Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

The doom box (according to the plot summary for a young reader's book) is a device that can grow, trap stuff inside it, then shrink rapidly and crush its occupants. It can potentially grow the size of the universe. No idea why the villains would want that to happen, though...

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The doom box (according to the plot summary for a young reader's book) is a device that can grow, trap stuff inside it, then shrink rapidly and crush its occupants. It can potentially grow the size of the universe. No idea why the villains would want that to happen, though...

Because LEGO villains like releasing powerful things that devour and destroy anything in their way without realizing that they will be destroyed as well. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

...Gonna be honest, that sounds a little dark for Hero Factory. Sounds like the kind of thing I'd expect the Master to use in Doctor Who. :P

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Because LEGO villains like releasing powerful things that devour and destroy anything in their way without realizing that they will be destroyed as well. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
Going to have to call in the ninjas for this one!So, I saw the episode. I really wish Lego would have released Arachnix Drones in polybags as exclusives or something. I'd love to have a whole army of them. Also am tempted to paint mine red and maybe attach a tail to it (I thought the tail was adorable)Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Going to have to call in the ninjas for this one!So, I saw the episode. I really wish Lego would have released Arachnix Drones in polybags as exclusives or something. I'd love to have a whole army of them. Also am tempted to paint mine red and maybe attach a tail to it (I thought the tail was adorable)Kalhiki
You know that when there is more than one ninja it´s not ninjas, but still ninja? :PI had a similar idea about the Arachnix drones. They should have released some kind of Arachnix booster pack with ten Arachnix drones at once. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

You know that when there is more than one ninja it´s not ninjas, but still ninja? :PI had a similar idea about the Arachnix drones. They should have released some kind of Arachnix booster pack with ten Arachnix drones at once. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
What do you mean when? There's always more than one ninja. You just can't see them. There's five in your room, right now.But I think Lego could have released some more Arachnix drones in the same manner as the Kanohi packs. We could have got multiple colours. Three in a pack, and all collectable.

LzcD9OS.png

now that Breakout has aired officially, does anyone think we'll get an episode of "The Doom Box"?

We certainly will. There has never been a year, where they haven't put an epiosde for both halfs pf the year! Although i'm still wondering where Nex is going to be sent.
He's going to be set after XT-4.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

now that Breakout has aired officially, does anyone think we'll get an episode of "The Doom Box"?

We certainly will. There has never been a year, where they haven't put an epiosde for both halfs pf the year! Although i'm still wondering where Nex is going to be sent.
However, you need to consider that this time, the story extends through two waves of sets and not just one, so it´s indeed possible that there won´t be a summer episode. We can still hope, though, especially as a director at Threshold Animation Studios spoke of a one-hour special for this year, and we are still missing 20 minutes for that.-Gata signoff.jpg
When they say "one hour special", that's including commercials. No way they're going solely based on screen time.Regardless, I do hope that some of the other sets get featured as well. Seems a shame to have half the team be totally absent.

However, you need to consider that this time, the story extends through two waves of sets and not just one, so it´s indeed possible that there won´t be a summer episode. We can still hope, though, especially as a director at Threshold Animation Studios spoke of a one-hour special for this year, and we are still missing 20 minutes for that.-Gata signoff.jpg
When they say "one hour special", that's including commercials. No way they're going solely based on screen time.Regardless, I do hope that some of the other sets get featured as well. Seems a shame to have half the team be totally absent.
Unfortunately, you may be right. I´ve checked Howard E. Baker´s profile again and there is no mention of a summer episode whatsoever. :(-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

...Gonna be honest, that sounds a little dark for Hero Factory. Sounds like the kind of thing I'd expect the Master to use in Doctor Who. :P
It's not too dark, as it's not like anybody will actually be crushed or anything, though... Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

It's not too dark, as it's not like anybody will actually be crushed or anything, though...
Yeah, unfortunately. But the idea alone is certainly something.

