Mobile Toa-Mata

I took a pike from lego castle, and then cut it to length to be a hip axle for a Toa mata. the legs swing now. And a ball join at the neck to make their head's roll.

This is kinda to show what stop motion potential these Toa have.

1600824.jpg

1600819.jpg1600822.jpg

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I remember when I got Pohatu, my first Mata, and I was disappointed that the set didn't have as many points of articulation as the box showed. This not only rectifies that long-standing issue but also is evocative of MNOLG.I'm kind of curious as to why you didn't keep the ball joint on the torso ... the socket joint there just doesn't seem to flow quite the same.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It looks like some good additional posability, particularly in the neck area. The piece in the centre of the hips stands out a bit, a red piece would be better there. I have to agree with Sumiki about the socket joint on the chest.

How much friction is there on the new hip axle? I'd imagine its reasonable now, but it might wear and get loose?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

It looks like some good additional posability, particularly in the neck area. The piece in the centre of the hips stands out a bit, a red piece would be better there. I have to agree with Sumiki about the socket joint on the chest.

How much friction is there on the new hip axle? I'd imagine its reasonable now, but it might wear and get loose?

Well I had that problem. The legs would fit at intervals of 90 degrees fine, but if turned a bit would flop. I took the protruding part of the new 'axle' and put a half spool on it (the small round piece that has like a niche around it for a rubber band?) to add friction. Then I decided it made it look tacky. So I just removed that and put hot glue inside of the sockets at the hip to add friction. Now they hold tighter than a ball joint, but dont make a clicky noise when they move.

As for the socket on the chest, it is supposed to add an idea of a plate of armor to it. plus, with all my balls being used in the necks of the Toa, I ran out of them to put on their chests. Remember, this is for a stop motion film.

(Can anyone explain the story purpose of the balls on the Toa's chests, save Gali, Onua, and Pohatu?)

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes