Greg Farshtey's Status

Hmm...a wife a daughter and a job writing for Ninjago. Nothing more. It's a simple job as long as he never, ever, ever runs out of ideas. Those things combined would probably take...8 hours a day. Another 8 hours to sleep..that leaves him 8 hours a day to enjoy himself and write Bionicle. Average self-indulgement for a person with that kind of time-6 hours. Leaving him 2 hours a day to write Bionicle. I'm not saying I know this for sure, it's just an estimate. So unless there are extremely ridiculous complications (like his daughter having a tumor or his wife having cancer)...

As you said, its an estimate. Maybe its not a simple job. Sure he is the writer, but he would likely still have other LEGO stuff to do.

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Hmm...a wife a daughter and a job writing for Ninjago. Nothing more. It's a simple job as long as he never, ever, ever runs out of ideas. Those things combined would probably take...8 hours a day. Another 8 hours to sleep..that leaves him 8 hours a day to enjoy himself and write Bionicle. Average self-indulgement for a person with that kind of time-6 hours. Leaving him 2 hours a day to write Bionicle. I'm not saying I know this for sure, it's just an estimate. So unless there are extremely ridiculous complications (like his daughter having a tumor or his wife having cancer)...

Yes. This is my whole point.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I really think that Greg should devote his time to family and work, but he should at the very least tell us "Look guys, I'm really busy, so only one serial a year, ok?" Or something. I completely understand if he wants to spend times with things that are very important, but couldn't he at least say something? It kind of makes me think he's putting off telling us he's done.

pNNgXax.jpg

I really think that Greg should devote his time to family and work, but he should at the very least tell us "Look guys, I'm really busy, so only one serial a year, ok?" Or something. I completely understand if he wants to spend times with things that are very important, but couldn't he at least say something? It kind of makes me think he's putting off telling us he's done.

Yeah, but his communications with us are strained at the moment. I think that, for tens years of crafting one of the greatest stories ever told, Greg owes us nothing. I'm very well willing to wait as long as I need to for a new chapter.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Greg can't communicate with us due to the problems that arose from LEGO creating a policy based on COPPA (a U.S. law). He may have gotten that "social media driver's license," but there are currently a lot of barriers in communication. So you shouldn't insist on contact with Greg, especially when there's law and policy in the way.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Star Wars fans ranted and raved about the smallest details in the franchise. George Lucas later quit after being driven away by them. Has BZPower done the same to Greg Farshtey?The man really cared about Bionicle. Listen to any interview and you can tell he was probably Bionicle's biggest fan. It's cancellation really seemed to be a downer for him. Meanwhile, a portion of BZPower celebrated saying things along the lines of "Good riddance, I hope it never comes back. It'd be terrible if it came back." The notion quickly spread among BZPower's cliques to the point of people like Sumiki labeling supporters of Bionicle on Cuusoo, and I quote, "rabid noobs". It is now "cool" to be happy with Bionicle being gone and "noobish" to like and support a future return of it. Granted there are exceptions to both of these rules.Putting aside Lego's new policy, it's pretty clear if he REALLY wanted to contact BZPower, he would have found a way to do so by now. He would have sent something - anything - saying that he's still working on it. With the large number of fans who want to be cool vocally celebrating Bionicle's downfall, is it any wonder Greg left Bionicle.Congrats guys.Let's Keep Bionicle Alive (though I'm probably wasting even writing that sign off :glare:),Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Star Wars fans ranted and raved about the smallest details in the franchise. George Lucas later quit after being driven away by them. Has BZPower done the same to Greg Farshtey?The man really cared about Bionicle. Listen to any interview and you can tell he was probably Bionicle's biggest fan. It's cancellation really seemed to be a downer for him. Meanwhile, a portion of BZPower celebrated saying things along the lines of "Good riddance, I hope it never comes back. It'd be terrible if it came back." The notion quickly spread among BZPower's cliques to the point of people like Sumiki labeling supporters of Bionicle on Cuusoo, and I quote, "rabid noobs". It is now "cool" to be happy with Bionicle being gone and "noobish" to like and support a future return of it. Granted there are exceptions to both of these rules.Putting aside Lego's new policy, it's pretty clear if he REALLY wanted to contact BZPower, he would have found a way to do so by now. He would have sent something - anything - saying that he's still working on it. With the large number of fans who want to be cool vocally celebrating Bionicle's downfall, is it any wonder Greg left Bionicle.Congrats guys.Let's Keep Bionicle Alive (though I'm probably wasting even writing that sign off :glare:),Lewa Krom

