• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Mobile Toa-Mata

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 27-February 13
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 08:01 PM

I took a pike from lego castle, and then cut it to length to be a hip axle for a Toa mata. the legs swing now. And a ball join at the neck to make their head's roll.

This is kinda to show what stop motion potential these Toa have.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

no its Onepu 

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,367 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 11:19 PM

[font="Palatino;"]I remember when I got Pohatu, my first Mata, and I was disappointed that the set didn't have as many points of articulation as the box showed. This not only rectifies that long-standing issue but also is evocative of MNOLG.I'm kind of curious as to why you didn't keep the ball joint on the torso ... the socket joint there just doesn't seem to flow quite the same.[/font]

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#3 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 10:53 AM

It looks like some good additional posability, particularly in the neck area.  The piece in the centre of the hips stands out a bit, a red piece would be better there.  I have to agree with Sumiki about the socket joint on the chest.

How much friction is there on the new hip axle? I'd imagine its reasonable now, but it might wear and get loose?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#4 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 01:51 PM

I thinks that's a cool idea. When I "play" around with my Toa Mata/Nuva sets the legs were so hard to move, and that is a pretty creative idea.

#5 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 27-February 13
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 08:00 PM

It looks like some good additional posability, particularly in the neck area.  The piece in the centre of the hips stands out a bit, a red piece would be better there.  I have to agree with Sumiki about the socket joint on the chest.

How much friction is there on the new hip axle? I'd imagine its reasonable now, but it might wear and get loose?

Well I had that problem. The legs would fit at intervals of 90 degrees fine, but if turned a bit would flop. I took the protruding part of the new 'axle' and put a half spool on it (the small round piece that has like a niche around it for a rubber band?) to add friction. Then I decided it made it look tacky. So I just removed that and put hot glue inside of the sockets at the hip to add friction. Now they hold tighter than a ball joint, but dont make a clicky noise when they move. 

As for the socket on the chest, it is supposed to add an idea of a plate of armor to it. plus, with all my balls being used in the necks of the Toa, I ran out of them to put on their chests. Remember, this is for a stop motion film.

(Can anyone explain the story purpose of the balls on the Toa's chests, save Gali, Onua, and Pohatu?)

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

no its Onepu 

#6 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 02:09 PM

They were used as pieces for the Toa Kaita combiners, but I think that they were also supposed to be for armor/placeholders. :/

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#7 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 27-February 13
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 06:14 PM

Placeholders? 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by slifer3000, Apr 04 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

no its Onepu 

#8 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 16-February 13
  • 516 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 07:32 PM

Wow thats pretty cool!! I have got to try that for my Toa Nuva (Sadly I dont have the Toa Mata yet :( )!

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Apr 04 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#9 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 27-February 13
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 08:35 PM

Toa Nuva have a more limited range on their neck movement.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

no its Onepu 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users