Greg Farshtey's Status

Okay, I have an update on the matter. BZP member Toa-Kal, whom I happen to have MSN contact with, contacted the German LEGO customer service and asked for an update on Greg Farshtey's status. Here is the relevant paragraph of both the original German answer (for those who know the language) and my translation of it.

Ich habe mich noch einmal erkundigt und kann Ihnen mitteilen, dass Greg Farsgtey noch bei LEGO® arbeitet und nach wie vor Zugriff auf bioniclestory.com hat.Es ist allerdings nicht bekannt, ob und wann er die Geschichte fortsetzen wird. Zurzeit ist eine Fortsetzung leider nicht fest geplant.

I checked back and I can inform you that Greg Farshtey is still working for LEGO® and still has access [sic!] to bioniclestory.com.However, it is unknown if and when he will continue the story. There are no firm plans for a continuation right now.

Well, basically it is what we already knew. But now from an official source. That access part, however, seems a little weird to me, since as far as I know, Bink used to put up the chapters GregF submitted. Ah well, probably the customer service person didn't know better or simply didn't care to go to great lengths at explaining internal procedures at LEGO. ^^NtM Edited by Nuhrii the Metruan

He must have some other issue going on right now. At this point I don't think it would take seven months to write 2,000 words, kid or no kid.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

He must have some other issue going on right now. At this point I don't think it would take seven months to write 2,000 words, kid or no kid.

I've said it once, said it twice, but now I'll say it a third time; he's employed by Lego to write for Ninjago. That means he gets paid. When you work for a company, writing for an ongoing series, combined with having a daughter, I would imagine free time is a luxury Greg does not have much of. And let's face it, that's what continuing BIONICLE was/is. It's a hobby. I doubt he got paid to write the serials. As such, it's common sense that his job would take precedence over his hobby.-Mesonak Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Seven months. 2,000 words. So, to finish a chapter in that span of time, he'd have to type roughly 24 words per day. I'd imagine he must have something else, probably personal, going on. This post is 40 words long.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I know he has a daughter now, but surely finishing the serials should take priority, because we outnumber his daughter so it makes sense.Oh well. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm not sure how long I can take this for though.- Tilius

It is always family over everything including his job, which is the right thing to do, he will raise a fine daughter I bet.
Right thing to do in your opinion. In my opinion, he should be putting us first, we've known him longer than his daughter has.- Tilius

I know he has a daughter now, but surely finishing the serials should take priority, because we outnumber his daughter so it makes sense.Oh well. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm not sure how long I can take this for though.- Tilius

It is always family over everything including his job, which is the right thing to do, he will raise a fine daughter I bet.
Right thing to do in your opinion. In my opinion, he should be putting us first, we've known him longer than his daughter has.- Tilius
Tilius, your attempts at starting an argument and trolling are not appreciated. Let's try to be reasonable here.

And you thought I was insane! :PIt would be nice, though, to at least get another update on how he's going, if possible.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

The only other thing I could do is ask Kelly M. how the social media training went. I don't know if he would know or not, but it's worth a try. Edit: And I don't know if the BZP staffers have done that or not.

Edited by Kraahlix

I'm patient and can wait, I love the story and am glad that it still burns on.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Gods is there any way of getting at least some info from the guy himself BY the guy himself!?

Yes. "Wait and see", as he often said, if in the future he will contact us. Patiently.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Seven months. 2,000 words. So, to finish a chapter in that span of time, he'd have to type roughly 24 words per day. I'd imagine he must have something else, probably personal, going on. This post is 40 words long.

Truf. Truf. Although, I can't really complain now myself because I'm way behind on my writing projects. (Click the picture in my sig; IDK if linking to a dead topic is allowed NEmore :lol:)

Wow. I never thought of it like that.

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

I thought people should just accept the fact he has a very important job and daughter to take care of. You guys go do that, and tell me how much free time you have to write for a bunch of considerate and some inconsiderate fans of a dead toy series.I'm fine with waiting, makes the moment when it happens even better.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Hand over the rights to the canon to the fans, I say! :o

No way. That would doom any future Bionicle return for good. If TLG doesn't control the story, they can't market their products with it and they won't bring Bionicle back. Ever. Also, wouldn't the story get kind of messy if everything the fans said was law without any approval method? Who are you going to place the future of Bionicle story on, among the fans? A commitee? We know how well that works in real life :P. It would be nice if Greg would just come back. Just show up tommorrow and say "Hi there, any questions?"

Well, for a while the BSS did work reasonably well. I would say though that the making of mainline story can lose its appeal when we the fans are we the writers in essence; nothing surprises us.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Do you mean get new names or introduce new characters with the new names that he already has? Either way, I don't think it will be a big problem.

I don't really understand why Mr. Farshtey would want to introduce any new characters. He's got far to many in play already. Glad to hear the news, though. :akaku: X-Ray :akaku: Edited by X-Ray

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Well, we got an update. It's not official, but it's an update nonetheless. I don't know about the rest of you neigh-sayers, but I will wait till Greg says something or until we know for sure that the serials are done for.