Because you totally have proof to back up everything (or anything) you say, right? You can blame the fanbase all you want, but the facts don't support your claims whatsoever. And the fact that you blame people that have different opinions than you for GregF "leaving" BIONICLE is insulting at the very least. We keep coming back to the "Bring Back BIONICLE" debate, but the fact of the matter is that it isnt the cause of BZP's every problem.People that were apathetic towards BIONICLE's end, or feel that if it were brought back, would be handled improperly, aren't the reason that GregF has "left" BZP. Not to sound like a broken record, but I feel it has to be drilled into peoples' heads enough that they realize this - He has a job. He has a family. He likely has a lack of free time to devote to recreation (i.e. writing for fun, which is what the story serials were).We have no concrete knowledge of GregF's schedule, or his life in general. Nor do we have any idea how Lego's policy works in its finest detail, if he could lose his job if it was discovered that he contacted BZP or found a way to find an exploit in the rule. We don't know. We only know several small details, which, if you piece them together, form a much more coherent description of events than what you're portraying.To reiterate - The things we know for certain are the following:-Binkmeister no longer works on BIONICLEStory.com, leaving Greg with (possibly) no way to even get the episodes uploaded-Lego's new policy, which we have very little knowledge of in regards to specifics-Preoccupied with family, obviously-Lego is paying him to write books for Ninjago, taking away any free time he may have had otherwisePiecing those together, we can begin to see a rough outline of where the real problem lies. And it has nothing to do with the fanbase being realistic.-Mesonak Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I know it's typically human to not blame oneself, but it isn't us. That was only the case with Teridax, hence why we'll never be allowed to know the Shadowed One's real name.The problem is that Greg is busy with Ninjago, his daughter and a social media "driver's licence". Trust me, he still loves us, and misses us.BTW, does anyone know how that course is going, or when it might end?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Because you totally have proof to back up everything (or anything) you say, right? You can blame the fanbase all you want, but the facts don't support your claims whatsoever. And the fact that you blame people that have different opinions than you for GregF "leaving" BIONICLE is insulting at the very least. We keep coming back to the "Bring Back BIONICLE" debate, but the fact of the matter is that it isnt the cause of BZP's every problem.People that were apathetic towards BIONICLE's end, or feel that if it were brought back, would be handled improperly, aren't the reason that GregF has "left" BZP. Not to sound like a broken record, but I feel it has to be drilled into peoples' heads enough that they realize this - He has a job. He has a family. He likely has a lack of free time to devote to recreation (i.e. writing for fun, which is what the story serials were).We have no concrete knowledge of GregF's schedule, or his life in general. Nor do we have any idea how Lego's policy works in its finest detail, if he could lose his job if it was discovered that he contacted BZP or found a way to find an exploit in the rule. We don't know. We only know several small details, which, if you piece them together, form a much more coherent description of events than what you're portraying.To reiterate - The things we know for certain are the following:-Binkmeister no longer works on BIONICLEStory.com, leaving Greg with (possibly) no way to even get the episodes uploaded-Lego's new policy, which we have very little knowledge of in regards to specifics-Preoccupied with family, obviously-Lego is paying him to write books for Ninjago, taking away any free time he may have had otherwisePiecing those together, we can begin to see a rough outline of where the real problem lies. And it has nothing to do with the fanbase being realistic.-Mesonak
I comend you on your ability to deduce that it was speculation. :P This entire TOPIC has been speculation, with 10 pages of it based off of a handful of quotes. Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Guys, there's seriously no need to debate fault, and that gets confrontational anyways, and I may delete posts like that in the future. Please remain respectful. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Guys, chatting here will change nothing. So just wait patiently. That's a virtue, and it would be nice to have more of that around.

I agree. There's nothing we can do atm, so all we can do is wait and pray.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

BTW, does anyone know how that course is going, or when it might end?

It's been over with, it generally prevents him from interacting on BZP.
So not even the rights granted by his passing that course could save him? I feel sad.THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT STUPID NANNY PLAGUE!!!!! :burnmad:

I'll have to agree with some of what Lewa Krom said, and some of what Makuta of Oz said, but considering that Bonesii doesn't want us to cross into that territory, I'll leave it at that.I hope all goes well with Greg and his life, and that we hear from him soon, even if it's a simple hello.

Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Lewa Krom, fans have been against a full return of Bionicle, largely because they think it would be different from the Bionicle they knew and loved all this time. People want another web serial update because it's a continuation of "classic" Bionicle. Also, people have been very gracious to Greg throughout this whole topic (you can argue if it's deserved, like you did earlier), so I really don't see why he'd leave due to criticism.I also think, and I'm willing to defend my case, that the fan reaction to George Lucas was very much deserved.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

As of today, 8 months have passed since the last story update.At this point all I want is just a word from Greg to know whether nor not anything is coming our way.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I would like to see where the Fe-Toa will go with his powers (plus the other yesterday questers)Personally if Greg doesnt come back, he should appoint a new story person. I mean, Greg is busy and all, why not pass on the Toa Energy to a new matoran scholar...as it were

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

I would like to see where the Fe-Toa will go with his powers (plus the other yesterday questers)Personally if Greg doesnt come back, he should appoint a new story person. I mean, Greg is busy and all, why not pass on the Toa Energy to a new matoran scholar...as it were

I doubt that'll happen. If Greg stops, it's over. No one else has LEGO's approval to continue the story, and of the few other writers on LEGO's staff, I doubt any of them would willingly take on an unpaid role like this. The best we'd get is an invitation to "finish the story on our own, individually, however we want" like what occurred when Exo-Force ended. And while it's true that hypothetically the fandom could elect a fan-author to wrap things up, I don't know a single fandom that is so unified that an effort like that would yield any satisfactory results.As it is, I stopped holding my breath for word from Greg a while ago. Maybe he'll start uploading serials one day as if he had never stopped. Maybe he'll give us word that he can't finish the serials, and explain why. Maybe we'll never hear anything regarding BIONICLE from him again. At this point it's not worth stressing over, and speculating as to why the updates have stopped accomplishes nothing.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

I have to mention something that makes me a bit worried about Greg's current status. In the January-February issue of LEGO Club magazine, it was mentioned that two features would be appearing on the LEGO Club website: Lloyd Garmadon's blog for Ninjago and Breakout short stories for Hero Factory. I was figuring Greg might have a hand in these, since he's essentially TLG's go-to writer for the Ninjago theme and one of the main writers for LEGO Club content in general. But it's March now and neither of these things has appeared on the LEGO Club website yet.Greg has given plenty of reasons why he might not be back here on BZPower for a while, and there are plenty of reasons why BIONICLEstory.com updates might be slow (not least of which is that unlike many of Greg's other projects, he isn't being paid for those updates and they don't actually serve to advertise any current sets). But if there's something going on in his life on a personal level that's affecting his ability to produce content promised more recently which carries more advertising relevance, then I sincerely worry about when we might next hear from him.Of course, I might be worrying over nothing. LEGO.com web content has been delayed for weeks or months plenty of times in the past, so it's not like we know for sure that anything out-of-the-ordinary is going on. Also, it's possible that Greg is simply busy with work that carries a stricter deadline like Ninjago novels or Club Magazine features. And we don't know for sure that either of these features is going to be written by Greg anyway. Still, I can't help but worry a bit about the possible reasons for these delays.

I have to mention something that makes me a bit worried about Greg's current status. In the January-February issue of LEGO Club magazine, it was mentioned that two features would be appearing on the LEGO Club website: Lloyd Garmadon's blog for Ninjago and Breakout short stories for Hero Factory. I was figuring Greg might have a hand in these, since he's essentially TLG's go-to writer for the Ninjago theme and one of the main writers for LEGO Club content in general. But it's March now and neither of these things has appeared on the LEGO Club website yet.Greg has given plenty of reasons why he might not be back here on BZPower for a while, and there are plenty of reasons why BIONICLEstory.com updates might be slow (not least of which is that unlike many of Greg's other projects, he isn't being paid for those updates and they don't actually serve to advertise any current sets). But if there's something going on in his life on a personal level that's affecting his ability to produce content promised more recently which carries more advertising relevance, then I sincerely worry about when we might next hear from him.Of course, I might be worrying over nothing. LEGO.com web content has been delayed for weeks or months plenty of times in the past, so it's not like we know for sure that anything out-of-the-ordinary is going on. Also, it's possible that Greg is simply busy with work that carries a stricter deadline like Ninjago novels or Club Magazine features. And we don't know for sure that either of these features is going to be written by Greg anyway. Still, I can't help but worry a bit about the possible reasons for these delays.

I hope Gregf makes those.....

• 3 months later...