LzcD9OS.png

It's not too dark, as it's not like anybody will actually be crushed or anything, though...
Sad, really. I really wanted to see someone get crushed.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

They sometimes seem to make villian plans very dark, so it removes the moral abiguity of them being maybe/maybenot evil. Destroying the entire universe= unquestionably evil. Makes it easy to make stock enemies I guess?

They sometimes seem to make villian plans very dark, so it removes the moral abiguity of them being maybe/maybenot evil. Destroying the entire universe= unquestionably evil. Makes it easy to make stock enemies I guess?
I'm just thinking of if it got used on an individual person. That's gotta be giving some claustrophobic's nightmares, hasn't it? :P

LzcD9OS.png

Has anyone attended the "build your own hero or villain" event in LEGO stores yet? My store had Breez parts (shoulder armor, torso prints and helmet) which I quickly stocked up on.

Are you older than 14? Most of us haven't gone due to the age limit.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

HEY GUYSI was just popping in to say that, like, I'm going to replace Rocka and Bulk's(which are the only larger Heroes I'm getting this year, btw) ridiculously long lower legs with the slightly shorter ones because I tested it and WOW SO MUCH BETTER.BUT there seems to be a problem. In this picture with Bulk and Core Hunter it's kind of hard to tell, but in this one with Voltix and Stringer it's easier. Basically, both the villains and Bulk all use the same lower leg design, which are the aforementioned long lower legs with a 5 shell and the snazzy new Captain America boot armor stuff. ANYWAY, the CAKA(Captain America Knee Armor) has a small overhang off the bottom of the 5 shells, and I was wondering if that would effect posability when the legs are shortened.i know probably no one has the answer to my question but blah whatever i thought i'd ask anyway

overlordsukapon.png

HEY GUYSI was just popping in to say that, like, I'm going to replace Rocka and Bulk's(which are the only larger Heroes I'm getting this year, btw) ridiculously long lower legs with the slightly shorter ones because I tested it and WOW SO MUCH BETTER.BUT there seems to be a problem. In this picture with Bulk and Core Hunter it's kind of hard to tell, but in this one with Voltix and Stringer it's easier. Basically, both the villains and Bulk all use the same lower leg design, which are the aforementioned long lower legs with a 5 shell and the snazzy new Captain America boot armor stuff. ANYWAY, the CAKA(Captain America Knee Armor) has a small overhang off the bottom of the 5 shells, and I was wondering if that would effect posability when the legs are shortened.i know probably no one has the answer to my question but blah whatever i thought i'd ask anyway

I hear ya, brother. I've built several of them on LEGO Digital Designer, and I feel their appearances are much improved if the mid-size heroes' legs are made one or two modules shorter. Posability could potentially be impeded on those newer sets, but I'm not sure it would be enough to make a huge difference given the design of the 2.0 Hero foot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guysfinalized art of some summer sets for youStringer2Voltix2Nex2XT42Bulk2no Core Hunter or SXL or SD, unfortunatelyalso while Voltix is still my favorite set, XT4 has my favorite bag artcredit goes to Mesonak on another forum for finding these :)

Lol, thanks for picking up my slack; completely forgot to even post these here. My bad. XDThe artwork in general looks nice, though XT4's packaging looks a bit odd (then again, so does the set :P)Looking forward to these guys; only a matter of time...-Mesonak-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Nex looks dreadful. They went too far in trying to replicate his 2.0 helmet, his left weapon looks positive useless, it's obvious he has no orange hands, and the white armour pieces on his legs would look better farther up. I will be changing him significantly.Bulk looks better than before, but I'm still disappointed he's almost not silver at all.-ibrow

Those pictures look really good. Why are the bags orange, though. As for the bag art, I would have to say XT4 is the best.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

