Favorite Toa Mata

GSR

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Poll created for takua123.Let us turn once again to that age-old question, and ask: of the original six Toa, which one was/is your favorite? (As a character, not as a set.)Personally, I've always been a fan of Lewa. He tended to get the short end of the stick in canon - infected masks, Krana, Tren Krom - but I always enjoyed his ability to bounce back from such troubles in the end.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

At last, a new poll! :D

Kopaka is my fave because he was the first Bionicle character I was introduced to, and he is the most like me.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Tahu for me. Pohatu was my first set but Tahu is the first character I read about (chronicles 1), and I just love the element of fire. It can do so much, and is just one raw source of energy to use. You can incinerate your enemy, or you can engulf him in flames without touching him until he passes out. Lethal or non-lethal. (Safe to say I wouldn't make a good Toa - I would kill to often)

Edited by slifer3000

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

This one was a bit tough. A few years ago I liked onua the most, no doubt, but now I'm getting sorta lewa obsessed. I also like gali, sorta because she's, I dunno, different in a way. (plus, she's so underrated) Always getting the team united, fallowing the 3 virtues. But still, my vote goes to lewa, I like his sense of humor none of the other toa usually possess that unique...trait. Except pohatu. He was close. Then kopaka, then tahu as my last.

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

Gali. :smilegalinu:

Curses, she is rated the second-lowest.

Edited by Death of the Endless

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

I say Onua. Sensible and smart, and a hunch :D But he's okay being a hunch

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno. I mean, a while ago, I would have said Onua, easily, but now that I sit back and think on it in an unbiased manner...

I do like Onua still, it's true, but I'm not sure he's my overall favourite anymore; I think I was biased previously because he was my first set ever. Recently, I've stated to like Gali a lot, possibly the most. I feel she's sadly underrated, to be honest; always doing her best to keep the other Toa together, never with much true success.

Though Kopaka is pretty cool (no pun intended) too; and I've always had a soft spot for Pohatu as he appeared in the early comics and Tales of the Masks - though I didn't like him so much in the post-Metru-Nui novels, he just never quite seemed the same to me in them. Maybe that's just the nostalgia speaking, though.

As for choosing a favourite; after some thought I'd say it's actually about equal between Gali and Kopaka, really - though my vote goes to Gali because she seems the more unappreciated of the two. Then, for the sake of having a full order, Pohatu and Onua share joint third place, I think; then Lewa, with Tahu being my personal least favourite.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...

Lewa. I really liked how his optimism was portrayed as both a strength and a weakness, helping him get through some tough situations but also making him prone to take risks. Better yet, he learned from his mistakes and became a better character over time, making him more a more relatable character overall.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Usually I always go fore the fire type. This is actually the only exception. Kopaka was always my favorite even though I hate the cold. But when I read up on Onua (the one mata I never got in set form, not even nuva :(. ) it's close but il have to go with my first instinct.

Gali. Poor Gali. So underloved. (is that a word? it is now)

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Gotta be Onua. I like that he's the most wise and stable of the Toa, but isn't as "preachy" about it as Gali. (Not that she's preachy, per se, but she draws more attention to herself than Onua.) Onua is introverted in a really cool way—he just waits around in the background while the other Toa squabble, and he's always there to rescue them when they get themselves in trouble.

I remember in the early story bible stuff, he was referred to as the oldest of the Toa, and he really does function like a big brother in a lot of ways.

• 1 month later...

I chose Pohatu. He's pretty funny, and Lewa was more annoying than amusing as far as comic relief goes. I also really like Kopaka, but Pohatu is my favorite.

:kakama:

jamagsbannermoredramaticlesstall.png

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.