Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

Looking at this picture of Rocka, it looks like they redesigned the Thornax launcher piece. It used to have both a plus and a round hole, but now it only has the plus hole.

You know, I was wondering about that. I had noticed a different design on some of the high res pics, but I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was; I didn't really pay attention to it there, but you're right, they eliminated the pin slot and left only an axle slot. I like that, personally, it's a lot more streamlined and easier to use. They barely used the pin hole as it was, anyway.

Question because I haven't done anything related to Lego properly in months but, what are those things on the Chains?

They're supposed to represent handcuffs, if that is what I think you're talking about.

Question because I haven't done anything related to Lego properly in months but, what are those things on the Chains?

They're supposed to represent handcuffs, if that is what I think you're talking about.
Huh... I thought they looked like Handcuffs. Kind of obvious if you think about it really.That has actually given me a pretty good idea of what to use them for.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Just because the most vocal people in the community hated Fire Lord doesn't mean everyone did, as Dorek said. I for one loved Fire Lord; the basic design worked, and the only issues I had with him were awkward shoulder support and the lack of armor on the upper legs (which has been fixed in Black Phantom and Rocka XL respectively).With Black Phantom, the three things you listed (weapons, armor, and color scheme) make up a great deal of the set. And I like all three. So right off the bat he's a good set. As far as the build goes, which makes up the other part of the set, I'll be honest, I love it. I think there's always room for improvement (like covering the gaps in between the two leg bones, which they ironically did in Black Phantom with a t-shaped technic beam), but I'm perfectly fine with a perfected version of the Fire Lord build, with cool armor, weapons, and some nifty recolors.But that's just me.Really, there are only three things that I can find wrong with Black Phantom, in my opinion.1. The fact that the horns are a different color of red than the other red pieces on his body (mata to metru).2. The feet. Still bad.3. The fact that, judging by the latest cgi picture, his torso armor does not actually cover all of his torso, leaving the upper part exposed.The rest, IMO, is perfectly fine. Not Witch Doctor caliber or anything, but it's understandable, considering he's only $20. Not going to lie though, after Witch Doctor, I did expect something a little better. But who knows, maybe summer will bring that?-Mesonak

Actually, the horn pieces used for Black Phantom (if they're the same ones as on the 3.0 villain sets) aren't Mata Red or Metru Red. They're actually transparent red, although with their rubber material and rough texture they're more translucent than transparent and do indeed resemble Mata Red more than Metru Red.
I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to; putting all official names and textures aside, the horns indeed resemble Mata Red over Metru red, or just red and dark red as I like to call them.

Huh... I thought they looked like Handcuffs. Kind of obvious if you think about it really.
Especially since the line's name is "Breakout: Catch 'Em and Cuff 'Em". :D

bzp_banner.jpg

Huh... I thought they looked like Handcuffs. Kind of obvious if you think about it really.
Especially since the line's name is "Breakout: Catch 'Em and Cuff 'Em". :biggrin:
It is? Either I'm ignorant or that was a recent thing.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Especially since the line's name is "Breakout: Catch 'Em and Cuff 'Em". :biggrin:
It is? Either I'm ignorant or that was a recent thing.
Erm... We knew that since September. ;)

bzp_banner.jpg

Technically we're not supposed to know at all; that info came from a leaked image, but it's pretty widespread knowledge, so there's no getting around it. I love the cuff pieces, though they appear to be gunmetal, so the chain links from BIONICLE won't mesh colorwise, but it's good to see them back.

Technically we're not supposed to know at all; that info came from a leaked image, but it's pretty widespread knowledge, so there's no getting around it. I love the cuff pieces, though they appear to be gunmetal, so the chain links from BIONICLE won't mesh colorwise, but it's good to see them back.

To be fair, "Catch 'Em and Cuff 'Em" is the name of an upcoming Hero Factory book, so that slogan isn't exactly under wraps. :P

Personally, I like Surge's lime green, but it is a bit overpowering in his final 2012 design (at least from the pics we've seen). But what bothers me more than that is that the lightning bolts on his torso are yellow, which doesn't make as much sense if lime green is meant to be his secondary color. Why not color them lime green for the sake of consistency?

Personally, I like Surge's lime green, but it is a bit overpowering in his final 2012 design (at least from the pics we've seen). But what bothers me more than that is that the lightning bolts on his torso are yellow, which doesn't make as much sense if lime green is meant to be his secondary color. Why not color them lime green for the sake of consistency?

Because lightning is yellow, duh. Learn science, Aanch.I'd be okay with the design being yellow if the weapon retained its original coloring (not that I'm not ecstatic to have it be a recolor, like Furno's blades), but since it doesn't, it is a bit weird, yes.

I wonder if Hero Recon will get updated with the 2012 pieces... :huh:

More than that, I'm hoping that they change it to accommodate the new skeleton structure as well. However, since we also have smaller Heroes, I can see them not doing that. I'm just wondering what they'll do about the heads and armor plates. 1.0 Helmets would be sooooo tight.Also apparently there is a new Iron Man head color. So. Wintastic.