It seems like Nex doesn't have hand pieces on both arms. I mean, I like his build but his head is quite ugly. I really like the new colors on Stringer since they fit together well. I also like the armor pieces on Bulk but the missile launcher on the shoulder looks pretty awkward.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Nex looks dreadful. They went too far in trying to replicate his 2.0 helmet, his left weapon looks positive useless, it's obvious he has no orange hands, and the white armour pieces on his legs would look better farther up. I will be changing him significantly.Bulk looks better than before, but I'm still disappointed he's almost not silver at all.-ibrow

Personally, I love Nex's new helmet and his weapon. It looks like it would be great for doing precision work, which seems the sort of thing that "The Tech-Head" would be doing more than heavy fighting anyway. The lack of orange hands is a bit sad but I think it's ridiculous to judge his appearance based on what parts he comes with. I also think his color scheme is well-balanced, even if I might have preferred an orange torso shell to keep the color pattern from the first Breakout wave going.Bulk disappoints me more than Nex does-- the way his missile launcher is attached seems extremely awkward, using Technic pieces where a Hero Factory bone and an attachment piece like Drilldozer's or Waspix's would have likely been just as cost effective and far more attractive. His feet, just as they were at Toy Fair, are black, which doesn't make much sense since Titanium Metallic is a much bigger part of his color scheme, and the feet are available in that color as of this year. Voltix has the same foot problem, incidentally.The one place where Bulk is most successful is in terms of personality. The missile launcher and bulky shoulder/head casing really suit him.

Those pictures look really good. Why are the bags orange, though. As for the bag art, I would have to say XT4 is the best.

I´d say they are gold, which is great. ^_^

It seems like Nex doesn't have hand pieces on both arms. I mean, I like his build but his head is quite ugly. I really like the new colors on Stringer since they fit together well. I also like the armor pieces on Bulk but the missile launcher on the shoulder looks pretty awkward.

Actually, I´m pretty sure he has a black hand on the left arm with the launcher. What strikes me about Nex is his heavy use on system pieces.Somehow I always thought Voltix had gunmetal feet. That´s strange.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

...have Breez and Thornrax(?)been released yet? BEcause i want the Thronrax dude.

Only out side the US. They got pushed back to the Summer State side.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Back to the current wave, have Breez and Thornrax(?)been released yet? BEcause i want the Thronrax dude.

You can get them from eBay. They cost about twice as much, however.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I really like the purple parts on his bike but his extra arms look weird. Stormer looks terrible. His legs are too thin and the chest area looks bad. I like Core Hunter's left arm and his head piece looks really cool.

Edited by Veigar's Shadow

pWPTu7m.jpg

FINALLY, a close up, clear shot of Core Hunter's helmet. I'm like how it looks sort of like night vision goggles, with the six lenses and the straps on top of his head, along with the mouthpiece. Even though Core Hunter is a pretty generic build, I still think he looks really cool.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Stormer looks terrible. How does it even stand? SD looks pretty cool, though.

Stormer is able to stand because every joint in his legs is reinforced with this piece.I've actually become quite fond of Stormer XL. It's true, his legs slook slightly spindly compared to his bulky torso. But his proportions overall seem to be a lot better than most of the Black Phantom-style builds, and in fact almost better than the medium-sized Hero sets.Just for reference, I built Stormer XL on LDD (or at least, as well as I could without certain essential parts or building instructions to see his interior details). Here's an image. Despite his knees and ankles looking a bit bony, he has quite good proportions. My only worry is that when not standing straight up with his arms at his sides, his arms may look too short, since the shoulder joints are so low. This would be ameliorated by better shoulder articulation. As it is, his shoulders can move forward and backward or twist slightly, a step up from the typical Hero Factory figure, but they cannot move up or down the way human shoulders do when you raise them, and they start from a lower angle than a pre-fabricated torso bone which has them at a right angle to the spine.

Dear LORD. Those sets look incredibly awful. Stormer looks ridiculously top-heavy, and Core Hunter's headpiece is just plain ugly.

Really? Personally, I love Core Hunter´s headpiece. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png