Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

This just popped up on Amazon.com. Really nice finalized set art (albeit reversed) for Stormer XL.51GP%2BHMsxjL._SS500_.jpgCredit goes to other unnamed forum site for the find.

His legs just ruin him. I understand they were either attempting something new and astray from the FL build, but that knee socket seems annoying. Otherwise, diggin' this guy

doom4revalt.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BZPs it's my first post on BZP,so i want to ask, when are we going to have the CGI images of the summer wave?

I'd guess two months before their official release date at most. Since an August release was promised at Toy Fair I think we can expect finalized pics for all of them sometime in June at the earliest.

Hello BZPs it's my first post on BZP,so i want to ask, when are we going to have the CGI images of the summer wave?

I'd guess two months before their official release date at most. Since an August release was promised at Toy Fair I think we can expect finalized pics for all of them sometime in June at the earliest.
Actually, we got pictures of the summer 2011 sets in April. Also, LEGO always sets the summer set release date on August although it tends to be July or even June as was the case last year for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Really, the only positive thing I'm seeing about Stormer is that his new design is sort of "retro" - it seems more similar to the 1.0s aesthetically than any of the other Heroes.The legs are still awful. They go too far in the opposite direction from the Fire Lord build, the knee can now bend too much, instead of the ankles not bending enough. Also, his ankle seems too high.

Really, the only positive thing I'm seeing about Stormer is that his new design is sort of "retro" - it seems more similar to the 1.0s aesthetically than any of the other Heroes.The legs are still awful. They go too far in the opposite direction from the Fire Lord build, the knee can now bend too much, instead of the ankles not bending enough. Also, his ankle seems too high.

Well, Stormer's build is huge improvement IMO. The legs are constructed similar to the Superheroes ones, except this new little joint on his knee. That makes him a little bit silly in my opinion. It'd have been better if TLC made him a standard hero with a bike.

Well, seeing as Stormer is a slighter better version of the Hulk, I'm really not expecting too much from him :(

I don't really like Hulk, but the chestplate intrigues me. It's useful for some MOCs like Breez XL or other stuff.Actually i Like Stormer because he has two fists and that is a large improvement in bigger sets' playability. The sword is a bit small otherwise, if he is XL than the weapon must be XL too. They may have given him at least a weapon Umbre had (I don't really know how to call this thing) Anyway Stormer is not XL in my opinion.

Well, seeing as Stormer is a slighter better version of the Hulk, I'm really not expecting too much from him :(

Stormer makes some significant improvements on the Hulk's design, though. For instance, he has back armor, something the Hulk lacks due to being priced much lower. Additionally, Stormer's torso has less of that muscular "bulge" under his arms because he uses the new 3M C beams (double-sockets) instead of the 5M ones used for the Hulk.Granted, he still has his flaws-- I feel Stormer XL's legs are too long for his body, even though of course the comically-short ones from Hulk would never do, and I can't say I understand the point of his strange two-toed feet which would fit in just fine on a giant Matoran but not so much on a Hero Factory hero. But Stormer XL isn't held back by sharing a price-point with less bulky figures, and it really shows.I think Stormer XL's sword is a nice size, even though the handle's a bit awkward and it's nowhere near as imposing as the double-sword Breez and Batman have, which is just short of their full height as figures.

slighter better version of the Hulk,

Yeah...Yeah, I'm not too surprised by that. The Hulk looks ridiculous in so many ways, so it's not hard for anything to be "slightly better". I think I find the fists to be the funniest things. If they even gave him fingers, he'd look just a little less daft of a set.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Yeah...Yeah, I'm not too surprised by that. The Hulk looks ridiculous in so many ways, so it's not hard for anything to be "slightly better". I think I find the fists to be the funniest things. If they even gave him fingers, he'd look just a little less daft of a set.
I know. Those shells are clearly meant to represent clenched fists, but every time I see a picture of Hulk my mind subconsciously fills in fingers where there are none, making him look like he's flashing gang signs no matter what pose he's in. o_OThat said, I think Stormer XL improves dramatically on Hulk's design, and I'm eager to see him in real life. And even Hulk gets a lot of undeserved hate for using a non-standard torso design where the other Ultrabuild heroes do not.@Nex 4.0: I think Hulk's torso would be terrible for Breez XL. With Breez I'd think you'd be better off using a tall, imposing physique like Rocka XL's rather than a wide, musclebound physique like Stormer XL's.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I know. Those shells are clearly meant to represent clenched fists, but every time I see a picture of Hulk my mind subconsciously fills in fingers where there are none, making him look like he's flashing gang signs no matter what pose he's in. o_O
Well now that you mentioned it, it does look sort of like a fist. A hollow fist with amputated fingers :PAgreed. The legs are way too long, and I would blame the ankles and that darned knee joint. I also question why the uh... side connectors aren't armored, like on the hulk. But again, I see no point in making him "XL" other than making another titan. And it's odd they didn't release him as the 6th hero either.

doom4revalt.png

Well, Stormer's build is huge improvement IMO. The legs are constructed similar to the Superheroes ones, except this new little joint on his knee. That makes him a little bit silly in my opinion. It'd have been better if TLC made him a standard hero with a bike.
The knee design is the entire problem. It doesn't use the hinge design that knees usually use, instead opting for the normal ball-and-socket connection, which gives it far too much flexibility and makes it look awkward.

