sci-fi concepts

i asked this question elsewhere (i think you know where) but figured id post it here to get some different responses

have clones ever been discussed in bionicle?

to add to that, are there any other scifi concepts explored? (i.e. time travel, body swapping, mind control, etc.)

i am curious to know thanks

"I may not be smart enough to try everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything."

tumblr | deviantART | fanfiction

I don't think clones have ever been covered, but there's a lot of alternate versions of various characters who are effectively clones.

The second question is rather vague, any areas you're particularly interested in? From your examples, time travel has not happened, I guess we've had body swapping in terms of Teridax taking over the Mata-Nui robot, and the Kanohi Komau makes mind control pretty accessible.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I don't think clones have ever been covered, but there's a lot of alternate versions of various characters who are effectively clones.

The second question is rather vague, any areas you're particularly interested in? From your examples, time travel has not happened, I guess we've had body swapping in terms of Teridax taking over the Mata-Nui robot, and the Kanohi Komau makes mind control pretty accessible.

Also we have had dimention travelling which is pretty scifi-ish

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well, the whole story is pretty sci-fi, I mean, it mainly takes place in a GIANT robot and everyone in it is 85% mechanical.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

The entire story is an exploration of sci-fi concepts, but I presume you mean the much-used ones. :)

There have never been biological clones as far as I recall. Time travel, yes, technically, with Bitil's mask (but there is a rule against using it in any way that could actually change the past). The others covered the rest.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The entire story is an exploration of sci-fi concepts, but I presume you mean the much-used ones. :)

There have never been biological clones as far as I recall. Time travel, yes, technically, with Bitil's mask (but there is a rule against using it in any way that could actually change the past). The others covered the rest.

How do the physics of Bitil's mask work exactly? What rules are applied?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Well, it's a bit confusing and I don't have time to get into the crazy-technical version, but basically it grabs past versions of himself, so they help, and then when done, sends them back, forgetting what they did while in the future. The prime difficulty is if one gets killed. For more, see BS01 page (FTR):

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Mohtrek

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The logistics of the Mohtrek is rather annoying, since time travel has been said to be impossible. I would have preferred it to simply clone the user in his present form (mirroring any damage done to a clone to all the clones plus the user); or to clone a version from the user's past where any wounds mirror to all future versions (thus always the user but not necessarily every clone), but NOT have a killed clone actually affect the past. The present mask user would die, dismissing all the clones, but the past would not be changed.In short: I don't like time travel unless the story is specifically built around it, such as in Back to the Future or Chrono Trigger.

Edited by Katuko

I believe Greg has said that he wanted to avoid tropes such as space travel for fear of sending Bionicle into the realm of science fiction. As it is, Bionicle is more like techno-fantasy, though I myself have referred to it as a science fiction epic. Maybe it's both.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

There is a mask of mind controll and tren crom possest lewa so i think they have been briefly explored but they are not defining themes for bionicle

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

If time travel was possible, then the Makuta would have won instantly by going into the future or the past to re-write history. I like this focus concept, but many factors come into play with this. The person who time travels back or into the future, does he/she age. Also the actions that are caused in that time slot, are likely to occur again. Especially in the past, any action done, will be written and stored in file.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

If time travel was possible, then the Makuta would have won instantly by going into the future or the past to re-write history. I like this focus concept, but many factors come into play with this. The person who time travels back or into the future, does he/she age. Also the actions that are caused in that time slot, are likely to occur again. Especially in the past, any action done, will be written and stored in file.

I couldn't really make out some of what you said, but as for the first thing... it's possible, I think, that time travel is possible in Bionicle. The reason the BOM didn't curbstomp everyone with it is because if time travel exists, they clearly don't have access to it.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I couldn't really make out some of what you said, but as for the first thing... it's possible, I think, that time travel is possible in Bionicle. The reason the BOM didn't curbstomp everyone with it is because if time travel exists, they clearly don't have access to it.

It was pretty clear that Greg said that there was no time travel, and there was no storyline portrayal of it, aside from that "almost fringe" with Bitil's mask.