Desolation

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC:

Right.

Anyanka could make out the Church from here and could see the way the structure slightly leaned, though she supposed it may have just been her perception as she, too, strafed to the right, ducking behind the building so she could not be seen while carefully tracing the corner of her cover spot with her eyes. Sure enough, the building was leaning. From underneath thin layers of wattle and daub, she could see thin mounds of bone poking out, bone of all varieties of animal, Vorox, Zesk, Agori and Glatorian. Any which type of bone you could imagine was there, strung together like a macabre architectural dreamcatcher. Anyanka loved the place on sight.

The feisty young Glatorian was even more careful in her steps than she was before, sticking carefully to the shadows of the wall and never letting so much as an inch of her body show until the wandering eyes of the group in front of the Church had all turned away. She acted fast, calling forth her vibrant, manic energy and focusing it into her legs as she moved, ducking behind the Church just about two seconds before the sheriff's eyes turned back to the area where she'd followed. Anyanka could almost feel his gaze zero in on the spot of sand she'd kicked up on her baseball slide into her new shadowy safe zone; luckily, there had been a light breeze, allowing for a good bit of plausible deniability as the dust kicked forward. She resisted the urge to cough - that would definitely blow her cover - and eventually the coast was clear again. Anyanka turned, careful not to actually lift her feet, and drew her butterfly knife.

The wattle and daub wasn't exactly in its prime, so Anyanka's exidian-coated butterfly knife did the job just right as she slipped the point of the blade into a fissure in the material and began to whittle away a place for her foot to loop. After a minute she moved her knife down another couple inches or so and fashioned another foothold; when the process was done, Anyanka carefully lifted her feet and tested the holds. As it happened, her calculations had been almost perfect. The bone held her feet steady, though it was slightly tight and she probably could have made the gap just a teesny bit bigger, but her temporary discomfort was a small price to pay. Anyanka's smallish stature gave her the advantage of stealth; nobody could see her even poking up as she was not quite at the roof's level, and now the Iron Tribe female took her gladius and fashioned herself a little doggy door of sorts that she and Kali could both fit into. Speaking of which...Anyanka turned to the corner where her best friend was now waiting. It was Kali's turn to move now.

Kali alternated between watching Anyanka cut the hand holds and looking out for other people, but when Anyanka was climbing up Kali's attention was fully on her. Luckily, Kali was about the same size as her best friend, making climbing up a lot easier.

Anyanka flashed a quick thumbs up and a bubbly wink to her bestie below her and then pushed through the doggie door, landing with an oomf! on the ground. Kali followed a second later, and the two Glatorian stood up as one, high fived with excited grins, and looked around at the interior of the Church.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: The interior of the Church was as macabre as its exterior. Perhaps more so, as here the bones were not covered up. They were bare and unconcealed, protected from the elements by the walls and roof around them. As such the reeked to high heaven. The stench of death and decay, of mould and mildew, of things that should have been long in the ground or pyre. Curved ribs from Sand Stalkers poked out from the sides of the walls, curving inwards like the jaws of some terrifying beast. Around the floor were littered smaller bones, the scattered skeletons of smaller creatures and the vertebrae of larger ones. Sands, either of the desert or time, had wreaked a little chaos on these bones, flinging some and tossing others, but there was a noticeable arrangement to them even still. If you squinted and ignored a few of those shattered femurs then the bones seemed to be arranged in a series of concentric circles. Odd in a rectangular building. Heck, odd anywhere

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Anyanka's eyebrows did a little wiggle as she tried to picture it; the Iron Tribe Glatorian stood up on her tiptoes and cocked her head, making a "hmmmm" sound with pursed lips before bobbing down onto her two feet again and kind of shrugging towards it.

"I mean, yeah. I can see it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: The Church of the Beast

The sound of growling caught the attention of the Water and Iron Glatorian who observed the interior of the church. The sound of bones being crushed became louder and louder as the silhouette of a large wolf stalked closer and closer towards them.

The features of the Iron Wolf became apparent as it stopped in it's tracks, it's feral eyes staring at the two Glatorian as it let out a nasty bark followed by incessant growling. It began to bend down, as if posed to strike....

...and then started to scratch itself behind the ears, suddenly completely unconcerned about the two now rather tense looking Glatorian, not paying them any mind.

"Gatia! What did I tell ya about wander'n off on yer own?" A rather gruff and somewhat elderly voice said as a glatorian with dark red and white armor came into view, just stopping next to Gatia and patting the old Iron Wolf on the head.

His attention now turned to the two female Glatorian standing just a few yards away, "Ah, ello ladies, please e'cuse Gatia here, she's just a harmless old mutt....like myself!" He let out a chuckle.

