Clash of the Titans

A few months back, I decided to revamp Teridax from the Melding Alt. Universe. I used a torso design similar to the one I used on Sir Vamprah. Not long after his completion, I felt it would be perfect to revamp our Teridax that we all know and love. Light Teridax took about three hours to fully construct, and Shadow Teridax took over 4 hours. And so, without further ado...

"In this corner, standing 12 inches tall and weighing in at around 2 pounds, from the Melding Alternate Universe, we have Teridax!"

Front

Back

Legs

Hammer Time!

Gallery

"And in this corner, from our own Prime Universe, we have... Teridax?" (Credit to Jacks for his Matoran design)

"You have GOT to be kidding me."

"You expected something else?"

"Something like THIS?"

Oh, yeah. I forgot he could do that.

Front

Back

Close-up

Pose

Another Pose

Gallery

Face-off!

Showdown

"Teridax makes the first strike!"

"Teridax makes a counter attack! Ouch, right in the chest!"

"What a kick! That's gotta hurt!"

"Teridax has... Teridax by the throat!"

"They seem to be too evenly matched. Well played, Teridax...Both of you...."

Gallery

Well, there you have it. I consider these two to be my best BBCs yet, especially Shadowdax. Comments and criticism are most welcome! Thanks for looking!

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I really like the Shadow Teridax. You made the color scheme really nice as well as all those details. The Light Teridax is pretty nice as well, too. I like how you put them like they're fighting.

Wow. Very nice job on the Mocs. Where did you get the gold mask? Just out of curiosity. lol loved the matoran Teridax

The mask was from the Tower of Toa set, and that color was only available in late 2005 when TLG switched their gold color. Unless he got it off someone.

Alternate Teridax: I feel like this is the most underdeveloped of the three that you made. It's certainly harder to build in new gold than some other colors, but I wouldn't have minded if you'd sacrificed some height for some bulk redistribution in the shoulder area.Matoran Teridax: Revamping the McToran design is tough, but I think you pulled it off. Too bad the legs couldn't be black.Evil Teridax: Like alternate Teridax, I think the main issue lies in the sticking-out portion of the upper torso, but this is minor compared to Alternate Teridax and wouldn't be an issue at all of there wasn't that space between the top of the sticking-out part and the flat neck area. Aside from that, I'm curious as to why the long Piraka arms you use on the legs are reversed.If you make any changes, I would suggest incorporating more gunmetal and making the tentacles more prominent in the back.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Nice work all around, although I felt that the dark and evil Teridax used a little too much red. Might have been nicer if you had used gunmental, dark green, or gray instead. The matoran Teridax is admirable - Jacks deserves high praise.

And alternate Teridax - I like this one, mostly because I haven't seen a lot of MoCs of him. Nice choice of gold, and I especially like the hammer.

Thanks, guys

Wow. Very nice job on the Mocs. Where did you get the gold mask? Just out of curiosity. lol loved the matoran Teridax

As Takua said, I got it off someone. Glad I did.

Alternate Teridax: I feel like this is the most underdeveloped of the three that you made. It's certainly harder to build in new gold than some other colors, but I wouldn't have minded if you'd sacrificed some height for some bulk redistribution in the shoulder area.Matoran Teridax: Revamping the McToran design is tough, but I think you pulled it off. Too bad the legs couldn't be black.Evil Teridax: Like alternate Teridax, I think the main issue lies in the sticking-out portion of the upper torso, but this is minor compared to Alternate Teridax and wouldn't be an issue at all of there wasn't that space between the top of the sticking-out part and the flat neck area. Aside from that, I'm curious as to why the long Piraka arms you use on the legs are reversed.If you make any changes, I would suggest incorporating more gunmetal and making the tentacles more prominent in the back.

Alt. Terry isn't exactly my favorite when it comes to the shoulders, either. However, I do have some extra gold parts on hand that I may try to add on to see if they help.

Matoran Terry isn't completely my design. Jacks implemented the design for his Taipu MOC a while back, but I tweaked the back and neck a little. In any case, he's not really part of the show, here. He sneaked onto the set and we didn't know what else to do with him. :P

Now, when you mention a "sticking-out part," are you referring to those two little flat liftarms coming out the back of his neck? I'd do something about those if I could, but that's a specific piece that was required for the design. Anything else I tried was too flimsy and his shoulders kept coming loose. Or are you talking about the part of the chest that sticks out? If that's the case, I have no idea what to do about that part.

As for the Piraka arms on the legs, they had to be reversed, otherwise the Hordika legs behind them got in the way. I might switch them out with gunmetal Inika legs, though.

I ran out of gunmetal early on, but I can try to get some and fix it soon.

Nice work all around, although I felt that the dark and evil Teridax used a little too much red. Might have been nicer if you had used gunmental, dark green, or gray instead. The matoran Teridax is admirable - Jacks deserves high praise.

And alternate Teridax - I like this one, mostly because I haven't seen a lot of MoCs of him. Nice choice of gold, and I especially like the hammer.

I was trying to stick to the color scheme we're all familiar with on Terry, and since many of the parts I used don't come in bright red, dark red was my best option.

And indeed, he does.

Thanks! In truth, the legs and mid-torso are the only parts on him that I'm actually proud of. Arms, shoulders, hammer... all disappointments. Glad you like him, though!

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Matoran Makuta is great. I love him. Dark Makuta is pretty awesome too. Bute white Makuta? It's his legs. They bother me. They seem broken and thin, yet bulky at the same time. I think it's the gold piece on top of the Hordika chest piece. And the little hints of silver stick out too.

• 2 weeks later...

Matoran Makuta is great. I love him. Dark Makuta is pretty awesome too. Bute white Makuta? It's his legs. They bother me. They seem broken and thin, yet bulky at the same time. I think it's the gold piece on top of the Hordika chest piece. And the little hints of silver stick out too.

The Hordika armor was added to give him at least a little more bulk, but unfortunately they don't come in white or gold. If they did come in gold, then I wouldn't have had to use those gold pieces. I had to put something there, because with out it, there was just a white spot, whereas everywhere else on him has gold over white to some degree. I suppose I could have made custom lower legs, but that was difficult without making him too cluttered. I'm gonna try to revamp him and Shadowdax soon to clear up some of those color issues.

My favorite is AU Teridax, the rahkshi armor use is awesome! And maybe I'm just a sucker for the good guys... :/

Thanks. I'm glad you like the shoulder armor--it actually didn't turn out as well as I thought. I did like how the rest of the torso underneath them worked out, though.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 months later...