Greg Farshtey's Status

People should be patient, but it's also been months and months. BIONICLE was supposed to be supported through 2011.

Precisely, Kraahlix. Personally, I'll be pleasantly surprised if the story is ever updated, but for now I'm moving on to my own stories, BIONICLE and otherwise. In fact, I think it would be really fun to collaborate with a few other authors and try to "reboot" the BIONICLE story into something that actually made sense and was satisfying to read...
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Give man some time folks. He's now a family man. Be little patiend. And it will be.

If it had a few weeks or a month and we had been complaining, that'd be one thing. It's been 157 days since the last story update. We're coming up on half a year. I feel that I have a right to complain.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Give man some time folks. He's now a family man. Be little patiend. And it will be.

If it had a few weeks or a month and we had been complaining, that'd be one thing. It's been 157 days since the last story update. We're coming up on half a year. I feel that I have a right to complain.
Very sadly, I have to agree to this.

matanui2banner.png

Credit to North for the Avatar and Banner

Half a year? Wow... Although he does need to look after the family more, it would be nice to know how the serials would end

The Old King is dead long live the King

Dragon types will rule

PM me if you have Pokemon White

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are of the remaining 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

I'll stick with BIONICLE and Greg Farshety until the end. BIONICLE's been there all my life, I'm not going to give up on it just because the story hasn't been updated in months. And I think it's great he has a kid now, that and his family should always be a priority, not some Science Fantasy world.Greg, take your time man; your a great writer, you needn't be rushed. The end result is always what counts the most.And I finally got around to reading Journey's End, have to say it's one of my favorite books now. Guys, If for some weird reason you've given up on the story, just end it right there and move on.And thanks Erebus for the news (However late to it I am :lol: )

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I'll stick with BIONICLE and Greg Farshety until the end. BIONICLE's been there all my life, I'm not going to give up on it just because the story hasn't been updated in months. And I think it's great he has a kid now, that and his family should always be a priority, not some Science Fantasy world.Greg, take your time man; your a great writer, you needn't be rushed. The end result is always what counts the most.And I finally got around to reading Journey's End, have to say it's one of my favorite books now. Guys, If for some weird reason you've given up on the story, just end it right there and move on.And thanks Erebus for the news (However late to it I am :lol: )

I'm Joining! Bionicle began in 2001 when i was 11 years old! and ended when i was 20 years old. I 100% agree.

True, that. I second your motion.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

His family should be his #1 priority, but at this point it's been so long, and considering he's been pretty cut off of contact from us, I think we can safely assume the web serials are over.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Lol at people saying you have a 'right' to complain about the story not being updated. You have a 'right' to demand that a busy man make the time to write a story he is not being paid for, when he has many other duties, both family and career-wise? Nope. Greg Farshtey continuing to update the BIONICLE serials after Lego finished the line was a privilege, something he was doing for us, the fans. We should be thankful for any update, however few and far-between they may be.

Edited by Kumata

I believe that we should be thankful, but it's reached a point that's ridiculous. I believe I have a right to complain, and I shall exercise it. If you wish to laugh at the use of the freedom of speech, go ahead, but I still find this to be crazy and will say so. If the only message Greg gets is people sitting on their hands, nodding, and accepting whatever comes their way, Greg will likely not feel any pressure to continue. I wish to get the message out that some of us are getting kinda ticked at waiting for 158 days for a 2000 word chapter.

Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

I know it's frustrating, but at the moment there really isn't too much we can do about it. Contacting Greg directly is out of the picture for normal members, and at the end of the day he really doesn't have any obligation to keep going with the story besides the fans' requests. Yes, we all want to see more, but we need to accept we're low priority. All we can really do is hope that LEGO doesn't pull the plug on things as a whole.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I know it's frustrating, but at the moment there really isn't too much we can do about it. Contacting Greg directly is out of the picture for normal members, and at the end of the day he really doesn't have any obligation to keep going with the story besides the fans' requests. Yes, we all want to see more, but we need to accept we're low priority. All we can really do is hope that LEGO doesn't pull the plug on things as a whole.

Haven't they already pulled the plug?

No, we'll know they have if Bioniclestory.com goes down, or at least I'd assume that would be the result of a full plug-pulling. I'll admit the metaphorical plug is already hanging out of the socket and barely connected, but it's hanging on in there for now.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

They have setwise. As for the story...That's up in the air until we hear from old Greg.

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

I believe GregF did say if the BIONICLEstory.com goes down, he may continue posting here or BS01. Now with LEGO's policy, I am not sure how it can be done.

And that policy is precisely why I can't blame GregF for this long period of inactivity. I do not believe we are forgotten about but when it comes right down to it GregF makes no money for his family when writes BIONICLE. Besides the fan's disappointment he loses nothing from not writing it. I understand how frustrating this is, but when it comes right down to it it's hard to keep up with a community you can't even interact with.

silverbladebanner.jpg

Lol at people saying you have a 'right' to complain about the story not being updated. You have a 'right' to demand that a busy man make the time to write a story he is not being paid for, when he has many other duties, both family and career-wise? Nope. Greg Farshtey continuing to update the BIONICLE serials after Lego finished the line was a privilege, something he was doing for us, the fans. We should be thankful for any update, however few and far-between they may be.

But do we want to wait forever? There's a difference between reminding him politely once a month and angrily demanding that he churns something out every week.

wearewaiting.gif

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

The power is in me. The sword is but the focus.

I believe GregF did say if the BIONICLEstory.com goes down, he may continue posting here or BS01. Now with LEGO's policy, I am not sure how it can be done.

