• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toa Gali Nuva (Mistika)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,309 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 02:23 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]At long last, I have finally completed the Toa with which my Nuva project began: Gali.  I first conceived of the general leg design three years ago, and after years of tinkering and collecting pieces from literally around the globe, she is complete.[/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]I had planned on sculpting a custom mask, but with my limited time and numerous other projects, I chose to simply alter her original Mistika mask so that it wasn't so horrid.  So, without further adieu, I present Toa Gali Nuva in her Mistika form:[/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);] [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color] Posted Image

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);] [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color] Posted Image

[color=rgb(47,79,79);] [/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);] [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);] [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);] [/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image  [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);] [/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(47,79,79);] Posted Image[/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Click the smaller pictures for larger versions, and click here for the gallery (in which there are pictures of my WIPs that have impeded any rapid progress on a single MOC).  So, please comment, critique, and inquire! [/color]

Posted Image

Edited by Fsnorglepuff, Apr 07 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#2 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,208 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 03:23 PM

Very impressive! The heartlight seems a little high on her chest, though. The gun worked out really well. Although I have one question that has haunted me ever since I first saw some of your MOCs: How the heck did you make the hands? I've tried to figure out every possible technique you might have used, but the only thing that comes to mind is superglue.

Aside from that, this is a very good representation of Gali, and it's definitely an improvement from her actual set form. Great job!

Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#3 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,745 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 03:24 PM

All the customized parts you use... simultaneously brilliant and frustrating. :lol:

I kind of feel like it's cheating with MOCing some of the time, but you generally use them to great effect, so it's alright, I guess.

Excellent creation, as usual.

#4 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,953 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 04:51 PM

Like usual, I like your chest design. I agree with the 1st Shadow, the heart light does seem a little high. The legs are nice as well. Your MOCs never cease to amaze me.

#5 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 11:20 PM

The gun just seems odd, but other than that it's great.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#6 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,309 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2013 - 04:46 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Thanks 1st Shadow, and you're correct - superglue.  In fact, there are numerous places on her that I use superglue to either make impossible connections or to hold together weak ones.[/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Ah yes, Chro, the never-ending debate: to modify, or not to modify.  Luckily I only customize when it is absolutely necessary to achieve a desired effect.  I am currently making Teridax in a form that is to scale with my Nuva, i.e. monstrously huge, and thus there is virtually no modification of parts. [/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]And thanks to Takua and Flaredrick, though I don't know how I would lower the heartlight without drilling a hole lover down (something I am quite reluctant to do).  As to the gun, it was a five-minute build whipped up so that I could post her with a weapon.  It is odd... but any suggestions?[/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Posted Image[/color]

#7 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2013 - 05:00 PM

I would go for an assault rifle look. It always gets good reviews.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#8 Offline TechnicRage

TechnicRage
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 82 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 02:39 PM

I love yor style and the MoC is great, however the lack of fins on the head feels incomplete. Also, she doesn't look feminine enough (but that seems like I am nit-picking). I love the MoC and overall it looks great! Can't wait for the rest.

Question: Is there any other sites I can access and look at your MoCs? (You are the best MoCist ever).

Edited by TechnicRage, Apr 13 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#9 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 411 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 12:31 AM

I love yor style and the MoC is great, however the lack of fins on the head feels incomplete. Also, she doesn't look feminine enough (but that seems like I am nit-picking). I love the MoC and overall it looks great! Can't wait for the rest.

Question: Is there any other sites I can access and look at your MoCs? (You are the best MoCist ever).

I agree! I want to see the other moc you have made! :D

Also I think ive seen this moc of yours a while ago in a group shot with the other adaptive armor toa nuva, right?

Btw nice torso and arm design! Also how tall is the moc compared to an actual normal sized set?

r34TEbW.png

Youtube: Adapting Chaos    A.K.

#10 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members

• 1,745 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 11:26 AM

Fsnorglepuff's MOCs are viewable on [color=#ff0000;]his Brickshelf page[/color].

#11 Offline TechnicRage

TechnicRage
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 82 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2013 - 06:07 PM

Fsnorglepuff's MOCs are viewable on [color=#ff0000;]his Brickshelf page[/color].

Thanks, I have never used Brickshelf.

