Greg Farshtey's Status

Glad to see Greg is still with us :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Nice to know he's still with us, but im pretty sure he could have atleast written an released a few in this long time period...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

That's good news to hear. I hope he updates TYQ and TPTB.

Agreed. Pretty sure they'll be next. I think the next TPTB was meant to be next, but Greg probably wanted to wait until the forums came back on to upload it, because of the Name That GB contest.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

This seems promising. The fact that Greg still acknowledges us, and understands how we haven't been with much story for a while is good to know. I thought that the story would slow down a lot after Bionicle ended but I would not have guess it would come to a slow grind like it is currently. However, I understand Greg is a very busy man and I am immensely thankful he still works on the story. Any story is better then just letting Bionicle fall to the way side. Thank you, Greg Farshtey, for not allowing Bionicle to die just yet. ;)

silverbladebanner.jpg

Thank you so much, Erebus. I really hope Greg can type on his laptop while sitting next to the baby, but I guess that doesn't sound like what a great writer would do...

It's more than just typing on his laptop. He has to be focused on what he does; He isn't just banging rocks together :P Edited by Riglax

iirc there's one more podcast coming. I wonder how Greg's gonna handle that with his new daughter.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'd like to thank you, Erebus, for managing to get this to us. :)That said, I'm a little curious as to why Greg never did the social media training during the six months we've been out of contact... He probably does have his reasons, I'm sure, but it would expedite things now. Oh well, I'm still glad to hear he's doing well. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Even though GregF hasn't made any recent updates to the serials, it's still really incredible that he's even keeping the story going. Keep in mind that he's basically do this on his own without any support from Lego. I'm willing to forgive him for being a little late on the serials for that reason alone. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Good to hear that LEGO is making accommodations for employee-customer interactions. As for the stories, I don't think there's a better excuse than "I'm taking care of my child."

Children are no small task ;) Besides, it's good to spend a lot of time with a child in their early years to build a close bond.

R.I.P. Hundreds of Rahkshi, Karzahni (plant), Mavrah, Kodan, Lhikan, Nidhiki, Krekka, Nivawk, Tuyet, Naho, the other seven Toa Mangai, Sidorak, a Toa of Gravity, a Toa of Plasma, a Toa of 'Silence', Reysa, Carapar, Botar, Ihu, Nikila, Jovan, Hydraxon, Morbuzakh, Antroz, Bitil, Krika, Icarax, Mutran, Vamprah, Spiriah, Gorast, Chirox, many Matoran on a southern island, Matoro, Kojol, many Toa of Iron and Magnetism, all of the Toa in a Toa Tower, a winged Dark Hunter, everyone who attacked Artahka, several OOMN members, a Skakdi in the Pit, many Matoran who became statues, Tridax, Jovan's team, Lesovikk's team, Tyrant, a group of Turaga, the Vahki, Certavus, Lein, many Vorox, many Skrall, Guardian, Nocturn, countless Rahi, the Iron tribe, Teridax, Karzahni (person), The Makuta of Stelt, Telluris, Tren Krom ... and good riddance.

Thanks E, I was getting worried. But, Greg is a Dad now, so he has to do what he has to do. I know we've all been waiting for the next chapters of The Yesterday Quest and The Power that Be for a while now; we just gotta be patient. He'll get to it when he'll get to it.

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

I sure hope they replace him with some new blood to be honest.

Well, the "sad" truth is, they won't. He is actually continuing the story by himself, for FREE. You should appreciate what he is doing, as LEGO really can't care less about BIONICLE right now.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

Maybe half his point is that he doesn't want the story 'continuing' like this? Maybe he wants either someone new to do it, or for it to end. And don't tell other people what they should and shouldn't appreciate. Some people just see this continuation of the story as a massive dragging out where there's no need. If someone's continuing a story, and someone else doesn't like what they're doing with it, there's not really any reason for them to appreciate any of it. - Tilius

Edited by Tilius

Maybe half his point is that he doesn't want the story 'continuing' like this? Maybe he wants either someone new to do it, or for it to end. And don't tell other people what they should and shouldn't appreciate. Some people just see this continuation of the story as a massive dragging out where there's no need. - Tilius

If that's so, maybe he could just give the fanbase a plot synopsis of the ending. Then, we could have a few story contests or something. Or maybe he wouldn't want that because he'd be worried something would be screwed up.

Maybe half his point is that he doesn't want the story 'continuing' like this? Maybe he wants either someone new to do it, or for it to end. And don't tell other people what they should and shouldn't appreciate. Some people just see this continuation of the story as a massive dragging out where there's no need. If someone's continuing a story, and someone else doesn't like what they're doing with it, there's not really any reason for them to appreciate any of it. - Tilius

Sorry, I was being a little bit harsh there. It's just that people have been blaming Greg for the end of BIONICLE and I don't think that's fair. I know what Am I Poplar Yet? said wasn't exactly blaming Greg, but he's done so much for the storyline it's hard not to get a little upset about it. The main thing was that there isn't going to be any "new blood" as LEGO has (for the time being) ended the franchise and Greg is doing the story for free, so if they want to get in new people, they would have to hire them. Mr Farshtey, like all of us, is a fan of BIONICLE, to the extent that he would keep the story going in the hopes that he can expand the universe, and I appreciate that. I'm just a bit disappointed at the lack of support for him. That's just how I see it. Again, I apologise for the seemingly one-dimensional comment I made above.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

Greg I'm really glad your still writing, I really do wish BIONICLE will return so we can hear more of its epicness!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Greg is a busy man, with his new child and all... and hopefully within the next month we should get an update.BTW, whatever happened to the "Name that GB" contest? I know that Greg stated that there was a winner, and I'm guessing that the winner will be announced with an update, no?

Yeah, first GregF has to reveal who the GB is in the serial, and then he'll reveal the winner. The disguised Great Being is being discussed in this topic. :)

jlovfkk.jpg

Excellent! Take your time Greg, actually raise your child instead of letting the TV do it, like my parents did :PAll jokes aside, what is it he does for a living now, anyways? I know he's a writer, but what does he write? Does he have his own little book series or what...MTL