And that policy is precisely why I can't blame GregF for this long period of inactivity. I do not believe we are forgotten about but when it comes right down to it GregF makes no money for his family when writes BIONICLE. Besides the fan's disappointment he loses nothing from not writing it. I understand how frustrating this is, but when it comes right down to it it's hard to keep up with a community you can't even interact with.
I guess Greg could always cut ties with lego if he really wanted to, but then what? Although Bionicle has been canceled, I'd imagine lego still owns it...

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

I don't know. I just thought that the reason Lego employees can't talk to us on this site anymore is because he can't contact anyone under 13 through social media. Since bink knows that Black Six is over 13, I don't see any problem with Black Six contacting bink.

Could be, but if I google 'Social Media Driver's License' I only get hits for a 'New Media Driver's License' that's all about marketing on fora and social networking sites.

IMO, if a kid lies about his age of this site and Greg contacts him, it's the kid who would be at fault because he/she made a false claim about his age. If a almost-21 year old goes into a bar and is able to get a drink because he creates a false ID, it's not the bartender's fault for the incident and he can't be held responsible.

Actually, it is. Bartenders couldn't care less whether someone is 20 or 21, but if they don't check it thoroughly they can get their license revoked. Same thing applies here, and in any case of adult-minor interaction: if it violates the law, the adult is at fault unless he had a completely plausible reason to believe that the minor was an adult. And telling him you're over 13 doesn't suffice, the court would say anyone could say they're over 13. Showing a bartender a very convincing fake ID is probably enough to shift the blame from him to yourself, but you're not gonna get a beer by just telling the bartender you're 21, are you?

Doubt it, Greg isn't really hands-on with marketing. I think the course was what he can and can't do online while representing the company.

He never was hands-on with marketing, but he always was TLC's contact with the fanbase. IMO it'd make sense if they wanted to give him some knowledge of how to promote the brand. Even if it isn't his job to actively market a brand, he has essentially always been doing it by answering our questions.

I guess Greg could always cut ties with lego if he really wanted to, but then what? Although Bionicle has been canceled, I'd imagine lego still owns it...

He can write stuff we'd consider fanart for all legal purposes. Fanart is protected by law and we could all consider it canon, while officially it is just like our own stories.

He is not going to quit his job any time soon. If he does extend Bionicle, he's going to be doing it on his own time soley for our benefit. The fact that he's even considering to extend the story is remarkable.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I check Bioniclestory.com so often that I memorized the Stars commercial months ago. :P

Arch enemies from a distant past rise to rampage and destroy again. But three ancient heroes, champions of countless battles awaken to stop the evil warriors. This time good and evil fight for possession of the legendary golden armor. Each piece(?) is an artifact of great power. together they make the bearer invincible. Now you can collect the golden armor with the new Bionicle stars. Each set sold separately.

It's good to hear what Erebus said about the story having to be continued.The rock band Evanescence was supposed to come out with an album late 2009 or early 2010. That turned into fall 2010, and then spring 2011. It finally came out last month because they were working tirelessly to make every song better. I waited years for that album, and I bought it last night. It was worth waiting as long as I did. My point is, guys, just wait, and Greg might have a mind-blowing story. Maybe he's making us think it's dead just so he can post a new chapter every 2 weeks, and he's had chapters piling up for all this time. Who knows? Edited by Zarohum

I check Bioniclestory.com so often that I memorized the Stars commercial months ago. :P

Arch enemies from a distant past rise to rampage and destroy again. But three ancient heroes, champions of countless battles awaken to stop the evil warriors. This time good and evil fight for possession of the legendary golden armor. Each piece(?) is an artifact of great power. together they make the bearer invincible. Now you can collect the golden armor with the new Bionicle stars. Each set sold separately.

It's good to hear what Erebus said about the story having to be continued.The rock band Evanescence was supposed to come out with an album late 2009 or early 2010. That turned into fall 2010, and then spring 2011. It finally came out last month because they were working tirelessly to make every song better. I waited years for that album, and I bought it last night. It was worth waiting as long as I did. My point is, guys, just wait, and Greg might have a mind-blowing story. Maybe he's making us think it's dead just so he can post a new chapter every 2 weeks, and he's had chapters piling up for all this time. Who knows?
Exactly. Optimism ftw. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

The last update was in June or July, I think, and we're in December now. I've kind of given up on the story.
He's often stayed away from the serials for this long, if my memory serves me correctly.

*imagines GregF with Guile's haircut* :blink:

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

XD
I can't believe someone actually found that funny - it was kind of an obscure reference :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

XD
I can't believe someone actually found that funny - it was kind of an obscure reference :)
I don't play it. I've just heard other references and figured it out :P

It's good to hear that GregF still has to continue the storyline. That certainly means he hasn't abandoned us, just that he's on hiatus a little bit.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

It's good to hear that GregF still has to continue the storyline. That certainly means he hasn't abandoned us, just that he's on hiatus a little bit.-don't touch my pocket protector

Same. I miss his epic writing.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The last update was in June or July, I think, and we're in December now. I've kind of given up on the story.
He's often stayed away from the serials for this long, if my memory serves me correctly.

NNot this long. We've got to be close to six months now.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to be one of those people (I understand he's a father now and all), but any word as to if we can send him questions again?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Not trying to be one of those people (I understand he's a father now and all), but any word as to if we can send him questions again?

Nope. Unfortunately, the rule still applies.And "those" people? Say what you want, but at this point, I think we have a right to state an opinion, at the very least.

Nope. Unfortunately, the rule still applies.And "those" people? Say what you want, but at this point, I think we have a right to state an opinion, at the very least.
I was making a joke. :P

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

maybe we should ask Santa? so he can convince Greg to write? :pakari: :tohu:

That is the best idea ever. I'm doing that. XP

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

All I want for Christmas is a BIONICLE update... [/singing soprano]Yeah, that would make for an interesting wish list. XD

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison