Toa Gali Nuva (Mistika)

At long last, I have finally completed the Toa with which my Nuva project began: Gali. I first conceived of the general leg design three years ago, and after years of tinkering and collecting pieces from literally around the globe, she is complete.

I had planned on sculpting a custom mask, but with my limited time and numerous other projects, I chose to simply alter her original Mistika mask so that it wasn't so horrid. So, without further adieu, I present Toa Gali Nuva in her Mistika form:

img_7602.jpg img_7607.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7608.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7604.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_7600.jpg img_7627.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7624.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7626.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_7617.jpg img_7618.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7619.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7632.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_7613.jpg img_7630.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7616.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7625.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click the smaller pictures for larger versions, and click here for the gallery (in which there are pictures of my WIPs that have impeded any rapid progress on a single MOC). So, please comment, critique, and inquire!

a_peace.png

Edited by Fsnorglepuff
  • Upvote 2

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Very impressive! The heartlight seems a little high on her chest, though. The gun worked out really well. Although I have one question that has haunted me ever since I first saw some of your MOCs: How the heck did you make the hands? I've tried to figure out every possible technique you might have used, but the only thing that comes to mind is superglue.

Aside from that, this is a very good representation of Gali, and it's definitely an improvement from her actual set form. Great job!

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

All the customized parts you use... simultaneously brilliant and frustrating. :lol:

I kind of feel like it's cheating with MOCing some of the time, but you generally use them to great effect, so it's alright, I guess.

Excellent creation, as usual.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Thanks 1st Shadow, and you're correct - superglue. In fact, there are numerous places on her that I use superglue to either make impossible connections or to hold together weak ones.

Ah yes, Chro, the never-ending debate: to modify, or not to modify. Luckily I only customize when it is absolutely necessary to achieve a desired effect. I am currently making Teridax in a form that is to scale with my Nuva, i.e. monstrously huge, and thus there is virtually no modification of parts.

And thanks to Takua and Flaredrick, though I don't know how I would lower the heartlight without drilling a hole lover down (something I am quite reluctant to do). As to the gun, it was a five-minute build whipped up so that I could post her with a weapon. It is odd... but any suggestions?

a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

I love yor style and the MoC is great, however the lack of fins on the head feels incomplete. Also, she doesn't look feminine enough (but that seems like I am nit-picking). I love the MoC and overall it looks great! Can't wait for the rest.

Question: Is there any other sites I can access and look at your MoCs? (You are the best MoCist ever).

Edited by TechnicRage
  • Upvote 1

I love yor style and the MoC is great, however the lack of fins on the head feels incomplete. Also, she doesn't look feminine enough (but that seems like I am nit-picking). I love the MoC and overall it looks great! Can't wait for the rest.

Question: Is there any other sites I can access and look at your MoCs? (You are the best MoCist ever).

I agree! I want to see the other moc you have made! :D

Also I think ive seen this moc of yours a while ago in a group shot with the other adaptive armor toa nuva, right?

Btw nice torso and arm design! Also how tall is the moc compared to an actual normal sized set?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks TechnicRage, and thanks Chro for providing the link. The mask would perhaps look better with fins, but not with the ones she had; they were too large, particularly for a normally-sized toa build. The "waffle eye" is also undesirable, which is why I had intended to sculpt her a new mask, but I haven't the time to do that anymore. The sculpting projects for Teridax, Kapura, and Vezon are taking long enough to finish....

a_peace.png

Toa Gali Nuva

The gluing and cutting makes me sad bunny. But I'll move past that because the end result is quite excellent.The absence of the headfins is a little disappointing to me, but I know that a lot of people didn't like them. So my only real complaint is that I think Gali would look nicer if her neck was one length longer, and her lower legs were also extended a length. As it is, her head is kind of buried in her chest, and the shortness of the legs makes her look... inelegant.I appreciate the abundance of silver, making her look truly Mistika, and I love the appearance of the waist. I'm just going to leave now before I start counting all the places you mangled your Legos. >_>

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

• 3 weeks later...

This is really spectacular! The level of detail you put it to this and your Toa Ignika MOC which I also saw is tremendous! I'm really liking the use of customized parts, especially that Ignika. I'll need to try that with some of my MOCs. Will any of your creations be at BrickFair Virginia this August?

BTW I would love to see a custom sculpted AA Gali Nuva Mask! ;)

Bliss.png

I LOVE this one :)only complain is small images :P

Most of the pictures enlarge slightly when you click them. (I agree though, larger photos would be nice... maybe flickr, with the new terabyte limit?)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

As yet another purist, I have to frown on all the alterations. But the final MOC really does looks very cohesive and believable. I like how you maintained the Mistika-era obsession with silver but made it look good.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or is her mask a bit paler than it usually is?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Thanks everyone, and yeah the mask is normal but the lighting, its surface texture, and the editing make it appear a bit pale. It has more of a matte finish than other masks and so the already diffuse light is scattered more by its surface. In addition to that, I always brighten the images afterwards because of previous complaints, which can affect the contrast and thus the vibrancy of the colors.

a_peace.png

Toa Gali Nuva

• 10 months later...