Anyone who'd ever lived in Desolation knew the old Glatorian of Fire, Prospector Jihu. Back in the day he'd been on of the most prosperous individuals in town. Of course like the exsidian, that was ancient history.

"Now what are two nice young ladies like yourselves doing in a place like this, eh?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: If Kali had been her best friend, the Iron Wolf showing up probably wouldn't have scared her as much. She wasn't, however, and between the bones, the wolf, and the name of this place, she was terrified. Her hand shook as she aimed her thornax launcher at the wolf. When Jihu came out, however, her relief was almost palpable. "For the Core's sake, don't do that."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jihu - The Church of the Beast -

"Aye, it is." Jihu nodded in agreement. "This place would definitely qualify as 'unexplored', at least by most."

Sensing Kali's apparent fear, the old Iron Wolf approached the water Glatorian, stopping right in front of her and then just looking up at her face.

IC:

"She's adorable!" the young Glatorian replied as she looked down with a loving little O-shape of a mouth and bright brown eyes, clear of any of the smoky enigma that she had possessed up until then. It looked like Anyanka was just a girl, after all. Bipolar, yes, a bit macabre and gothic in her tastes, but...still just a bubbly, excitable, and normal little girl.

Right?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Gaverin / Church of the Beast

"No, I believe they were all slaughtered."

He turned to the Church of the Beast, and uttered out the terrible cry of the alpha Vorox. Before, his attempts a mimickry had failed at anything other than attracting attentio to the Vorox; this time, it may startle whatever was in the church.

IC: Kantebe / Madam Imadam's

"A fact must be agreed upon by multiple people."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Jihu - The Church of the Beast -

Gatia let out a small whine as she looked at the two Glatorian, Jihu just chuckled. "Sorry if she scared ya, she's probably mistaken you for a Vorox." Jihu shrugged.

The Iron Wolf's ears perked up sharply as everyone present heard what sounded like a Vorox...or at least a Vorox in terrible pain. It was a truly terrible sound. It sounded like it was coming from outside the church in fact.

Alarmed, Gatia turned toward the direction the sound had come from and began to bark loudly.

IC: Buck made sure his sword was ready in hand as he kicked open the doors to the Church. It sounded like it was just an animal that had accidentally got trapped in the building, perhaps while fleeing a hunter Vorox. Would explain what the spiny was doing hanging around.

But he wanted to make sure he was ready in case it was the Vorox's partner making a signal. Or an aggravated Zesk. Heck, even if it was an animal, the wildlife around here could kill you in any number of ways. He wasn't going to get his face chewed off because of stupidity and complacence

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:The drink, despite its potency, was drained within a few minutes, the now-empty glass set slightly shakily down on the bar. Jeyn fished around in his pockets awkwardly, finally grasping the handful of coins he was looking for, and dropping them haphazardly next to the glass.

The Glatorian stood, swaying slightly despite his best efforts, and glanced around the bar. "I should pro'lly be getting gone." He shook his head, as if to clear away the slur in his speech.

"Now... To get to the door without fallin'....."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Alright, the peeps in the Church seem to have vanished so I'll try getting a bit more life into this

IC: There were around a dozen of them. The riders in black. Their rock steeds snarled at any passers-by they saw as they loped down Main Street, glittering trophies dangling and jangling off their saddle bags. They headed straight through the centre of Desolation, heading for Slim Sideways. It was where all the Bone Hunters went whenever they...popped by. No-one in the town had ever seen so many of them though. There was simply nothing for them to steal in Desolation so they never troubled anymore than any random drunkard would. And all the 'retired' Glatorian and warriors made it a surprisingly tricky target to outright conquer.

Still...twelve Bone Hunters. That couldn't mean anything good...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Jeyn poked his head outside the door in time to hear more than see the Bone Hunters ride through town. Despite his intoxication, his eyes narrowed, eyes watching the road.

"Bone Hunters... That ain't good at all. What're those Thornax-eatin' money-plunderin' good for nothing bits o' dust doin' here?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: As the Bone Hunters stopped in from of Slim Sideways, they chittered to each other in the strange tongue of the deserts they used amongst each other, having some form of discussion. After a brief moment of debate they dismounted from their rock steeds and walked into the bar...leaving their rides unhitched to anything. The rock steeds looked about for a few moments before realising they were free. Then they started causing chaos.

