Hey there guys, this is going to be my first topic and I'll be showing of a Toa Ignika Revamp I made. It isn't the best revamp out there but i like the way it turned out :)

1365037643m_SPLASH.jpg

Here's a link to my MOCPages gallery (sorry if the gallery isn't public yet): http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/357979

Anyways I built this moc because I felt that the official set looked like a regular Toa compared to the 2008 Phantoka and Mistika Toa Nuva. I wanted Toa Ignika, a character that wore the Kanohi Ignika, to stand out as a powerful Toa. I will eventually fix some things on the revamp and once I do, ill post about it right here. Anyways feedback and criticism would be much appreciated! Thanks :D

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! :D

Nice model, although the only really bad thing is that the shoulders look to be a bit too bulky maybe tone that down and then it would be even better. Also maybe try making the hands with fingers?

Ill try to bulk down the shoulders somehow when I update the moc and ill try to consider fingers altho I am running low on pieces, so I might have to order some of Bricklink. Thanks for your suggestions tho! :D

Nice revamp. I especially like the feet and legs. Though I agree with Tahmira, the shoulders look a little too bulky and the blades on the back look outo of place. Still good though.

I like the design of the legs aswell, thanks :) And yes I'll try to tone down the shoulders and yeah I kinda noticed that in the pictures, I'll defiantly fix that for when I update him. Thanks for your feeback :D

The overall appeearance looks great. The only things I have to say are"

1. The spikes on the back look a little wierd.

2. The feet look too much like Keetongu's.

Thanks for your thoughts! Ill fix those spikes so dont worry! :P

About the Keetongu feet, I was running low on pieces so I had to destroy my Keetongu resulting in me using his foot design. Since I dont have that many pieces, Ill try my hardest to make it look completely different.

Not bad, you've managed to do the Keetorange/Silver/Black colour scheme very nicely. The arms look sweet, but the torso and legs don't seem to flow all that well. In particular the front of the torso looks a little flat and boxy.

Thanks! Since this was my very first revamp of a toa sized set into a titan sized set, I kinda wanted to make the color scheme flow throughout the revamp. I think I manged to do that nicely too :) Ill also try to fix the torso and make it seem less flat, for the leg tho I cant really do much since im sorta out of pieces, but ill try ordering some new pieces to work on it, thanks for your feedback too! :D

Is it just me, or is that blade a bit small for a Toa of his size?

Aside from that and the point mentioned by the previous posters about the rather bulky shoulders, this is a pretty nice MOC. Extra points for using the grey pins with the silver, instead of their more common black variants =)

iquXD5X.png

Mmmm, it seems to me that Ignika being Toa-sized was intentional. I wasn't thrilled about the generic design, but the size was perfectly okay with me. And I got a sweet Skyboard in the same box, so all is forgiven!The back spikes look out of place, as do the Keetongu-style feet. It makes the finished design seem... less streamlined. The Keetorange pieces near the shoulders should probably be turned forty-five degrees inward and filled in with some other armor, as they interfere with a streamlined feel aligned like that. The limbs (especially the upper legs and lower arms) might also need a bit more armor to better cover the Technic components.Other than those, though, it looks nice. I like the neck design, and the upper arms are rather nice as well.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

idk guys I like the keet feet

I'm also a big fan of Visorak feet as armour. The arms look fantastic. The Throwrider feet [the thing that was Muaka's nose, and on Keetongu's shins] look too slapped on. Not very streamlined or anything. Try and replace maybe?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Is it just me, or is that blade a bit small for a Toa of his size?

Aside from that and the point mentioned by the previous posters about the rather bulky shoulders, this is a pretty nice MOC. Extra points for using the grey pins with the silver, instead of their more common black variants =)

Lol thanks! :D I'll try to fix the weapon as well :)

Mmmm, it seems to me that Ignika being Toa-sized was intentional. I wasn't thrilled about the generic design, but the size was perfectly okay with me. And I got a sweet Skyboard in the same box, so all is forgiven!The back spikes look out of place, as do the Keetongu-style feet. It makes the finished design seem... less streamlined. The Keetorange pieces near the shoulders should probably be turned forty-five degrees inward and filled in with some other armor, as they interfere with a streamlined feel aligned like that. The limbs (especially the upper legs and lower arms) might also need a bit more armor to better cover the Technic components.Other than those, though, it looks nice. I like the neck design, and the upper arms are rather nice as well.

Lol I understand it was supposed to be a Toa-sized set, but come on he wore the Mask of Life!! :P

Anyways yup ill fix the spikes and the Keetongu pieces near the shoulders cant really move or else the entire torso falls apart but ill try to see what I can do, thanks! :)

idk guys I like the keet feet

I'm also a big fan of Visorak feet as armour. The arms look fantastic. The Throwrider feet [the thing that was Muaka's nose, and on Keetongu's shins] look too slapped on. Not very streamlined or anything. Try and replace maybe?

Thanks for your feedback! Ill try to see what I can do to improve and yup I agree with you on the slapping on that armor :)

I've taken apart Keetongu many a time. He's a pain to rebuild, I've taken him apart for the last time, and I'm going to rebuild him and keep him that way. If I need parts from him, I'll just buy them off of bricklink or something.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

• 3 weeks later...

I've taken apart Keetongu many a time. He's a pain to rebuild, I've taken him apart for the last time, and I'm going to rebuild him and keep him that way. If I need parts from him, I'll just buy them off of bricklink or something.

I just recently bought a second Keetongu and destroyed it for more pieces! lol