Greg Farshtey's Status

Excellent! Take your time Greg, actually raise your child instead of letting the TV do it, like my parents did :PAll jokes aside, what is it he does for a living now, anyways? I know he's a writer, but what does he write? Does he have his own little book series or what...MTL

He's been writing for Ninjago, apparently.

jlovfkk.jpg

Excellent! Take your time Greg, actually raise your child instead of letting the TV do it, like my parents did :PAll jokes aside, what is it he does for a living now, anyways? I know he's a writer, but what does he write? Does he have his own little book series or what...MTL

He's been writing for Ninjago, apparently.
Not to mention that he is STILL Chief Editor of LEGO Magazine. That's his main job.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd good to hear that he and his child are well, I can't wait until he has time to do some BIONICLE story for us, but I'll be patient with the rest of us until he is free to do so.Huh, Ninjago writing, huh? Maybe I'll have to read a bit of it, it has to be good if its him...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'm happy to hear he thinks about "us" at times. It's good to get news on him.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Let's also hope that this next chapter isn't all "another plot twist?!?! What?!?!!" kinda thing and that we get some actual character development for once. Or maybe that's just me.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

I would be happy if we got a "next chapter" at all. The year is almost over, two serials are still running (at least they haven't been concluded, I'm not sure that running is the right word here) and we don't know if BIONICLEStory.com will still be around next year.

I would be happy if we got a "next chapter" at all. The year is almost over, two serials are still running (at least they haven't been concluded, I'm not sure that running is the right word here) and we don't know if BIONICLEStory.com will still be around next year.

I'm sure they'll keep it running for another year because of what's been happening with Greg. I think Bionicle and BZPower are the main reasons he's doing this course anyway.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'm sure they'll keep it running for another year because of what's been happening with Greg. I think Bionicle and BZPower are the main reasons he's doing this course anyway.
But maintaining BIONICLEStory.com costs money and work force - it is an investment by LEGO for a line that has been cancelled for 1,5 years now. I do hope you are right, but I am not entirely convinced.

Have you heard anything more, ER? I am all for patience, but it has been yet another month...~|ET|~

Seconded.

Greg has been part of this online community for ten years, I'm sure he won't just leave and never come back without a notice. At least not intentionally: he doesn't have all the time in the world and a kid is a big responsibility. My guess is: he's put BIONICLE on hiatus and is planning to get back to it at some point.

Greg has been part of this online community for ten years, I'm sure he won't just leave and never come back without a notice. At least not intentionally: he doesn't have all the time in the world and a kid is a big responsibility. My guess is: he's put BIONICLE on hiatus and is planning to get back to it at some point.

Well then I guess the only thing to do now is wait. It's unfortunate that we may have to wait even longer for a story update, or at least some closure, but it's understandable, considering the pressures he has and the fact that BIONICLE is not a priority for him, or Lego.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

But maintaining BIONICLEStory.com costs money and work force - it is an investment by LEGO for a line that has been cancelled for 1,5 years now. I do hope you are right, but I am not entirely convinced.
BIONICLEStory's not that big a site afaik, so it wouldn't cost that much to maintain... would it?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

BIONICLEStory's not that big a site afaik, so it wouldn't cost that much to maintain... would it?
Really depends on how they do things. If they try to maintain it for as cheap as possible, I'm sure it wouldn't cost a whole lot.

wearewaiting.gif

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

The power is in me. The sword is but the focus.

^ Probably about $10 a month, plus whatever labor costs are needed to maintain the place.

Oh yeah. BionicleStory has a huge rahi problem... http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif I'm glad to hear Greg F hasn't forgotten about us, but he's got a lot on his plate between his writing duties and raising a child so I say let the man take as long of a break as he needs. Edited by P962

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

Bink is an employee of LEGO, so he's pretty much in the same boat as GregF. He may have to take the same training. :(

Couldn't B6 contact Bink? Bink knows that B6 is over 13, so I don't think that would violate any rules.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Is there no way of us contacting Lego and asking what's happening with him? By emailing them or something?

You could try via Customer Service on their site, but don't expect an answer.

Bink knows that B6 is over 13, so I don't think that would violate any rules.

Is that what the Social Media Driver's License is about? My impression was that it was essentially a course in marketing.

Is that what the Social Media Driver's License is about? My impression was that it was essentially a course in marketing.

I don't know. I just thought that the reason Lego employees can't talk to us on this site anymore is because he can't contact anyone under 13 through social media. Since bink knows that Black Six is over 13, I don't see any problem with Black Six contacting bink.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

IMO, if a kid lies about his age of this site and Greg contacts him, it's the kid who would be at fault because he/she made a false claim about his age. If a almost-21 year old goes into a bar and is able to get a drink because he creates a false ID, it's not the bartender's fault for the incident and he can't be held responsible. So, IMO, Greg should be able to contact anyone who says they're over the age of 13. Anyone who lies about it should suffer the consequences, should any arise.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Doubt it, Greg isn't really hands-on with marketing. I think the course was what he can and can't do online while representing the company.

Give man some time folks. He's now a family man. Be little patiend. And it will be.

People should be patient, but it's also been months and months. BIONICLE was supposed to be supported through 2011.

Give man some time folks. He's now a family man. Be little patiend. And it will be.

The last update was in June or July, I think, and we're in December now. I've kind of given up on the story.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.