Not precisely sure what color, although I'm pretty sure that one is it (Black Phantom has it too; you can see the difference in his face and the 3m armor shell colors), it was just revealed that we do get a new color. Something like trans-red would have been cooler, but still.

Also apparently there is a new Iron Man head color. So. Wintastic.

Really? Who has it/what color?
Rocka appears to have an 'Atlantis trans green' head as opposed to the old neon lime ones.
Rocka has the 2.0 hero head.EDIT: Black Phantom has a recolored iron man head, though! Awesome! Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Rocka appears to have an 'Atlantis trans green' head as opposed to the old neon lime ones.
Rocka has the 2.0 hero head.EDIT: Black Phantom has a recolored iron man head, though! Awesome!
I seriously doubt Rocka has the 2.0 hero head; I can't imagine LEGO using the Glatorian head for every hero except one.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Rocka has the 2.0 hero head.EDIT: Black Phantom has a recolored iron man head, though! Awesome!
He most certainly does not

doom4revalt.png

Some of them look good I may pick some up. I really like the shark guy.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Looks like every one is going on a solo mission.LEGO-Hero-Factory-6200-EVO.jpg

You are their rock.

... I think Rocka has bitten off more than he can chew. XpSo, we get another jungle with Evo going after Toxic Reapa, Furno underwater with Jaws, and Breez and Thornaxx in... a hive, I guess. I get the feeling Rocka and BP are in the Assembly Tower itself. Now, that just leaves Surge and Two-Face Splitface, and for the life of me, I can't figure out where they are. An asteroid field?

Edited by Evex is back baby YEAH
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

I'm thinking Surge and Two Face are on a space station of some kind or maybe just in space.

You are their rock.

Looks like every one is going on a solo mission.[pics removed for bandwith purposes]

Just saying, no double posting (And try not filling up the page with several pics at once) ;)Also @PowerMiner: It seems he's in space to me Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

Eh. Simply Eh.This coming year's spring sets are highly dissapointing. Lego is taking a step down and complextity. After building witch doctor, I had high hopes for lego's future. And then they start to go back to 1.0.I understand that lego wants a younger generation of builders more than us, but that's no excuse to make a good set once in a while for more... adpet builders. (Witch Doctor for example) the new building style was fresh and exciting, and it could be used in such amazing and complex ways. But lego does not want to.All in all, this spring is going to be sub par. I'll be picking up Thornraxx and Reaper (I refuse to call him Reapa) just for moc parts. Maybe Rocka for gold.

pNNgXax.jpg

Eh. Simply Eh.This coming year's spring sets are highly dissapointing. Lego is taking a step down and complextity. After building witch doctor, I had high hopes for lego's future. And then they start to go back to 1.0.I understand that lego wants a younger generation of builders more than us, but that's no excuse to make a good set once in a while for more... adpet builders. (Witch Doctor for example) the new building style was fresh and exciting, and it could be used in such amazing and complex ways. But lego does not want to.All in all, this spring is going to be sub par. I'll be picking up Thornraxx and Reaper (I refuse to call him Reapa) just for moc parts. Maybe Rocka for gold.

I don't really see what you mean. There's a large variety of parts that are new, and the builders have even introduced new sizes of the good guys! I mean before they were all clones of each other, just differing in colors, but now some sets are bigger and better than other. The only step down I would see are the 3 rookies heads which went back.

doom4revalt.png

But what's with that grey arch at the top of each picture?

Rule of cool # 175 it looks neat.

You are their rock.

If you look at the winter wave for any year, including Bionicle's, it was always weaker in comparison to the summer wave. I believe we'll be getting larger titans and maybe vehicles for summer 2012.It's the third wave with the new building system, but I think TLG is still creating neat designs. I can't wait to see how Reapa, Jawblade, and Thornraxx are constructed.

If you look at the winter wave for any year, including Bionicle's, it was always weaker in comparison to the summer wave. I believe we'll be getting larger titans and maybe vehicles for summer 2012.

Well naturally the "older" sets aren't going to be as interesting as the latest ones by comparison.It varies year to year, but you could probably say the same thing about the winter wave and the previous year's summer wave.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'd be interested to see how LEGO would integrate the new system into a vehicle. It seems like forever since we've had a vehicle. The question is, who would use it, and why?

Well, My guess is that it probably would be something like the Furno Bike (except using the new system, which would be an interesting build), used by the Heroes to "bring extra firepower into the fight between good and evil" or whatever LEGO would say.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

I'd be interested to see how LEGO would integrate the new system into a vehicle. It seems like forever since we've had a vehicle. The question is, who would use it, and why?

I think it's possible; Witch Doctor's legs are mostly built with new joints and are very solid. I guess the hardest part would be keeping the vehicle from "moving" in certain places.I think any hero could use a vehicle. Now that they're given solo missions, they might become necessary.

I'm sure Lego could think of some way to make a vehicle. A mech would be pretty cool, too and probably be easier to make with the building system. Something like an Exo-Toa would be neat or some kind of walker.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)