori and Glatorian, and angry Skrall had taught her how to move without being spotted. She used the shadows of the buildings as shrouds, slipped like smoke down the Street until she was near enough to the Church. She crouched down carefully, cautious to not make a sound, and beckoned at Kali from down the street fo follow her.

Add that to dark grey and black armor, and she's not exactly going to be seen wandering behind buildings and through shadows.

IC:

"We'll drop in through the back side of the roof, where it's shadier," Anyanka whispered, her voice disguised by the light breeze and her face alight with a giddy anticipation. "You're the engineer. What do you think of the way it's designed?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME