The Movie You Saw Last

I watched these a couple of hours ago and...wow..

(They count as movies don't worry)

What I can pretty much say is that they beat the new-ish CGI show by far. It makes the experience far better because of these key points.

• Battle Droids don't sound idiotic and keep dialogue to a minimal
  • Clone Troopers communicate through hand signals and sometimes, but rarely, talking. Making them seem much more professional.
  • Anakin Skywalker is much, much less of a whiny, annoying teenager and actually seems to be more mature than his movie counterpart.
  • Obi-Wan in Clone armor.
  • General Greivous cough explanation.
  • Fantastic large scale battles.
  • Great art style.
  • Interesting lightsaber duels, which incorporate a lot of detail.

There are many other ways that make this cartoon a classic. But I don't want to be typing this all day :P

Anyways I recommend that any Star Wars fanatic watches this right away. 9/10. 1 point lost to all of the Jedi and Clones that die.

I love that series. The most glaring the flaw it has, though, is how overpowered the Jedi are. Especially Mace Windu fighting the B2s on Dantooine.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Finally watched The Wolverine. Kinda have mixed feelings on it, but I wouldn't say it was bad--maybe not good either, though. =P But it was entertaining.

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

The LEGO Movie.

I almost cried when Unikitty saw the remains of Cloud Cuckoo Land. Also, as a perfectionist/completionist builder myself, I questioned myself heavily after the film.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Finally saw Evil Dead (2013).

Was fun, maybe even groovy. I prefer the original trilogy vastly (mainly in the sense that the first two had real scares instead of just gore and jumpscares), but it really did try to keep with the spirit of The Evil Dead (and usually Evil Dead 2 when it didn't) and never completely aped the original. I also loved how there was very little CGI- all that gore was good ol' cherry Kool-Aid and practical effects.

Post credits scene was a bit too blatantly fanservice, but whatevs.

hElbrZ6.gif

Last movie I saw was Pacific Rim. It was pretty cool. That's about it, though. Most people I've seen talk about the movie describe it as being a great-to-amazing movie, and I don't really get that. The giant robot fighting scenes are definitely fantastic, but just about everything else in the movie is just average. That would be okay if the fighting scenes took up the majority of the film, but most of it is exposition and unremarkable characterization. The robot fighting elevates the movie from mediocrity, but not so high as to warrant high praise. At least, in my opinion. It was still pretty fun.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I saw the Lego Movie last Friday and...

This is how I felt at a spoilerific point in the story.
Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi

It was just as amazonk as I remember :D

Too bad Boba Fett "dies" in the first 10 minutes.

The Incredibles

Despite being a fan of Pixar's movies since, well, ever, I never actually watched this one. Until yesterday. And while it's a little late to say "Pixar does it again"... well, Pixar did it again. As someone who has a general dislike of superhero movies in general, I really appreciate their approach in making the primary conflict that of within the family. I've long held the philosophy that familial relationships are the most important in my life, and despite the fact that these characters have powers that I don't, their story is told in a way that is very relatable and allows for that emotional connection to be made. This is far more than any comic book adaption has been able to accomplish. Add to the fact that the story embraces spy movie tropes instead of super hero ones, and what we have here is a really unique movie.

Easily one of PIxar's best. But then again I say that about pretty much all of them.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Shogun Assassin (1980)

This is now one of my favorite feudal Japan films ever.

I watched Fight Club for the first time a few days ago... man, I wish I'd watched it so long ago. I've tried to several times but stuff always came up last minute (it did this time to but on this occasion I had managed to start the movie, so I was like "nope later"). That was fantastic.

I think I should go read the book.

Before Sunrise - A guy meets a girl on a train in Europe. Intrigued by eachother's personalities they agree to get off in Vienna. Shenanigans don't ensue, but conversations do. Conversations about love, relationships, religion, and almost anything else young people like to talk about. This movie is, literally, about nothing but people talking. And yet... it's so fascinating. Watching these characters personalities come to life and watching their relationship develop in front of our eyes is more captivating than almost anything else I've watched. As a viewer I just felt so privileged to be able witness such intimate moments between two strangers.

There's something very... nostalgia about this movie. While that is a grammatical error, it's intentional. It can't be nostalgic for me because these events, this premise, is not something I have ever been privy to experience. And yet, much like Darius says in Safety Not Guaranteed, it's about "that time and that place." That incredibly brief moment in time when your life is full of great possibilities. And, just like in real life, the movie ends when that moment does. When reality hits and you have to continue on. It's painful and beautiful at the same time, and that is why the movie succeeds. Is it a realistic movie? I have no idea. There are people in a topic on a certain internet movie forum who claim that, yes, this stuff does happen. And thanks to great acting and a wonderful script, I can easily accept that. While this movie does stand on its own, I greatly look forward to the two sequels. If they're anything like this one (and all indications suggest they are better), this will be a trilogy to remember.

American Hustle - Spoilers... maybe? I think? In the last two sentence?

Admittedly I have no opinion, positive or negative, about any of the actors, directors, or writers of this movie. I heard it was good and I watched it. And it was decent. I do think the writers relied way too heavily on narrated exposition (oh how Kraagh's opinions have rubbed off on me!), and that is one of the reasons why I think the movie may have played too slowly for some. My sister claims it was one of the most boring movies she's ever seen, and I can easily see why some would have that opinion. It doesn't have the rapid fire pace of Russel's Silver Linings Playbook, nor does it have the grit of the old movies it was paying homage to. But it does stand on its own as a good caper/heist movie, even if the ending is seen from a mile away (I don't even know if it can accurately be called a plot twist because of this). So if you don't mind being spoon-fed exposition it's a pretty decent watch.

Frozen - I stand by my criticisms. But it appreciates over time, I'll give it that. And Tangled is still better.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Divergent. It sucked. What else is new.

Actually it was pretty funny how lackluster it was. I saw it with my family and a friend of my sisters and we were laughing hysterically the entire drive home about the more ridiculous parts of the movie.

"I'M DIVERGENT" *needle stab*

every ten minutes SUDDENLY JEANINE

like seriously she's barely even seen in the book what is this

oh no I got kicked out of dauntless better RUN FASTER THAN THE TRAIN TO JUMP ON even though I just got the #### beaten out of me and passed out for an entire day

think I missed that part of the book

Q2TtLEz.png