• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Master of Valor

Akamai Toa Kaita Valor revamp

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,324 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 02:03 AM

A long while back, I felt a strange urge to recreate Akamai, the Toa Kaita of Valor. My goal was to use pieces used in BIONICLE sets between 2001 and 2003. However, once I had completed him, I discovered that I had used the Hordika neck piece, a part initially released in '05. Well, we can't all be perfect, so I'll live with it. Sorry about the lighting in the pictures--my equipment picked a bad day to hate me.

Main Pic

Front

Back

Club

Fire Sword

A little problem

Squishy

Gallery

Unfortunately, I was unable to get a hold of a Golden Hau, so I left him with a red one.

Also, credit to Jacks for his Matoran design that I used for Terry's Matoran form.

Have at it, guys!

Posted Image

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~, Apr 04 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Comics>>t1scomicbanner_by_t1shadow-d80jnae.jpgvultrazandcobanner_by_t1shadow-d80jn6b.j<<Comedy

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#2 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,306 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 03:03 AM

Well, this is a very good remake, you made good use pf the old pieces and made your own version, the awesomeness of the sword is worth noting also, the use of the red bohrock shield is very goodPS: You know you posted this in system based creations?

I'm back!

#3 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,324 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 03:06 AM

Thanks!

PS: You know you posted this in system based creations?

Drat... I knew something felt wrong when I posted it.

Posted Image

Comics>>t1scomicbanner_by_t1shadow-d80jnae.jpgvultrazandcobanner_by_t1shadow-d80jn6b.j<<Comedy

#4 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,159 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 09:27 AM

Moving to BBC...

#5 Offline krana_enthusiast

krana_enthusiast
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 17 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 06:42 PM

For only using the first bionicle pieces this is really good.  I never did like the first combined models, but this helps change that.  I especially like the sword and the chest area.  I also think that this would not go well with the gold hau.  Having the bright red mask gives it more of a fearsome look.  It also matches the color scheme too.  Anyways, this is still pretty cool.

#6 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,057 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 07:18 PM

Interesting, a Kaita remake. I like the sword and how you made it different and similar to the original at the same time. 

#7 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,263 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 08:55 PM

[font="Palatino;"]The Kaita are often neglected and I don't think I've ever seen a remake of them, much less one that makes such a valiant attempt at a legitimate revamp using only pieces of that era. Taking these limitations into account, the torso is excellent, as are your remakes of the weapons.I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.[/font]

sdadcomedy.png

#8 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,324 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

[font="Palatino;"]The Kaita are often neglected and I don't think I've ever seen a remake of them, much less one that makes such a valiant attempt at a legitimate revamp using only pieces of that era. Taking these limitations into account, the torso is excellent, as are your remakes of the weapons.I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.[/font]

I've only seen a one or two Kaita revamps here and there, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a little more recognition. The sword was my favorite part to make, but the club is a little heavy for him, so I was surprised that it cooperated for the pictures.

You mean the area where I used the 4 Y-joints? Yeah, I wasn't sure about those, either. The parts LEGO used in their sets at the time didn't give me a lot to work with. Got any suggestions?

Posted Image

#9 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,263 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 10:58 PM

[font="Palatino;"]I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.[/font]

You mean the area where I used the 4 Y-joints? Yeah, I wasn't sure about those, either. The parts LEGO used in their sets at the time didn't give me a lot to work with. Got any suggestions?

[font="Palatino;"]The knees look bent at an odd angle to me. If you had a couple of ++ parts and 3-axles you could connect them, then possibly fill them out with some more small parts so the knees don't look so empty.[/font]

sdadcomedy.png

#10 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,448 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 05 2013 - 12:24 AM

Definately good work, although...Pink arms? Is that just the lightning? 

I sort of agree on the knees, although they look so much like the original MNOLG Kaita I'm willing to overlook that flaw. Nice work.  

#11 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,324 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2013 - 01:03 AM

[font="Palatino;"]I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.[/font]

[font="Palatino;"]The knees look bent at an odd angle to me. If you had a couple of ++ parts and 3-axles you could connect them, then possibly fill them out with some more small parts so the knees don't look so empty.[/font]

Ah, okay. I think I get what you're saying. I'll try that.

Definately good work, although...Pink arms? Is that just the lightning? 

I sort of agree on the knees, although they look so much like the original MNOLG Kaita I'm willing to overlook that flaw. Nice work.  

It's just the lighting. I'm pretty sure that piece doesn't exist in pink. lol

I'm gonna try to fix up the knees using what Sumiki suggested. I'll put pictures up if I can find a system that works out.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users