Barrage of Questions for the Bionically talented!

OK, so I have a list of questions that dont all fit under one topic. heeeerrrreeee weeeee goooooo!!!

1. Who created SM?

2. Who created the Agori?

3. Who Created the element lords?

4. Who created the Great Beings?

5. Where do you find Su-Matoran, Ba-Matoran, De-Matoran, ETC? All we saw on Voya, Metru, Mata, and Mahrii nui were the six 'standard' ones. (I use that word to describe the six basic elements)?

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

The only one of those questions that I can really answer is the 5th one. Matoran of other elements could be found on other islands, primarily the Northern and Southern continent. Voya-Nui may have had matoran of these elements, we just didn't see any of them in the '06/07 plotline.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

OK, so I have a list of questions that dont all fit under one topic. heeeerrrreeee weeeee goooooo!!! 1. Who created SM?2. Who created the Agori?3. Who Created the element lords?4. Who created the Great Beings? 5. Where do you find Su-Matoran, Ba-Matoran, De-Matoran, ETC? All we saw on Voya, Metru, Mata, and Mahrii nui were the six 'standard' ones. (I use that word to describe the six basic elements)?

1) Possibly same coming into existance as our Earth(I guess)2) Same as we came into beings (I guess)3) The GB's, they were tired of ruling SM and created them to rule in their place.4) Evolution, but on another planet(I guess)5) We've seen a De-Koro in Trem-Krom penisula and a Ba-Koro in the SC there are more, aslo on Magri Nui and Metru Nui there were other kinds too.Note: 1,2 and 4 are tought out guesses, we don't know anything about them so we can't really theorise(only speculate but that is not really allowed in S&T)EDIT: Double Ninja'd

Edited by bonesiii
Please let's stick to Bionicle, not get into controversial, banned subjects of real-world issues. It never ends well. -bones

I'm back!

*cracks knuckles*

1. Spherus Magna is just a planet, no one created it (that we know of).

2. The Agori are a species that evolved, however, they are biomechanical due to implants from the GB's.

3. The GB's created them from six warriors to rule the Agori for the GB's.

4. Same as #2, except the implants part.

5. They are in various places, we haven't found out where most of them prefer to live (i.e. Ta-Matoran:Volcanoes::Ga-Matoran:Watery places), however, De-Matoran (pretty sure that's sound) live in quiet places as they can't take too much sonics.

OK, so I have a list of questions that dont all fit under one topic. heeeerrrreeee weeeee goooooo!!! 1. Who created SM?2. Who created the Agori?3. Who Created the element lords?4. Who created the Great Beings? 5. Where do you find Su-Matoran, Ba-Matoran, De-Matoran, ETC? All we saw on Voya, Metru, Mata, and Mahrii nui were the six 'standard' ones. (I use that word to describe the six basic elements)?

1) Possibly same coming into existance as our Earth(I guess)2) Same as we came into beings (I guess)3) The GB's, they were tired of ruling SM and created them to rule in their place.4) Evolution, but on another planet(I guess)5) We've seen a De-Koro in Trem-Krom penisula and a Ba-Koro in the SC there are more, aslo on Magri Nui and Metru Nui there were other kinds too.Note: 1,2 and 4 are tought out guesses, we don't know anything about them so we can't really theorise(only speculate but that is not really allowed in S&T)EDIT: Double Ninja'd

I wouldn't say #4 would be on another planet, I'm pretty sure Greg said that they weren't space travelers.

Edited by bonesiii

new_sig_legacy_2.png

heh it sounds like you're afraid to offend someone by saying ^_^

Anyways, all of that makes sense, except for the Great Beings just evolving. Aren't they the most powerful beings of the Bionicle Universe? I figured they might be the infinite, the ones who need no start :o then everything else just evolved (which makes sense)

Edited by bonesiii
We actually don't allow discussion of controversial subjects like that here. Our rules -do- require avoiding offending people. :) -bones

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

They're not gods. They're organic entities similar to the Glatorian (at least, from what we've seen of them). And they have no powers, just knowledge, and an overwhelming drive to create which was stolen from Annona.

