Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!


Photo

Undying

WILD HUNT RPG AWESOME

  • Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#161 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,862 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2013 - 08:02 PM

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]IC: [[color=#daa520;]Havoc[/color]] - Dungeons, Destral Fortress[/font]

 

[color=#daa520;][font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]Those who had spent enough time with me knew that I was a man of few words at the best of times, and utterly silent at the worst. That, combined with my vast strength and complete loyalty to the glorious Hunt, often gave people the idea that I lacked a significant amount of intelligence. That's the stereotype, isn't it: big, faithful and dumb.[/color][/font]

 

[color=#daa520;][font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]It is incredibly enjoyable proving those beings wrong.[/color][/font]

 

[color=#daa520;][font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]"If what I have heard of Mutran is true," I observed, one hand absently drawing a throwing knife, "Then a signed, cryptic message, in Skakdi and engraved on the shell of a Rahkshi would not be out of the ordinary for such an eccentric Makuta. In my opinion, this is most certainly a letter from one of our old enemies."[/color][/font]

 

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-Void[/font]


  • 0
"Whatever she really is, it's an end to our old stalemate."
 
 dark_seven_preview.jpg
 

#162 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2013 - 09:04 PM

IC (Hatannand Kehua, Dungeons): "Indeed, sir" Hatann agreed. "But now that you've got your secret message, I'll just be on my way, shall I?" He shuffled away from the wall a bit, with his legs still wrapped in webbing.

"Don't you dare" Kehua shot back (verbally, since he didn't have time for hoto-writing). He put himself between Hatann and the exit, his spear pointed at the Skakdi's chest and a rhotuka starting to spin on his shield. "I gave you your chance to come quietly, but you didn't. You made things difficult, and now you have highly priviledged information that must not leave this hallway. You aren't going anywhere".

 

Hatann took the grinding screech as a "no".

"Yes, I will" he stated again, trying to remain calm and collected despite the rush of adrenaline building in his vains. He was scraping the bottom of his bag or tricks now, but one more should be all he needed. The conversation, brief as it was, had given him the time he needed to work his hands up into the compartments within his armour that contained his survival supplies - which included a box of matches.

Deftly, he struck one underneath the webbing, let the tiny flame lick his finger and triggered his transmution ability.

 

There was a great whoosh in the tunnel as Hatann's body caught fire, no, became fire. The thick web ropes that had bound him were consumed in an instant, leaving the Skakdi standing freely in front of the huntsmen. His form was composed entirely of flames, though they kept in shape so that he was still recognisable as himself. Large tounges danced on his back and down his arms in places of where his spines had been, and each of his long, pointed teeth was still discernible in his white-hot grin. His limbs rippled with colours as the fire shifted and flowed, but kept its shape.

 

The huntsmen shied back, taken off guard by the sudden appearance of fire out of nowhere, into where it had no right to be. Hatann took advantage of this, and dived onto his weapons, which also burst into flame as soon as his hands closed around them. Spinning back up again, he ran for the exit, leaving the stunned and fearful huntsmen behind him, unable to overcome their fear and hatred of flame in time to give chase. He turned upwards running towards the surface as fast as his flaming feet would carry him.

 

OOC: So, a clean break. The Hunt got their message translated, and Hatann escapes to live another day. Mild bunnying, I know, but reasonable, I think, based on the Hunt's fear of fire. After all, "the last thing  it [the Hunt] will do is intentionally come into contact with it [fire]"


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#163 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 02:34 AM

[font="georgia, serif;"]GM IC: (Vican)[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"Not quite," Vican responded, somewhat not minding Wani's last attempt to get in - which didn't work. "We exist, physically. We can even leave the universe entirely, it's not unheard of. It's also the only way to truly modify our destinies, because outside of the Matoran Universe these pieces of code that deal with our functions as part of this universe no longer apply - as we are no longer a part of this universe. Mutran took to an infinitely more dangerous way - namely switching how the universe responds to the fact that we're actually, er, here."[/font]


  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#164 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:32 AM

OOC: In what way did it not work? Were the beams still reflected, or did they just fail to disintegrate the wall?

 

If they were reflected:

 

IC (Wani, Mutran's Lab): Wani kept on listening to the conversation, while gathering up more muck to dull the reflective metal. If he dented and scratched it enough or dirtied the mirror-like surface enough that it would not reflect, he would eventually break through. It was just a matter of time and persistance.