#12 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 837 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 01:38 PM

As with all your creations, its really, really well done, but I still can't get around the waffel eye mask!  :P

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#13 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,309 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:22 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Thanks TechnicRage, and thanks Chro for providing the link.  The mask would perhaps look better with fins, but not with the ones she had; they were too large, particularly for a normally-sized toa build.  The "waffle eye" is also undesirable, which is why I had intended to sculpt her a new mask, but I haven't the time to do that anymore.  The sculpting projects for Teridax, Kapura, and Vezon are taking long enough to finish....[/color]

#14 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 07 2013 - 11:57 PM

The gluing and cutting makes me sad bunny. But I'll move past that because the end result is quite excellent.The absence of the headfins is a little disappointing to me, but I know that a lot of people didn't like them. So my only real complaint is that I think Gali would look nicer if her neck was one length longer, and her lower legs were also extended a length. As it is, her head is kind of buried in her chest, and the shortness of the legs makes her look... inelegant.I appreciate the abundance of silver, making her look truly Mistika, and I love the appearance of the waist. I'm just going to leave now before I start counting all the places you mangled your Legos. >_>

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#15 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,309 posts
  •  

Posted May 27 2013 - 04:38 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Bundalings, you were totally right about the neck.  I tried it, and it looks far better.  However, it is ironic that I had to cut and glue even more in order to accomplish this with a metru head.  I do not know how to lengthen the legs, however...[/color]

#16 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 857 posts
  •  

Posted May 27 2013 - 06:11 PM

This is really spectacular! The level of detail you put it to this and your Toa Ignika MOC which I also saw is tremendous! I'm really liking the use of customized parts, especially that Ignika. I'll need to try that with some of my MOCs. Will any of your creations be at BrickFair Virginia this August?

BTW I would love to see a custom sculpted AA Gali Nuva Mask!  ;)

-XONARsig.png

AjvxXRX.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

#17 Offline rednas3636

rednas3636
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 570 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2013 - 03:16 PM

I LOVE this one :)only complain is small images :P

I wanted to give thanks to TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff to kinda relive my childhood =p
Posted Image

#18 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members

• 1,745 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2013 - 03:32 PM

I LOVE this one :)only complain is small images :P

Most of the pictures enlarge slightly when you click them. (I agree though, larger photos would be nice... maybe flickr, with the new terabyte limit?)

#19 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,273 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 02 2013 - 08:07 AM

As yet another purist, I have to frown on all the alterations.  But the final MOC really does looks very cohesive and believable.  I like how you maintained the Mistika-era obsession with silver but made it look good.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#20 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,309 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2013 - 05:15 PM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]MX5Miata - no, my MOCs shall not be going to Brickfair.  [/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Hm, at first my pictures were too big, now they're too small.  I guess next time I should do slightly larger ones.[/color]

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Thanks all![/color]

#21 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,210 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2013 - 08:54 AM

As always, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity. But I'm not to fond of the massacring of the pieces. but, hey, your choice, not mine.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#22 Offline aljarreau

aljarreau
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 10:52 AM

This looks AWESOME! :o Very humanoid body, the silver really looks like an tight-fitting armor !

The only thing that buggers me a little is the absence of the winglets on her mask.

#23 Offline Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 254 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:03 AM

Is it just me, or is her mask a bit paler than it usually is?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to be Flamewing Studios.

The Sky's Scar

#24 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members

• 1,745 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:30 AM

Is it just me, or is her mask a bit paler than it usually is?

I think it's the photo quality.

#25 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,309 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 07:20 AM

[color=rgb(47,79,79);]Thanks everyone, and yeah the mask is normal but the lighting, its surface texture, and the editing make it appear a bit pale.  It has more of a matte finish than other masks and so the already diffuse light is scattered more by its surface.  In addition to that, I always brighten the images afterwards because of previous complaints, which can affect the contrast and thus the vibrancy of the colors.  [/color]

#26 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 966 posts
  •  

Posted May 20 2014 - 12:59 PM

Really nice. I might suggest using a bit more blue, though, to make it a bit more obvious that she's a Toa of water.

What on earth is the foot piece here from? I've gotta get one now.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#27 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,089 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 20 2014 - 01:05 PM

Revival.
Thread closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users