I was recently looking through the BS01 Kanohi page and noticed down near the bottom was a link to Other Kanohi, masks that were only shown in the comics that now have powers thanks to mainly Expanded Multiverse, and then canonized by Greg Farshey. But, just above that link on the Kanohi page, there are six pictures of Kanohi shown in the comics that don't have any powers yet. So, I got out my trusty pencils and Sharpie, and threw together some ideas of how those masks might look so we can get a better idea of powers we would like them to have. After we've got a good amount of suggestions, hopefully someone can put these into a poll, and the winners (hopefully, again) will be brought up to Greg by Erebus to be canonized (and probably the second and third choices just to make sure )
Note that I didn't really have sufficient detail to really make anything for these two images, so I just skipped them. If anyone really wants to give it a try (or really wants me to do it), we can try it out.
Also note that these masks are by no means the only interpretation of those limited images. Feel free to try your own versions.
So, onto the masks. Since none of them have powers or names yet, I'm just going to call them "Masks A-E," in order of appearance on BS01.
I really don't like how D turned out, but there was barely enough detail anyways to make a full mask, so I gave it my best shot. I'm still pretty sure that mask and the Mask of Biomechanics are Skakdi heads, and the Matoran shown in the same comic panel are probably slaves or something, but they're still listed as Masks on BS01, so I'll just go wth it.
So, now for my power suggestions. I'll also keep a record of ther suggestions here:
Mask of Facial Hair: (anyone else think it looks like it has a moustache and goatee?)
- Mask of Softening: This power enables a user to modify the flexibility, elasticity, and hardness of a material for a limited amount of time. Example usages are softening the hard ground you are falling onto to make it safe, or changing an iron bar into a heavy whip. Inspired by curved lines everywhere and soft appearance of mask.
- Mask of Dampening: Dampens extreme light, sound, and energy bursts on contact with user. Inspired by "earmuff"-like circles on the sides.
Mask of Heat Vision: Allows user to fire beams of heat from the eyepieces of the mask. Inspired by "superhero" look and thin bars, as well as the Rahkshi power.Immoral.
- Mask of Lightning: Gives user a small control over Lightning. Suggested by Meta-Mind
- Mask of Currents: Allows user to manipulate direction and speed of nearby currents of gas, liquids, energy, etc. Inspired by flowing shape of mask, Neptune crown over eyes, water drop-like mouth, and blue coloring.
- Mask of Acceleration: Allows user to increase the speed of a moving object. Inspired by windswept look and "Need for Speed" crazed grin.
- Mask of Deception: Allows user to project an illusion that feels, smells, acts, etc. exactly like the real thing as long as a subject believes in it and the user remains focused. Suggested by Omega 12 and Click
- Mask of Deception Alternate: Makes the user more believable. Suggested by Omega12 and Click
- Mask of Nullification: Lessens force of impact on a user's body. Example usages include jumping from higher places with little injury, punching hard enough to shatter your hand, and dampening collisions. Inspired by helmet-like look.
- Mask of ___________: Allows user to temporarily (as in like five minutes) use elemental abilities of other elements that they have witnessed. Recharges for a day or so before it can be used again. Inspired by Airbender arrow on top.
- Mask of Afterlife: Borrows energy from the user until they die, and then they live in a Spirit-like form (similar to the Iden) for an equal amount of time. Suggested by Toa Nidhiki05
- Mask of Vacuum Breathing: Self-explanatory. Suggested by Omega12
- Mask of Gas Breathing: Self-explanatory, Suggested by Omega12 and Takua Dragonstar7
- Mask of Time Jump?: Allows a user to jump ahead a few seconds, remaining in the same place to avoid attacks or wait times. May conflict with EM mask. Suggested by Lokisyn
Please let me know if I messed up any links or made typos. I think my keyboard's dying.
So, what do you think? Any other ideas?
Edited by Click, Apr 04 2013 - 04:45 PM.