 

OOC: If they had no effect:

 

IC (Wani, Mutran's lab): Wani's disintegrtor eyebeams continued to have no effect on the walls, though at least now he was getting them to hit. He tried again, this time pouring two continuous streams of energy into the metal. Maybe whatever was protecting the walls could be overwhelmed if he hit it long enough and hard enough without giving it a chance to recover.

 

OOC: This seems a bit repetitive, I know, but I'm determined to exhaust this line of testing before cranking out plans C and D.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#165 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:34 AM

OOC: just had no effect this time. sorry for not making that clear.

 

tbh, I'd suggest you just ask Vican for a list of places where he thinks the key might be.

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]IC:[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]The walls continued their insurmountable resistance. Clearly Mutran had gone into some effort when building up the defenses for his lair.[/font]


Edited by Eduard Bernstein, May 04 2013 - 06:24 AM.

  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#166 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 06:21 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]IC: [color=rgb(178,34,34);]Takari[/color] (Dungeons)[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]When the first part of the message came out, she was as interested as the rest to hear who had signed it.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Once she heard the signature, Takari found herself becoming annoyed at Mutran. As usual, the Makuta was cheating his way out of his death, like many of the Makuta had done before, most only failing once the Hunt came into play..[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And when Hatann became fire, her mind went blank and she screamed. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Collapsing onto the floor, curling up into a fetal position, eyes shut tightly, and her lower face pressed into the scarf to drown out any other sounds Takari made, the former Toa could only sob, not even knowing if tears were coming out or not.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]She fears fire, and yet had been apart of it, she hates the flames, but once loved them and their flickering, she can't stand to be near them while her memories told of times when she had walked through it. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Simply put, she was near a mental breakdown from the sudden exposure to the most fire she'd ever been near since Takari found herself living again. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And she couldn't do anything to help herself, not yet at least.[/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#167 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 07:45 AM

IC: Zartor / Mutran's Lab Door

 

"Hmm. So there's a possibility that there's a place outside the universe where we could go, and build a new world for our use. This is... very, very interesting. But how to use it?"

 

"Nevertheless, the immediate issue is getting in. And I have no idea where they would put a key to this place. Nor do I have a practiced locksmith, though I'm sure we could find one if necessary. I just don't want a further split of the profits. Do you have any idea where Mutran could have gone, Vican? Perhaps the key is there."

 

IC: Amadene / Dungeons

 

While Amadene's truest virtue was mastery over fear, this was one fear she could not overcome - she winced back from the flames, putting her cloak over her head and moving away, trying to escape the terrible heat and light. At the moment, it took every pool of willpower not to just run away in terror; other than that, the only thing she could think was that she needed to move away from the fire. She took a few steps back.

 

When Hatann left, she lowered the now partially burnt section of cloak and attempted to resume her former stance - though she was still visibily shaken. "We need to move, now... before he can gather more Refugees. We're still the only ones to know where the armor came from and we can't lose the advantage."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#168 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 11:29 AM

[font="georgia, serif;"]IC: (Vican)[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"I do not know where my old master has gone - but I can tell you this. I know Mutran and the last thing he would've done was brought the key to a location he prized as much as his lab along with himself. I can tell you, however, that more like than not he has hid the key in one of his typical locations. I would check, if I were you, three places - that would be the main laboratory of the fortress; not Mutran's laboratory, but the shared laboratory of all the Makuta, located, if I remember correctly, on the ground floor of the main fortress. Even before the Destiny War the shared laboratory was rarely used, as our inventors tended to drift apart from each other and compete - case in point, Mutran and Chirox - thus instead opting for personal labs. Mutran, however, kept a locker there where he often held valuable items. I'm not sure what he used to protect it, but I'm pretty sure it's just an ordinary locker that can be opened by bashing the door a few times."[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]The former Matoran took a pause, and then spoke again.[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"Next place is Chirox's quarters. As I'd mentioned before, Mutran loved placing stuff he didn't want Chirox to find in his quarters. He thought it amusing."[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"And then there's a certain takea shark head mounted on a wall in the Throne Room. Mutran had some sort of strange thing for Takea sharks, Mata Nui alone knows why."[/font]


  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#169 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 11:34 AM

IC: Zartor / Mutran's Lab Door

 

Zartor thought about it for a moment. "Hmm. Chirox's Quarters would be a good place to start... worst comes to worse, it holds the highest possibility of other loot still being hidden in there. The Throne Room, though..."