Edited by Constructman

heh it sounds like you're afraid to offend someone by saying ^_^Anyways, all of that makes sense, except for the Great Beings just evolving. Aren't they the most powerful beings of the Bionicle Universe? I figured they might be the infinite, the ones who need no start :o then everything else just evolved (which makes sense)

Me? No, first of all I never want to offend someone, and decond I want to give the canonical truth, and that truth is that I'm fairly sure they evolved, normally I'd check such a thing in the old Greg topics but Google Cache hates me :)

Edited by bonesiii

I'm back!

There was a being known as Annona that would go to communities and steal their dreams, slowly turning them insane, and finally killing them. He went to the GB's and tried to do the same thing, but something in their minds was different. Instead of consuming their dreams, they became more creative and scientific. They might not really have any natural powers at all, just artificial, if that is the case.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

[/color=#4663534]1.The Great Beings[/color]

[/color=#46635342.The Great Beings Made them[/color]

[/color=#4663534]3.They are presumably infinate[/color]

[/color=#4663534]4.The Great Beings, from 5 Glatorian, and 1 Elite Skrall

[/color=#4663534]5.The Southern Contient/The undiscovered Islands near Mata Nui's "feet".[/color]

Edited by Onua39

OK, so I have a list of questions that dont all fit under one topic. heeeerrrreeee weeeee goooooo!!!

1. Who created SM?

2. Who created the Agori?

3. Who Created the element lords?

4. Who created the Great Beings?

5. Where do you find Su-Matoran, Ba-Matoran, De-Matoran, ETC? All we saw on Voya, Metru, Mata, and Mahrii nui were the six 'standard' ones. (I use that word to describe the six basic elements)?

1) Well, first of all, since it (or the surface) are confirmed to be made of normal matter, and normal physics like gravity seem to usually be the same as in our universe, it does seem that something beyond normal "natural" planets must be the case. (Please remember to keep real-world controversy over how those come to be off of here. ;)) I've given the theory before that ancient spacefaring people may have seeded many planets with energized protodermis, and turned them into megaplanets absorbing gravity over a certain level, etc. (I think it was in a topic on the new forums, but I don't have battery power or time to search right now.) The aliens may not be needed for this, however; EP itself might be to blame.

Either way, Greg said the story is (at least so far) intentionally not going to go there.

2) IMO it's probably EP at some point. It has the power to make new beings, after all (though whether the Entity intended this or it was a destiny thing, who knows). Of course, this might need to imply some was at the surface at one point, which might not work. I have an idea to work around that I intend to use for that canon-fit history retelling (though not to state it as a fact, just a possibility), but I'm saving it for the story so yeah. :P

3) To add to the others' answers -- the six warrior-class individuals were transformed inside the elemental chambers of the Underground GB Lab. See here:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Underground_Lab_of_the_Great_Beings

4) All we know is that they "came" at some point, after Annona and the Agori, etc. were in existence. They may be a branch of the Agori family, something made in the same way as them (as in by EP, etc.), or even 'space aliens'. The latter has some evidence since they knew how to design an interstellar engine for the Great Spirit robot (although they apparently weren't total experts at it since the prototype failed).

Voya-Nui may have had matoran of these elements, we just didn't see any of them in the '06/07 plotline.

Was that actually confirmed? I've been trying to find confirmation because it has come up in a Memoirs contest entry I'm trying to judge right now, and failed so far.

I'm pretty sure Greg said that they weren't space travelers

Same to this -- I haven't tried to search for this, though. (It's probably already been stated in recent topics and I forgot, pardon. :P) I haven't run into a need to know this either way yet but would be nice to know.

dang, I was completely wrong this whole time. In the MU, they are made out to be gods.

No they're not. LEGO intentionally avoids controversial subjects, as do we. Greg clearly stated that they (and Mata Nui) are only greatly respected, much the same way as we would respect great historical figures who we are clear were just people.

You're probably picking up on how little they know about the GBs (much like us for most of Bionicle's history, and there's still much we don't know). The GBs were mysterious to them, and myths developed around them to try to answer what the answers to those questions were, but never worshiped or anything like that.

Also, just FTR, Greg confirmed to me they are biological, wear clothes like us, etc.

1.The Great Beings

2.The Great Beings Made them

[4].They are presumably infinate

Sorry but these answers are clearly wrong. Nice try though. :) See the other posts here.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Same to this -- I haven't tried to search for this, though. (It's probably already been stated in recent topics and I forgot, pardon. :P) I haven't run into a need to know this either way yet but would be nice to know.