Not that it differs much from what we´ve already seen at ToyFair (except for Stringer being mirrored), but this hopefully means we can expect high-resolution CGI of all sets soon. Core Hunter and Stringer look awesome.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I don't know if this is already somewhere in this thread, but I don't want to go through all 23 pages to find it, so I'll ask it:I don't see Breez or Thornraxx at TRU's website. Are they planning/going to put them up there?

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

Here is a nice finalized picture of four summer wave sets![pic]

It's nice to finally have a clear image of Core Hunter. He still looks cool and will probably be my first 'bag' set. So will Stringer, seeing as he'll be £6.99, hopefully. Don't suppose any more of his armour pieces will be translucent, anyone?

LzcD9OS.png

It's nice to finally have a clear image of Core Hunter. He still looks cool and will probably be my first 'bag' set. So will Stringer, seeing as he'll be £6.99, hopefully. Don't suppose any more of his armour pieces will be translucent, anyone?
Nope

doom4revalt.png

Nope
I got that. I just assumed that given they weren't yet finalised, they might have been cutting corners or something. 'Twas only a loose theory.

LzcD9OS.png

Is it me, or does Bulk have very little aesthetic appeal? He just looks.. average.. boring. So does Core Hunter (but at least Core Hunter has decent MOCing parts).Nex, Stringer, XT-4, Core Hunter & Voltix are first-priority for me when they come out. Then I might have some money left over, and with that I might save up for Speeda.

XT4= Waspix+ Meltdown?

If Waspix = yellow and Meltdown = yellow head with red cyclops eye, then yes, I guess. Besides that, I fail to see any similarities, especially to Waspix.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

XT4= Waspix+ Meltdown?

If Waspix = yellow and Meltdown = yellow head with red cyclops eye, then yes, I guess. Besides that, I fail to see any similarities, especially to Waspix.-Gata signoff.jpg
Well, XT4 does have the six limbs. But overall I think that any similarities are coincidental, just as was the case with the other Breakout villains who people thought were somehow "fusions" of previous villains.

XT4= Waspix+ Meltdown?

Well, XT4 does have the six limbs. But overall I think that any similarities are coincidental, just as was the case with the other Breakout villains who people thought were somehow "fusions" of previous villains.
Not to mention, both XT4 and Waspix have a double-jointed leg design.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

XT4= Waspix+ Meltdown?

Still, that doesn´t make them similar enough to be more than a coincidence. It´s not like Waspix was the first character ever to have double-jointed limbs either.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

XT4= Waspix+ Meltdown?

Still, that doesn´t make them similar enough to be more than a coincidence. It´s not like Waspix was the first character ever to have double-jointed limbs either.-Gata signoff.jpg
Well he is yellow, has four arms, a cyclops eye, and double-jointed legs. Coincidence? I don't think so.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Coincidence?

Yes.All of those are easily recycled villainous traits. The fact that they're occurring at the same time is a coincidence.Splitface wasn't Thunder fused to Xplode. Toxic Reapa wasn't Meltdown combined with Corroder. There's no reason to think XT4 has any relation to other yellow sets.

OpAXNpl.jpg

now that Breakout has aired officially, does anyone think we'll get an episode of "The Doom Box"?

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

now that Breakout has aired officially, does anyone think we'll get an episode of "The Doom Box"?

We certainly will. There has never been a year, where they haven't put an epiosde for both halfs pf the year! Although i'm still wondering where Nex is going to be sent.

We certainly will. There has never been a year, where they haven't put an epiosde for both halfs pf the year! Although i'm still wondering where Nex is going to be sent.
However, you need to consider that this time, the story extends through two waves of sets and not just one, so it´s indeed possible that there won´t be a summer episode. We can still hope, though, especially as a director at Threshold Animation Studios spoke of a one-hour special for this year, and we are still missing 20 minutes for that.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Though what exactly is the Doom Box? Anyone got any ideas.

I believe it is a box that Thornraxx, Voltix, Core hunter, and XT4 know the location of, and when put together, it will grow to the size of the universe. Or at least that's what I've heard. Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I hope we get another episode, if only to give Bulk, Breez and Nex some screentime. Though I'm not sure if it's worth another episode just for three heroes.Though what exactly is the Doom Box? Anyone got any ideas.

Personally I would be happy to see an episode with only three Heros and without Furno or Stormer. :PI imagine it as some kind of huge cubic building stuffed with traps where people go in seeking some kind of powerful artifact or something. For what reason would the Heros go in there, though?-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Yeah, that was a good plus I was thinking of, Gata. That and no annoying Surge voice. :PBut that makes sense. I'm seeing it as some kind of weapon the villains hope to utilise. For some reason I'm imagining it like Pandora's Box, but that's probably just my myth-filled mind running overtime again.

LzcD9OS.png

I hope we get another episode, if only to give Bulk, Breez and Nex some screentime. Though I'm not sure if it's worth another episode just for three heroes.Though what exactly is the Doom Box? Anyone got any ideas.

Personally I would be happy to see an episode with only three Heros and without Furno or Stormer. :PI imagine it as some kind of huge cubic building stuffed with traps where people go in seeking some kind of powerful artifact or something. For what reason would the Heros go in there, though?-Gata signoff.jpg
Well, that probably would be a nice improvement in the storyline.