 

He shrugged. "Well, nobody's ever died of going in there. We should check it second. The communal lab should be our last stop before returning..."

 

-Toa Levacius Zevacius :flagusa:


  • 0

#170 Online sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 05:16 PM

IC: Zaak

 

As the mana's claw shot forward, instead of attempting to block the attack, Zaak flung himself to the side, out of reach of the claw, hoping that the manas crab couldnt change direction fast. To keep it at bay if it could turn quicker than expected, Zaak hurled a ball of plasma at the Rahi's now exposed back.


  • 0

#171 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 05:40 PM

OOC: Well that's convenient. Thee happen to be a couple of characters already in the throneroom.

 

IC (Wani, Mutran's Lab): "And just to check" Wani added uncertainly, "This other shark head... is it also a transformed Matoran?"

 

IC (Koriaha, Throneroom): Koriaha stood beside Gandor, who sat on the old Throne of Destral. He looked up and down the bare room, thinking what it might once have been like to stand here. Almost everything had been taken from the room now, eitheer by his fellow huntsmen or those accursed newcomers. Not quite everything was gone, however, since nobody could think of a use for them. A few trophies still hung on the walls - heads, mostly. Among the various rahi were birds, reptiles, mammals and fish. The closest one to him was the head of a takea shark, which he took the time to look over. There wasn't much else left to see here, so he was thinking of leaving soon.

 

IC (Hatann, Dungeons): Hatann kept on running  upwards, his heartlight flashing wildly. That had been much, much too close. Maybe he had been foolish to seek refuge in the deep dungeons, where so many dangers lurked. Certainly, he would think twice before doing so again. He kept running upwards, though he was still far from the surface. He had been a long, long way down.

 

IC (Kehua): Kehua, of all the huntsmen, was closest to the unnatural fire when it sprang into existence. He had positioned himself between Hatann and the exit, blocking his way, so when Hatann started running, he had needed to go straight through Kehua. And he had - the fire-being had actually passed right through Kehua's body, though the contact was too brief to really burn him. The feeling, though, of being that close to fire, was the worst thing Kehua had felt since his forst death. He slumped backwards against one wall, sheild and spear falling from his limp fingers, and just lay there, trying to forget the awefulness.

 

Eventually, Amadene spoke up "...move, now... can't lose..." Kehua groaned and rolled to the side with a groan, reaching for his rhotuka launching sheild. His fingers were shaking, but he got it and focussed on two rahi. The first was the colony drone, a creature that the Brotherhood had created to feed its Visorak armies. The spinner contained a nutritious energy that acted as a strong pick-me-up, and restored a measure of his strength. The second was an Oohnorak spinner, which had the power of numbing. While his pain was more mental than physical, the feeling of unfeeling helped to divert his mind.

He struggled to his feet, slowly as an old turaga. "You're right, of course" he said, slowly. "We have the message, so that wasn't a total failure. Once everybody is feeling up to it, we should get moving." Looking over to where Takari lay, still  deeply affected by the flames, he triggered his mask again and fired the same two spinners at her.

 

OOC: And, since I haven't touched Koranga since the battle, I'll give him an update.

 

IC (Koranga): Following the battle, Koranga quickly left the barricaded hallways, moving swiftly back towards the refugee camp. He would need to find a way to remove the dagger embedded in his shoulder armour before hsi pain-fuelled strength ran out. He had gained a large amount from the battle, so at the moment the would was barely noticable, but soon, he knew, he would come down off that high, and when he did, there would be problems. His strength, endurance, pain-tolerance and mood would all crash heavily.

 

Entering the camp, Korangamade his way towards the centre going to seek out the tent of Kome, an old turaga of earth who, despite his constant grumbling and pessimistic attitiude, had some skill with medicines.

Pushing aside the tent flap and poking his head inside, Koranga saw that Kome was sitting in one corner with his back to Koranga, taking apart a small mechanical disk launcher.

"Hello?" Koranga said uncertainly, but was stoicly ignored by he turaga.

"Can I come in?" he asked a little louder, this time getting a grumpy look.

"You already have" Kome responded, "and I couldn't stop you coming in if you rerally wanted to. What do you want?"

Koranga motioned to his shoulder, which quite clearly had a dagger sticking out of it. Kome just turned back to his work.

"I want you to help me remove this dagger from my shoulder" he said, rolling his eyes. Kome was a little difficult to deal with, but he knew his stuff.

"Ah, now why didn't you say so?" the turaga grunted, finally turning around and gettting up of his stool. "Sit down" he ordered.

 

Koranga did so, sitting patiently on the floor, slowly feeling his strength dwindle away. Meanwhile, Kome busied himself around the tent, grinding up a few porous rocks into a jar, adding the crushed stalks of some strong-smelling herb, dropping in some brown, clay-like substance generated with his elemental power and watering down the whole mixture to go give a sticky brown goo. The turaga took this mixture and standing on top of his stool to get a better view of the injury, began to apply a thick layer of the paste all around the protruding blade. Koranga felt twinges each time Kome's hands bumped against the daggers hit, causing its tip to move about inside his muscle. Each shock was immediatley followed by a small boost of strength, however, so he was able to bear it without much trouble.

Eventually, Kome had sculpted the paste into a shallow cone centred around the blade. Then, with a quick, sure movement, he drew out the blade. Koranga gasped in shock as he felt the blade leave his tissue and slide back out through his armour, but immediately felt the gap in the metal filled with the strange potion, which rapidly dried, turning a light shade of tan.

 

"That should do you" Kome said, putting away his tools. "leave that on there for the next two weeks and you'll be almost back to where you were. The blade stuck mostly in your armour, and only just went into the muscle underneath, so you were lucky there. My sealant should also prevent infection and act as a painkiller, so as long as you're not overly rough with it, you shouldn't have much trouble. You may now, thank me".

 

Koranga ran a couple of fingers over the now-hard plate, feeling, as promised, that he felt little discomfort. The turaga had been as good as his word - the injury wouldn't hamper him much. The thing was, Koranga didn't really like that. The long-acting painkiller, though Kome didn't know it, was the worst thing he could have given to Koranga. He had expected this wound to supply him with pain for almost a month to come (if he survived the Wild Hunt that long. Whenerver he was feeling down, all he would have needed to do was pick a little at his shoulder and rub it, reopening the wound, suffusing his body with pain, strength and joy. Now, Kome had taken that from him.

 

Koranga stood up and looked down at the turaga, thinking of all the pain that he had been denied. He felt like Kome had robbed him, even though he had really done quite the opposite. Anger sparked within him, kindling to a slow burn. From his full height, the turaga of earth looked pathetically small and weak. How easy it would be, he thought, to take back that pain, by extracting it from the healer. The two of them were alone, and, while Kome still held Gorast's dagger, it would be child's play for him to overpower the smaller being and take all the pain and strength he wanted. He imagined his sword piercing the dark-armoured body, and how good it would feel as he drunk in the agony. It would be so easy...

 

Kome coughed, waiting for a response to his invitation, and brought Koranga back from his fantasies No, this turaga didn't deserve that. One well-intentioned deed deserved another. "Thankyou, Kome" he said, bowing his head. "Your skills are masterful".

The turaga coughed again. "Payment? I don't do this for nothing".

The image of Kome in pain flashed back briefly into Koranga's mind, but he squashed it firmly. The refugees didn't use widgets for trade - what worth was a mountain of coins if you were short of food and surrounded by enemies?. Instead, they used the only currency that still held its worth.

"Allright, I'll come back and stand guard over your tent tonight" Koranga told him. "You have my word I won't let the Wild Hunt take you unawares".

Kome seemed satisfied with this, and handed Gorast's dagger back to him, so Koranga exited the tent, walking back out into the camp. Soon, he noticed an unusual sight, a dark brown toa with only one hand was lying flat on the ground, slowly tapping away.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#172 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,862 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 06:17 PM

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]IC: [Havoc] - Dungeons, Destral Fortress[/font]

 

[color=#daa520;][font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]There had been a smug grin on my face as I watched that piece of refugee scum wriggle in his bonds, probably coming up with a half-baked escape plan which would invariably lead to even more discomfort. A small shock of emotional static electricity surged through his body at the thought of the torments he could inflict on this one in the name of the glorious King Radami--[/color][/font]

 

[color=#daa520;][font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]firefirefirefire[/color][/font]

 

[color=#daa520;]--that was before the moment when flesh and sinew transformed into pure flame and heat, flaring up at us like the unholy spectre which it was, replacing the blood in our veins with acid and ice-water. I didn't stop to think of how shameful cowering from this apparition was; my sole thoughts were of escape, and I didn't hesitate to stumble backwards. I didn't wonder what punishment would await my cowardice as the refugee fled into the dark tunnels; I was thankful to see the beast gone.[/color]