Seems like it was in one of the old Greg Discussion Topic things. I honestly don't remember. :P I just remember reading that they weren't.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

All these have been answered pretty well. Just want to say, good job to Slifer. I know a lot of people who don't know much about the Bionicle storyline who are content with that, but you ask all these questions, which I think is great. :)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

No no, that's what we're here for. There's a good reason the rules topic says question topics are allowed here. :) I wish we had more of them. :P

BTW, I tried to search for an answer to the alien possibility of GB origins, no luck there either. I did find a post of mine saying "someone should ask Erebus to ask Greg". That might be what you were thinking of.

I did by sheer luck stumble on the link to my older theory in the same google search, though, so here 'tis:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3563

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

1. GregF and the Story Team2. GregF and the Story Team :P 3. Great Beings, using EP to transform ordinary Matoran. 4. GregF and the Story Team 5. Unknown, but probably the Northern and Southern Continents. * * *

Voya-Nui may have had matoran of these elements, we just didn't see any of them in the '06/07 plotline.

Was that actually confirmed? I've been trying to find confirmation because it has come up in a Memoirs contest entry I'm trying to judge right now, and failed so far.

4) In an earlier PM (waaaay back) you said that only Matoran from the six main tribes were present on Voya Nui. Why weren’t other tribes sent?

4) Because we were only doing sets in the six main colors for 2006. Story follows sets

4) But could it be possible that there were Matoran of other elements, they just weren’t in the ‘spotlight’?

4) Depends. If we wrote it was only the six main elements, that is all there was. If we never wrote that, then yes, it would be possible.

I don't recall a reference to only the six main tribes being present in the books, so it's possible.2.

Where are the Great Beings?They are on the planet, that is all I can tell you right nowNot in a place you have seenBut on Spherus Magna?Yes

That was what I could find on the subject. It doesn't confirm that the GBs don't space-travel, or didn't, just that their all home right now to watch the Giant Robot Planet Re-Assembly Show.

They're "home right now", as in on Spherus Magna, or on wherever they came from at first? (I assume the first one, of course, based on the questions in this topic.)

but their spirits

I decided to search through fishers' archives of Greg quotes. This is all using "GB" as the search term, and almost all from the first of the three files. I'll include several GB-related quotes here, sorry if it's getting a bit off-topic in places, but found the one about the alien possibility (disproven) and several others related to origins of them and SM, etc.:

...the GBs did not create the planet the domed universe is on.

This could be ambiguous -- we now know that's Aqua Magna which was technically made by accident in the Shattering (the fault of the Element Lords, etc.). Or it might mean they didn't make Spherus Magna which would seem to be correct.

You said that someone made the "Bionicle planet" for the Great Beings to make a Universe of. Are these "Greater than Great Beings" physically stonger than the Great Beings, did they create the Great Beings, and have they made other "planets"? Also, is one of these "Greater than Great beings" in the Red Star? And is there an Official title for them other than "Greater than Great Beings"?No point in giving an official title, as the planet’s creator or creators plays no role in story and no one in the story (outside of the GBs)

This too might, I suppose, possibly refer just to Aqua Magna, and the "creators" would be the Element Lords. Methinks it refers, however, to what I called "Original Beings" in that theory, making Spherus Magna.

About the organic life-forms outside the Matoran universe: were their ancestors created by the GBs? Or were they just already there, like the ocean? Is it possible that organic life originated from the first organic creatures the GBs created, the Krana? Or later ones?The organic life forms on the planet -- the birds and fish we have seen -- were not created by the GBs or any relation to the GBs.

That probably refers to the Agori as well.Here's an interesting one just for fun:

Was the Great Being that was locked up for going insane (due to an Ignika curse) in the Bionicle Universe?No GBs are in the BIONICLE universe, no. It would be sort of like asking, "Is Makuta Desaima inside that LEGO model he built?"

The context of this question includes one that mentions Dark Mirror (a 2008 serial), so we can be absolutely sure (apparently :P) that Greg hadn't thought of the hidden GB plot until later than that. (This question was brought up after the reveal of Velika.) Unless you wanna argue that it's in context of someone the others would have known was there, but yeah. (And 'Bionicle' here clearly must refer to the MU.)

Did the GB’s create the 2009 location?No, they did not. It is not a domed universe.

There we go -- that one is absolutely definitive. SM isn't a domed universe either therefore they did not make it.Just for the record:

If the war, since the GBs created the ELs, is the Shattering the GBs fault?I would say the Shattering is indirectly their fault, yes.

The original prototype for all the other Matoran who followed were the Av-Matoran. The idea of the Matoran was inspired by the Agori, but the GBs did not create the Agori.

The Agori are the native species of Bara Magna. They were not created by the Great Beings, like Matoran were, and they don’t even know what a Great Spirit is. The robot pieces visible in the desert are from a Great Being project that never functioned.

There's one of interest to me personally due to that story I'm writing. Implies it was built on the other side of the planet basically.Something else I've been wondering if was ever confirmed:

Mata Nui was a revisit of an old project of theirs that had been built using materials other than protodermis and EP.

Another:

The GBs did not know EP was sentient

We don’t know that all GBs have the same power levels or abilities. They may have vastly different ones from each other.

Opens up the possibility that the insane GBs' power was an actual power, rather than accessing a system in protodermis.HERE we go, this is what I was looking for:

is bara-magna the GBs homeworld?No, Spherus Magna is.

Okay, the GB alien theory is debunked.Another of note:

When Mata Nui crashed on Aqua Magna, was he on his way back to Spherus Magna to complete his original mission? [And by "original Mission" I meant give the GBs the information of the planets he visited.Yes and no -- he was on his way back to SM to complete his mission, but his mission did not involve reporting info to the GBs.

This would seem to confirm the studying of alien worlds was purely to help reform SM. I'd consider this strong evidence that the other worlds have to be megaplanets with EP cores.Also, this would seem to imply the GBs had to know that. Given that they are confirmed natives, could this be confirmation that they had already traveled to other star systems, or at least sent probes?One I theorized myself in my canon-fit story, nice to see it confirmed lol:

The GBs built themselves (with their hands) the Prototype Robot? Or did they put, the Agori and Glatorian?No they did not build it with their own hands. There aren’t that many GBs, it would have taken them ages to build something that big by hand. They mostly used construction robots and a few Agori.

is there a BIG secret of Bionicle left that we fans don't know yet? because it seems that Mata Nui as a giant robot was the biggest secret and we are hungry for more like that, maybe the secret of the Red Star which has been there for years?I don’t really consider the RS to be a big secret, no. The biggest secret I think would what the GBs look like, what they are, etc., and I am still not allowed to reveal that despite the line being cancelled.

This would seem to debunk the argument some have made that Greg's revealing about the Red Star is strong evidence that he doesn't intend to continue the serials. He didn't consider the RS a big secret. And while the secret he mentions here is also off-limits (so this quote could argue either way), there's still much we don't know, like what Kopaka & Pohatu will do, the fate of the RS, what will happen with Velika, etc.Also, it would seem that this means that the secret of the GBs is being held in reserve for a possible return (not a guaranteed one, don't misunderstand).

Is the Energized Protodermis being older than the GBs?I would say no, because it did not achieve sentience that early

I didn't go through everything, but that should suffice for now.

1.How planets naturally form,OR bonesii's ep theory

2.Evolution,as agori are organic and can reproduce (that last part is maybe true, as agori and glatorian are both cyborg-esque,meaning the sets are mainly wearing armor)

3.GBs

4. IDK

5.On other islands, ones we didn't see, because Aqua Magna is an ocean planet with a amount of islands to rival Karzahni's ego :D

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

On other islands, ones we didn't see, because Aqua Magna is an ocean planet with a amount of islands to rival Karzahni's ego

Er... Aqua Magna has no islands, other than Mata Nui Island temporarily. You do know about the whole giant robot/domes thing, right? :) Or perhaps you're being poetic in a way I didn't catch. :P

I think he might have meant that they lived on other small islands within the MU, ones that weren't seen in-story, but still fit inside the domes.Also, is it confirmed that there weren't any other islands outside of the MU that existed on Aqua Magna?

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Also, is it confirmed that there weren't any other islands outside of the MU that existed on Aqua Magna?

Yes. See quote from BS01 page for example:

The surface of the satellite is completely covered by an ocean, devoid of any land mass. Two islands formerly existed on the surface: Mata Nui and Voya Nui.

Yes. From the De-Matoran page:

A group of De-Matoran that occupied a village on the Tren Krom Peninsula known as De-Koro.

And Ba-Matoran and SC pages:

A group of Ba-Matoran who abandoned their village, Ba-Koro, which was found by Mazeka and an alternate Teridax.

Ba-Koro

A small village, once home to a population of Ba-Matoran, is present on the continent. The Matoran have since disappeared.

Regarding the "Greater than Great Beings" mentioned in Bonesii's post with all the Greg quotes: I thought we knew about those for some time now? If I remember correctly, they are called "Greater Spirits", or something that involves the word spirit, and the Matoran revere them but not as actively. On the other hand, if they were that important and well-known, I probably would've seen more recent mention of them, so I probably just read someone's theory and assumed it was fact, as I have done that before. Never mind.

idk man

Regarding the "Greater than Great Beings" mentioned in Bonesii's post with all the Greg quotes: I thought we knew about those for some time now? If I remember correctly, they are called "Greater Spirits", or something that involves the word spirit, and the Matoran revere them but not as actively. On the other hand, if they were that important and well-known, I probably would've seen more recent mention of them, so I probably just read someone's theory and assumed it was fact, as I have done that before. Never mind.

I don't think that's right. As far as I know, the Matoran know nothing at all about them. After all, Greg said they weren't going to be assigned a name since they play no story role. Methinks you're confusing them with the Great Spirit. And I've never heard that, far as I recall, so yeah, pretty sure it's just something someone said once somewhere. :P

I just noticed Greg's reply to that question about them is cut off. Not sure if I did that or he didn't finish his sentence... *checks*

Yeah, that was me, sorry 'bout that. Here's the full quote:

You said that someone made the "Bionicle planet" for the Great Beings to make a Universe of. Are these "Greater than Great Beings" physically stonger than the Great Beings, did they create the Great Beings, and have they made other "planets"? Also, is one of these "Greater than Great beings" in the Red Star? And is there an Official title for them other than "Greater than Great Beings"?

No point in giving an official title, as the planet’s creator or creators plays no role in story and no one in the story (outside of the GBs) even knows such an entity or entities even exists.

So no, the Matoran don't know of them. Note that this was before we knew of Bara Magna's population (the planet mentioned is Aqua Magna), so I don't know if that applies to the Agori/etc. too or not, though.

Oh, well okay then. Also, bonesii I read your theory and it does make sense. Of course, a therory that complex just shows how dense bionicle's myhtology was.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

No, Greg said Metru Nui only had the six main types. (Other than Takua, of course. And I suppose there might have been other Av-in-disguise.)

No, Greg said Metru Nui only had the six main types. (Other than Takua, of course. And I suppose there might have been other Av-in-disguise.)

I'm pretty sure the other-Av in disguise theory is unlikely, since the Order tried to space out the disguised Matoran throughout the universe, and if a Toa of Light was needed in Metru Nui, Takua would fit the bill.

That makes me wonder why there weren't other types there. Considering the affinity of Vo-Matoran for electrical systems and their shock resistance, I'd assume that they would make prime candidates to be engineers and such in Metru Nui. I suppose that between Po, Onu, Ko, Ta, Le, and Ga, though, Metru Nui ran well as a combined system.

but their spirits

It seems like in many places Matoran tended to live with others of their same type. Metru Nui is a case in point.

Voya Nui could be a major exception mainly because it was random Matoran sent from Karzahni, who were in turn sent there from all throughout the universe.

Although I tend to think of many villages on the continents being mixed. And maybe some islands.

Another issue is that most other types seem to be highly rare. So even in most other places, the vast majority are of the six main types. I presume that's why there were places that got basic-language names like Ba-Koro; it's probably the only Gravity-only village anywhere. The other Ba-Matoran would be very rare exceptions in a few of the the continental villages, IMO.

That makes me wonder why there weren't other types there. Considering the affinity of Vo-Matoran for electrical systems and their shock resistance, I'd assume that they would make prime candidates to be engineers and such in Metru Nui. I suppose that between Po, Onu, Ko, Ta, Le, and Ga, though, Metru Nui ran well as a combined system.

Vo-Matoran have shock resistance? I didn't know that.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

• 1 year later...