• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Takanuva and Jaller

takua takanuva jaller toa sketch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline IDrinkProtodermis

IDrinkProtodermis
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 3 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

#2 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,900 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 02:03 PM

BFFs <3! That looks pretty nice, but Takanuva looks too thin and the details are sort of messy. Is this your first Bionicle drawing?

#3 Offline Kingslayer

Kingslayer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 03:36 PM

These guys are BFFs XD

Anyway, its not too bad. It could use some work on the Torso and Jaller looks a little bit like a fat alien XD

Good work though.

#4 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,693 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 04:14 PM

Jaller's face... :lol:

Overall I agree with TK7 and CC. Takanuva is now the Toa of Light (Calorie Food), considering the diet he appears to be on. And Jaller, while a little more proportionate, just... his face...

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#5 Offline IDrinkProtodermis

IDrinkProtodermis
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 3 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 12:35 AM

The size difference between the two was intentional.  I wanted to convey that Jaller was playing sort of a protector role.  I definitely feel like Jaller has always been sort of a guardian to Takua, even though Takua became a Toa first; now that they're both Toa, they see themselves as equals but Jaller is still a more assertive character while Takanuva is more mild and reserved. 

I've been drawing Bionicle for a while but this is my first time in ages and also my first time in this style.  I've usually done more of a detailed style with anthropomorphized elements but this is an experiment in a more simple, organic, humanlike style.

#6 Offline Kingslayer

Kingslayer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 12:16 PM

The size difference between the two was intentional.  I wanted to convey that Jaller was playing sort of a protector role.  I definitely feel like Jaller has always been sort of a guardian to Takua, even though Takua became a Toa first; now that they're both Toa, they see themselves as equals but Jaller is still a more assertive character while Takanuva is more mild and reserved. 

I've been drawing Bionicle for a while but this is my first time in ages and also my first time in this style.  I've usually done more of a detailed style with anthropomorphized elements but this is an experiment in a more simple, organic, humanlike style.

Oh. You dont need to talk to me about drawing Bionicles in strange ways. Just look at my Av XD

#7 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 04:43 PM

Don't laugh, come on man, don't laugh! Too late! I couldn't resist, it's just, Chro's comment is golden! Anywho, the design looks pretty good, and I understand what you're going through. I am BORN a horrible drawer. But CC brought up a good point. You don't have to be good at drawing to post.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users