 

[color=#daa520;]Slowly, my body's processes resumed their normal level of functioning -- my heart continued pumping blood again, and my lungs began taking in oxygen. But even those few seconds of fire were enough to shake my spirit, and I only heard snippets of the conversation between my compatriots.[/color]

 

[color=#daa520;]Bending down, I picked up and craddled Takari's prone form, checking her vitals for any signs of improvement via Kehua's Rhotuka treatment.[/color]

 

[color=#daa520;]"I agree," my mouth finally said, though I was only half-aware of the words, "But do we continue downwards again, or return to the surface and seek reinforcements?"[/color]

 

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]IC: [[color=#a52a2a;]Rynekk[/color]] - Refugee Camp, Courtyards[/font]

 

[color=#a52a2a;]Ooh, look over there Rynekk! A nice tall stranger for you to meet, yes sirree! You know what mummy always said about talking to strangers, now don't you? "Never talk to strangers, and don't accept strangers from candy!" that's what she said![/color]

 

[color=#a52a2a;]But mummy's dead, isn't she? Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead. They're all dead, because they didn't talk to strangers! Talking to strangers is the key, so let's talk to some strangers! Because we don't want to die like Plagy... no wait, no mummy was the one who died... or was it daddy... or did was it Rynekk? Probably Rynekk -- no likes him. We never liked him, and we raised him. Always back-talking us, no matter how many times his father told him "Don't sass your mother!" and whacked over the back of the head.[/color]

 

[color=#a52a2a;]But anyway, back to the Stranger.[/color]

 

[color=#a52a2a;]"Hullo, Stranger!" we say to the Stranger, who looks rather tall for his age, and is holding such a sharp knife (Don't run with scissors, dear! They're bad for your health!). "You better put that toy down before daddy comes home and finds you with it!"[/color]

 

OOC: Yeah, Rynekk's sorta insane.

 

-Void


  • 0
"Whatever she really is, it's an end to our old stalemate."
 
 dark_seven_preview.jpg
 

#173 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 06:48 PM

IC (Kehua, Dungeons): "Down" Kehua answered, having recovered somewhat from the shock of fire (oh no, there was that thought again Get rid of it! Get rid of it!). "Time is of the essence, now that that thrice-###### Skakdi has got out, and could be telling anyone what he knows. We should go back and follow the message where it leads, before our enemies can. I don't think reinforcements should be necessary. If I had to guess by how keen our translator was to escape, he shouldn't be back in a while, and he was headed up, not down. We'll be headed in opposite directions, so we need not fear meeting him again soon." (Not with his - !). "Either way, I doubt reinforcements will be greatly helpful if he is able to pull that a second time " (Don't even think about that - not helpful!).

 

IC (Koranga): "What, this?" Koranga said, holding up the dagger. It now had two sets of bloodstains on it, one was the blue, ghostly blood of the Wild Hunt, one was his own, red blood, now dried and brown. He made a mental note to clean it when he got the chance. It was a decent quality weapon, so worth keeping, even if he didn't know its history.

"Nah, it's OK. It's good to have something like this around in case the Wild Hunt comes back."


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#174 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

  • 1,474 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 07:23 PM

IC Throne Room

 

Gandor sighed triumphantly and hopped down from the dais the throne was resting on. He walked over to Koriaha and appraised the Takea shark head, eyeing the still-sharp teeth. The Toa of Earth still had an air of confidence about him- it was the same feeling one got after winning a great battle.

 

"I don't think there is much else to see here," he said, "We should regroup with the others."


  • 0

#175 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,862 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:47 PM

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]IC: [[color=#daa520;]Havoc[/color]] - Dungeons, Destral Fortress[/font]

 

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#daa520;]I nodded curtly, my still-addled mind stripping Kehua's words of padding and emotionlessly filing away the pertinent information which could be found. Down, we had to go down. Reinforcements of no use. Moving faster and farther away from that Skakdi brute.[/color][/font]

 

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#daa520;]I glanced around, taking stock of our situation. Takari was still out of it, but the remaining three Huntsmen were up and able, at least enough to continue the journey in the darkness of this foul place. "If that is the case, we should get moving immediately, before we allow the refugee any more of a head start."[/color][/font]

 

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]IC: [[color=#a52a2a;]Rynekk[/color]] - Refugee Camp, Courtyards[/font]

 

[color=#a52a2a;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]"Tut tut tut," we reply in admonishment to the Stranger, as we push ourselves up into a sitting position. "Put that toy away before daddy comes home; we wouldn't want him to get the idea that you were playing rough with your sister, now would we? It drives him insane, you two playing Wild Hunt all the time, always getting scratched up and everything..."[/color][/font]

 

[color=#a52a2a;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]We shake our head sadly at the Stranger's obvious lack of respect towards his elders, wondering what will come of him in the future.[/color][/font]

 

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-Void[/font]


  • 0
"Whatever she really is, it's an end to our old stalemate."
 
 dark_seven_preview.jpg
 

#176 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2013 - 03:46 AM

IC (Kehua, Deep Dungeons): "Good. Since you've got Takari there all wrapped up, we can be on our way".

The team retraced their steps back the way they had come, past the fork in the tunnel (they turned right) and then on to where the Rahkshi of weather control had been placed, supposedly by Mutran. From that point on, they entered the unknown. Holding a lightstone high in front of him, Kehua advanced cautiously. Unlike the first time they had come this way, they now had reason to suspect that something powerful and dangerous lay ahead, whereas before they had been picking random tunnels to explore.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#177 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2013 - 06:19 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]IC: [color=rgb(178,34,34);]Takari[/color] (Dungeons)[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]She wasn't sure how long she stayed curled up, oblivious to the world. She could feel when the spinners hit her, giving her strength and numbness all at the same time, and when Havoc picked up her prone body, but she didn't react. This was something that Takari needed to get over, and now. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Slowly, she grasped her situation and how it pertained to her fears. While she was once with the fire, the former Ta-Toa realizes that she's more like a piece of charcoal now than anything else: once apart of the flames, now simply susceptible to needing to stay far from it, in fear of being destroyed completely. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And it's doubtful that she'll ever change from being that charcoal, unless they finally achieve their destiny. [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Wait...[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(178,34,34);]"I-I apologize for my.. rather overdramatic reaction to the Skakdi's transformation. But it has allowed me to realize a few things, both pertaining to myself and the Hunt as a whole. We all know that we haven't completed our destiny, which most believe is to cleanse this island of evil forever. But, perhaps, what if our destiny was instead to end the Makuta, who had turned against Mata-Nui?[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(178,34,34);]What if Mutran still lives, and that's why we can't move on?"[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]


Edited by Zakar0%, May 05 2013 - 06:19 AM.

  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#178 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2013 - 07:17 AM

[font="georgia, serif;"]IC: (Vican)[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"Oh, no. No, no, that shark head is perfectly normal, I can assure you."[/font]


  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#179 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,862 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2013 - 08:57 PM

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]IC: [[color=#daa520;]Havoc[/color]] - Dungeons, Destral Fortress[/font]

 

[color=#daa520;][font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]"Then we will find him," I replied, hiding both my satisfaction to learn that Takari hadn't passed on back to Sorrowcliff and my own frazzled nerves, which were still slowly recovering from that Skakdi's little trick, "And we will beat him into the ground until the Great Spirit lets us pass into the next world... for good, this time."[/color][/font]

 

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-Void[/font][/font]


  • 0
"Whatever she really is, it's an end to our old stalemate."
 
 dark_seven_preview.jpg
 

#180 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 01:12 AM

IC (Wani, Mutran's Lab): Wani thanked the shark head and left quickly, following Zartor towards Chirox's quarters.

 

IC (Kehua): At last, Takari was waking up. She seemed to have taken the fire harder than the other huntsmen - some did, he noticed. Still, it was encouraging that she could think and speak clearly again. They would all need to be on top of their game to deal with whatever Mutran had done down here.

Still, her question ddin't make much sense to him. By now, he had recovered from the effects of the fire and was back to his normal, assured self.

"I don't think it matters" he said. "Whether we are destined to rid this island of all darkness, or only the Makuta, or even to cleanse the whole universe of darkness, Mutran would still be an obstacle to that destiny. If he still lives, we must change that, reguardless of the specifics of destiny. He is both a Makuta and an evil, and so must be conquered. That's all there is to it".

 

IC (Koranga): "You're insane" Koranga stated. "I don't even have a sister". Or at least, I haven't in over 80,000 years.

Then, the pain ran out. The last drop of what he had gathered during that battle was used up, and he was back to his normal, unenhanced self. The world went grey. It was as if the sun had been reduced to only half of its normal brightness, and everything that had been good and pleasing was reduced to dull drudgery. In Koranga's eyes, all the joy and life in the world had up and left. His bearing slumped a little, as he suddenly felt much more tired. This tended to happen after he came down from a big high. He no longer cared to converse with this madman, and turned to go. He would likely go and rest until the crash was over, and he could function a little better.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#181 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 07:54 AM

[font="georgia;"]GM IC: Chirox's quarters were not as secure as Mutran's lab in this day and age. Their door had been ripped out of its hinges entirely by something of truly inhuman power, and the entrance lied unguarded, trapless to a room which the refugees had mostly left alone because of its sheer uselessness.In the cold, damp air of the room, it felt almost as if in this chamber, shadow itself curled up and died in a corner.There wasn't much left here, under a thick layer of dust and spiderweb. There was a bed, a desk, a wardrobe. On the wall hung a single Rahkshi staff that looked more decorative than anything.Chirox was long dead, after all, and unlike for Mutran, for him, that was a problem when defending his property.[/font]
  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#182 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 10:33 PM

IC: Zartor / Chirox's Quarters

 

Zartor looked around the room, taking in that which was present. It wasn't very hard to do that, mind you. Not much to see in here. The Prime stepped forward carefully, moving in the manner of a diplomat moving between the trench lines of the Destiny War.

 

With a few quick glances, he asked the question, "Any experience with illusions? If the Brotherhood should leave us any lessons, it's that you shouldn't trust your eyes."

 

He motioned to the desk. "That seems our best bet for an inspection."

 

IC: Amadene / Dungeons

 

"And so he shall be conquered." Amadene responded. "But we must be careful. Remember the battles to take Destral? Even a single Makuta could wipe out a squad of our most seasoned warriors, and Mutran... he was among the most deadly."

 

She thought a moment. "It might be prudent to make a move for our original goal before actively turning our attention to Mutran. Any advantage we have against him would be useful at worst, and gamechanging at best. If we run into him along the way... all the better."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, May 07 2013 - 10:42 PM.

  • 0

#183 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 10:44 PM

IC (Wani): "Nope" the Skakdi replied, shaking his head. He opened the draws in the desk Zarotr had indicated, looking for the key or anything else that might have been useful.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#184 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2013 - 06:42 AM

[font="georgia, serif;"]IC: (Chirox's Quarters)[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]While there were no keys or anything in the drawers - understandable, because Chirox, when he was still alive, would no doubt check them often - there were a few documents. Some of them seemed like letters, and the most peculiar was a brief message, scribbled down quickly on some parchment. It was so old, it was probable that just touching it would turn it to dust, so that particular course of action was ill-advised. However, the words were rather clear and... written in Makuta, with the Matoran script.[/font]


  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#185 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2013 - 04:38 PM

OOC: I wasn't aware that the Makuta had a language of their own. The Matoran language was pretty much universal within the MU. The only beings that used different languages were Skakdi, Zyglak, and various species of rahi.

 

IC (Wani): Wani held back from touching the fragile parchment, and tried to decipher the message. Matoran runes were still remarakably legible after so long.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#186 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2013 - 03:00 PM

OOC: Zartor used Makuta to issue a command to Vican to open his jaws, so I just sort of ran with it. :P


Edited by Eduard Bernstein, May 15 2013 - 03:01 PM.

  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#187 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2013 - 06:38 PM

OOC: I wasn't aware that the Makuta had a language of their own.

 

OOC: Makes sense. The Makuta are ancient, and languages evolve constantly over generations. Makuta would probably just be a very ancient form of Matoran that few can still remember.

 

IC: Zartor / Chirox's Quarters

 

Zartor moved over to the parchment and looked at it. Matoran runes? Yet the language was off. The Brotherhoods language. He could translate it, given time.

 

"I'll need a few minutes." he said, as he began piecing it together.

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#188 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted May 16 2013 - 12:29 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]IC: [color=rgb(178,34,34);]Takari[/color] (Dungeons)[/font]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]"Well said, Kehua. Let's be moving onwards. Perhaps we can find a trace of the weapon somewhere within these dismal halls."[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]She takes up a place walking in the middle of the group, having returned to walking herself. The cool blue flames of her eyes dance as she glances around, watching for anything.[/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#189 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 01:43 PM

[font="georgia, serif;"]GM IC: (Chirox's Quarters)[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]A few moments later, Zartor could solidly say he had understood the text before him. It was hard to identify some bits, as the paper had long lost its quality; but most of the text was legible.[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"Chirox,[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]I know we haven't always seen eye-to-eye. What am I saying? We have never seen eye-to-eye. If only for the reason that I am relatively sure that if we looked each other in the eye, the horrors that I would find in yours would murder me.[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]But under this predicament that we find ourselves in, with our enemies sieging our walls, has changed everything. I have no contact with the other Makuta as the soldiers of Radamir approach on my quarters. I have designed a way out of this mess, but you must produce it, Chirox. And while you're at it, you better find some way to chase these [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]illegible [/font][/font][font="georgia, serif;"]Toa off my doorstep."[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]Meanwhile, in the (Deeper Dungeons), the Wild Huntsmen wandering their halls soon found themselves in a small chamber that looked completely unpeculiar except for one particular detail. There was a desk, and on that desk lied a single, solitary orb that seemed as if it was made entirely from emerald with a glowing blue button atop. [/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]Whatever energy kept it running all this time, but it was sure powerful if the button could so much as still glow.[/font]


  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#190 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 05:24 PM

IC: Zartor / Chirox's Quarters

 

The Prime began reading off the text vocally as he read it. "I should probably train up on my knowledge of Makuta curses. There's over fifty-seven single word phrases in their language merely refering to intellectual inferiority, if you would believe it. I only know three."

 

"That aside, I believe we have found our first clue. Check the wardrobe, I'll look over the bed... and that staff, just in case."

 

As he moved toward the bed, Zartor kept against the nearest wall and looked along it. Always trust a Makuta to keep a secret door hidden by some strange misaranged set of stones on the wall.

 

IC: Amadene / Dungeons

 

Amadene moved against the wall as she entered the room, heading around the side. "A rather expensive gem in the middle of the room, also serving a purpose? Trap."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, May 17 2013 - 05:26 PM.

  • 0

#191 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 06:12 PM

IC (Wani, Chirox's Quarters): Wani did as he was instructed, giving the wardrobe a good looking-over for anything unusual.

 

IC (Kehua, Deeper Dungeons): "Or at least dangerous" Kehua added. "probably powerful too. I shouldn't have to say this, but nobody touches that button until we can find out more about it." Cautiosly, he moved towards the desk, trying to get a closer look at the gem. "Any ideas?" he asked the team.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#192 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 09:05 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]IC: [color=rgb(178,34,34);]Takari[/color] (Deeper Dungeons)[/font]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]"Hmm...  perhaps it's some sort of power source, for something or another... perhaps it's the power source to the weapon we seek. [/color][/font]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Or maybe it is the weapon we seek...[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Whatever it may be, we need to find a way to test it without killing ourselves."[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Moving slowly, she approaches the gemstone. How odd..[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#193 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 12:06 PM

IC: Amadene / Deep Dungeons

 

As Takari moved closer, Amadene interposed herself, raising her arm to stop her from moving any closer. "There are better ways." she said.

 

"Does anyone here have a length of rope, or perhaps some means to move the stone to us without touching it? We can avoid most any traps on the desk itself by doing so."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#194 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 03:37 PM

IC (Kehua): "I can do that" Kehua said. he triggered his mask again, using the fikou ability again. A short strand of webbing flew from his fingertips towards the desk. It wasn't long enough to to reach the whole distance, so Kehua let go of his end before it draped itself over the desk and gem.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#195 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

  • 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2013 - 07:57 AM

[font="georgia, serif;"]GM IC: (Chirox's Quarters)[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]The searches were to no avail. Besides covering themselves in dust, the two refugees achieved nothing.[/font]

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]It appeared as if nothing else of major value remained in the room.[/font]


  • 0

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

 


#196 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:33 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]IC: [color=rgb(178,34,34);]Takari[/color] (Dungeons)[/font]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]"If no-one has any objections, shall we pull the gem off?"[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]She stands at the ready to either react or pull, most likely both.[/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#197 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,862 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2013 - 08:53 PM

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]IC: [color=#daa520;]Havoc[/color][/font]

 

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#daa520;]"Whenever you wish, Takari -- just give us some warning beforehand, so that the rest of us might be able to find some cover."[/color][/font]

 

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-Void[/font][/font]


  • 0
"Whatever she really is, it's an end to our old stalemate."
 
 dark_seven_preview.jpg
 




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users