Edited by bonesiii
[Removed part] Let's not go there, okay? Stay civil, please.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Face it, guys. No way this is some crazy writer's block or a really busy schedule- it's done. We should give up on it.

I have some information:From the "social media class," LEGO employees are prevented from corresponding on BZPower. It may be appropriate to private message those who you know are over the age of 13 (As Greg did with Erebus and I, we have met in person). Binkmeister is no longer working on Hero Factory, so he does not have a connection with BIONICLE anymore. I don't know who is responsible for the web sites and serial updates currently, it was my understanding that Greg used to send them to Kelly to post. Greg is "quite busy" as described from status updates. That's all I have found out so far, but I should know more soon. Basically changes nothing. =)

I have some information:From the "social media class," LEGO employees are prevented from corresponding on BZPower. It may be appropriate to private message those who you know are over the age of 13 (As Greg did with Erebus and I, we have met in person).Binkmeister is no longer working on Hero Factory, so he does not have a connection with BIONICLE anymore. I don't know who is responsible for the web sites and serial updates currently, it was my understanding that Greg used to send them to Kelly to post.Greg is "quite busy" as described from status updates.That's all I have found out so far, but I should know more soon. Basically changes nothing. =)

Nnnnnoooo!!!! Since when did Bink stop working on HF? There goes another link, then...

That was sarcasm, guys. Tilius wasn't serious. He was parodying the excessive reaction that many had.Anyway, Kraahlix, is it known who now will posts the serial chapters? Is it really even relevant except in that we have lost another direct contact?~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Anyway, Kraahlix, is it known who now will posts the serial chapters? Is it really even relevant except in that we have lost another direct contact?~ BioGio

I can probably found out, but no - we don't know. It might not even by something LEGO has provided for at this point. It's relevant in that Greg may or may not have a method of posting any serials he may or may not have written. =P

I just deleted a few posts that were argumentative. Seriously guys, stay on topic and don't fight with each other. I'm serious that I won't tolerate the derailing of this topic.

Anyway, Kraahlix, is it known who now will posts the serial chapters? Is it really even relevant except in that we have lost another direct contact?~ BioGio

I can probably found out, but no - we don't know. It might not even by something LEGO has provided for at this point.It's relevant in that Greg may or may not have a method of posting any serials he may or may not have written. =P
I would think if there was a serious problem getting them out and he had them written, he would have contacted us to try to arrange something. He said so before.I would suspect that Greg has not written any serial chapters, and this possibly further setback will further deter him.

Along with the negativity of course, that's a given.

I just deleted a few posts that were argumentative. Seriously guys, stay on topic and don't fight with each other. I'm serious that I won't tolerate the derailing of this topic.

Sorry :(. I will stay gentlemanly for the Yonolution.
Indeed. (o)Back on topic, I hope Greg comes back and does some more writing. I hate it when things are left unfinished.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

as long as we, the fans, stay here, bionicle shall stay with us. Greg has a kid, and a paying job. He will get around to it when he gets around to it.You guys are all saying It doesnt take seven months to write a chapter, or have a seven month writers blockAre you stating a fact? Last time i checked there is no way you could know that. Maybe it has taken seven months to write a chapter, maybe it will take 7 more. Honestly, if it was a toss up between a Paying Job plus my Daughter walking for the first time (if she hasnt already, she will) or a few chapters every so often which isnt advertised, doesnt make any money, and in no way can be used to support my familyGuess where id beObviously we would LIKE some contact from him, but be realistic. Who can honestly say, with 100% fact and truthfulness that 7 months is too long for someone in Gregs position?

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

as long as we, the fans, stay here, bionicle shall stay with us. Greg has a kid, and a paying job. He will get around to it when he gets around to it.You guys are all saying It doesnt take seven months to write a chapter, or have a seven month writers blockAre you stating a fact? Last time i checked there is no way you could know that. Maybe it has taken seven months to write a chapter, maybe it will take 7 more. Honestly, if it was a toss up between a Paying Job plus my Daughter walking for the first time (if she hasnt already, she will) or a few chapters every so often which isnt advertised, doesnt make any money, and in no way can be used to support my familyGuess where id beObviously we would LIKE some contact from him, but be realistic. Who can honestly say, with 100% fact and truthfulness that 7 months is too long for someone in Gregs position?

Thank you. Just... thank you. This is exactly what I've been thinking, and I don't know why people can't understand. We're not really high up on his priority list, with a paying job for Lego, a wife, and a young daughter.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

It has often taken me that long and longer, personally. :)

Hmm...a wife a daughter and a job writing for Ninjago. Nothing more. It's a simple job as long as he never, ever, ever runs out of ideas. Those things combined would probably take...8 hours a day. Another 8 hours to sleep..that leaves him 8 hours a day to enjoy himself and write Bionicle. Average self-indulgement for a person with that kind of time-6 hours. Leaving him 2 hours a day to write Bionicle. I'm not saying I know this for sure, it's just an estimate. So unless there are extremely ridiculous complications (like his daughter having a tumor or his wife having cancer)...

Pk57sNJ.jpg