Rock Steeds were big and pretty strong with it. They could smash a lot of stuff if they wanted. Or even if they didn't want. They were just kind of clumsy like that

"Whether its against the law or not depends on what you're a'doing here," Black Buck answered, trying to sound imposing. It wasn't difficult, not for a Skrall. "So...what are you a'doing here?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Zierum (Workshop)

All had been quiet for the Glatorian the last few minutes. He had eventually made his way back to his shop, and was putting the finishing touches on his latest CTS when the entire building shakes, accompanied by growls of what seemed like excitement and happiness. He was familiar with those growls, most living people who had traveled any decent amount did.

And plus, those were the growls of a certain kind of beast, one that had taken his leg so long ago.

Rock Steeds.

"So much for this being just a slightly different day," he mutters, grabbing some spare rope, an axe he had made for a client that happened to get trapped in a cave-in the day before he was to pick it up, and the latest CTS model, complete with darts and all.

Upon exiting, he finds two Rock Steeds attempting to knock down the sign he's placed in front of his forge advertising his wares and services. The only reason it hasn't fallen yet is because of the many support beams he's welded on, after re-planting it for the 14th time in a row after a sand-storm series came through.

"Dang beasts."

Cracking his knuckles, he pulls out the CTS and fires, sending a dart into one of the Steeds' toes and spooking both. As they roar their pain, fear, or combination of both, Zierum hobbles in and ties the rope to sections of the saddles, reins, or really whatever's hanging there to be tied on. Once both are looped in, the Jungle Glatorian takes a second to wipe off his face with his bandana, though what help that does is nearly unnoticeable.

"..Well, I didn't plan this far ahead."

And so Zierum just takes a seat a distance away from the thrashing Steeds, who are continually roaring, crying, and hitting each other due to how close they are and the fact that they can't move any farther away than the rope lets them.

It's actually somewhat amusing.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: [Iana] - Madam Imadam's, Desolation

Them.

For one, infinitely long moment, Iana didn't move a muscle. Her eyes trailed the gang of Bone Hunters riding carelessly into town, watching each movement as if the next would deliver to her the secrets of the universe... or where to find clean water. She was silent -- only bated breath escaped her lips.

And then, as if suddenly possessed by a demon, the Agori dove underneath the counter, clutching at her discarded sword like a child would their teddy bear. A look of pure, undiluted terror shone in her eyes, and she gently rocked herself back and forth in the shadows.

"How did they find me? How did they find me? How did they find me? How did they find..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tagar

The silver and green figure pointed his staff at the three Glatorian in the Church, as well as the Iron Wolf. "The place is made out of bones. No one knows who built it. Do you need to go inside to see what's scary 'bout it?" The staff may have looked like a simple weapon, but it was actually a quite dangerous weapon.

Then again, Tagar's powers could make anything a hazardous tool.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: [Raleo] - Madam Imadam's, Desolation

I'm not a cowardly man... naw, that's a lie, I'm definitely a coward. I actually have my doubts if there's a brave bone in my entire form. But, that being said, I'm still pretty ashamed of what I did when the Bone Hunters arrived in town.

Namely, draw my knife and hide under the closest table I could find. Though, at least I did draw my knife; that has to count for something, doesn't it?

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Well, you're not going out there now, Jeyn. Bone Hunters and you don't get along too well, and in this state, ticking them off would probably be the last thing you ever did.

With a sigh, he turned back to the bar in time to see Iana dive for cover faster than he had ever seen the Agori move. And he'd seen her doing her job back in Desolation's hey day, so that was saying something. As steadily as he could manage, he moved over, and crouched a yard away from her.

"Hey, Iana. It's alright, everything's fine. Relax, they're not here. They went to Sideways, the piraka didn't come in here. How about you make yourself a drink? I bet you'd feel a lot better."

Oh, that's rich. The drunk mercenary saying everything's fine.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Terx

Terx ran from one point of the city to the other. He could have gone mad, but that's his way of training. Can endurance by running at a constant pace from one end to the other. He started getting thirsty and headed into the Slim Sideways, greeting the Fire Agori on the porch.

IC: Kirza

Kirza walked back and fourth Ghost Street. As tired as he is, this is how he makes sure that doesn't happen. But sooner or later, he's going to pass out. So he headed into Imadam to get a drink.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC:

As Swane is pretty much the only villain in this game, I think it is my duty to constantly attack the town as him.

IC: Tagar

Tagar put his staff down. A small explosion blasted the sand away where he put down the end.

IC: Swane

"Charge!" The strike team of five Skrall ran towards the town. Swane stood behind, and they were all regular Skrall. Their orders were to fire with their Thornax launchers first.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Terx

Terx saw the incoming Skrall and ran inside his house to find his sword and shield. He opened a closet and found the Cresent blade and round shield. He then looks outside to see the Skrall still outside. He then comes out of the door armed with sword and shield. He then throws his shield at one of them.

OOC: Could really use some interaction.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg