Game Of The Year

Leg O'Brick

EDITED for the post above me. ^^Oh yes, I know that. However, there is a -Primary- GOTY website, which is what most people think of when they hear "Game of the Year". Though I do recognize and normally frequent the various GOTY sites :3 ^The primary site I followed (which I beileve was the main GOTY, the one everybody watches most of all... sadly, I don't remember who or the URL or anything >.<) had those games up there, but Heavy Rain and that one game where you're a little kid in a black-and-white world were two of the top 5, and both were very untradtional.

Yea, I didn't see those GOTY nominations, and I don't know what the heck you Mean by a "primary" GOTY website. Every game journalisim website in existence has their own; the only "main" one is the one you like best.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

EDITED for the post above me. ^^Oh yes, I know that. However, there is a -Primary- GOTY website, which is what most people think of when they hear "Game of the Year". Though I do recognize and normally frequent the various GOTY sites :3 ^The primary site I followed (which I beileve was the main GOTY, the one everybody watches most of all... sadly, I don't remember who or the URL or anything >.<) had those games up there, but Heavy Rain and that one game where you're a little kid in a black-and-white world were two of the top 5, and both were very untradtional.

Yea, I didn't see those GOTY nominations, and I don't know what the heck you Mean by a "primary" GOTY website. Every game journalisim website in existence has their own; the only "main" one is the one you like best.
Before last year I never got too horribly caught up in GOTY, just kept up with the Top 5 or so on some sites. And I'm sure I'm mistaken now from the responses given >_> However, if I remember an Url or the site's name, I'd probably divulge what site it was to the best of my abilities without breaking BZP rules. All I remember was it was definitely one of the more professionally set up, presented GOTY sites. It just had this air of importance to the way it presented the GOTY.

Looking at Arkham City, it's a possible contender, along with Portal 2 & Minecraft (if it officially comes out this year). Though I'll make my final decision after the release of Skyward Sword. I haven't played Deus Ex yet eihter, but it's supposedly amazing so might also be a possible GOTY winner.

Edited by iPenguin

Majhost sucks

Ok guuys, let's get back on topic here...I can't wait for B:AC on pc. Its taking forever! It feelsEven longer when I see all kinds of stuff about the console versions on various websites.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

ah well. this is totally off topic anyway so how about that Dead Island game u gaiz?

Meh. It was kinda buggy on release, but that's not really something that should prevent something from becoming GOTY. It just never really grabbed my attention (expect that first trailer)

Skyward Sword? That's not how you spell Sonic Generations :P. Seriously though, I just played the demo and it is GOTY material for sure. Oh, and Portal 2 also. Anything but COD copypasta. -Longcat is Long

YESH someone else too! But honestly, Skywars Sword, Sonic Generations, Uncharted 3, Arkham City, and possibly Skyrim are top candidates for my GOTY. BF3 is a shooter, but I'm burnt out at this point on them.

Undergoing Renovations...

Minecraft, which comes out this year. Been in prerelease since 2009? Hush, you!

Edited by Your Friend Doctor Robert
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

• 2 weeks later...

- Forza Motorsport 4- Portal 2- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DSFM4 has the best graphics, and is just an awesome racing experience. The rest are self-explanatory. =P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

actually, portaL 2 won "ultimate game" at the joystick awards

Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Honestly, the most recent game I have is pokemon White, and my gaming consoles consist of a Nintendo Gameboy DS (not a mini, not a DSi, not a 3DS, a DS. The kind where the pen falls out if you hold it upside down), a Playstation 2 I bought a year after the 3 came out, a nintendo 64,, and a Gameboy Advance SP I only bought so I could play older Gameboy games.The most recent console game I have is Pokemon White which I bought a few months ago.So I'll go With The Sims 3 Generations and Pets, even though I don't have pets yet.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

-Skyward Sword: Mehr... We'll see. Personally, the more bright and animated-looking Zelda games never appeal to me as much as, say, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess. Skyward's almost like a combo of the two, but personally from what little I've seen, I don't think it'd be the winner. I wouldn't doubt it capable of making the top 10, however.

So you're judging an unreleased game based on its graphical style alone? That's just sad...:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Skyrim baby! Oblivion was awesome, and Skyrim will be too. I mean, even if it doesn't make GOTY #1, we know it'll be up there. Bethesda has just put so much work into the Elder Scroll series thats it's hard not to love them. I for one know that I will buy Skyrim as soon as I can, and it will probably be the only game I play for a while. I mean, I actually finished all avaliable quests in the Normal Oblivion, and done most of Shivering Isles and all of Knights of the Nine, and there's still LOADS left that I can do in the game. It's just beautiful. (I got it at the beginning of this year and play pretty often incase you're wondering)However, Portal 2 and Minecraft get my vote aswell. Awesome games, just not my favourite cup of tea. More like really sweet treats I only have once in a while..MTL

-Skyward Sword: Mehr... We'll see. Personally, the more bright and animated-looking Zelda games never appeal to me as much as, say, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess. Skyward's almost like a combo of the two, but personally from what little I've seen, I don't think it'd be the winner. I wouldn't doubt it capable of making the top 10, however.

So you're judging an unreleased game based on its graphical style alone? That's just sad... :t: :b: :3:
Saying it's definitely going to be THE MOTHER OF ALL GAMING before it's released is really sad too IMO.-Dovydas

So you're judging an unreleased game based on its graphical style alone? That's just sad... :t: :b: :3:
Saying it's definitely going to be THE MOTHER OF ALL GAMING before it's released is really sad too IMO.-Dovydas
Well, seeing as about half the games discussed in this topic haven't been released yet, that statement could apply to a number of other games. I'm sure any of these games is more than deserving of the title, but I personally support SS since I'm obsessed with the Zelda series, and from all I've seen of SS it's going to be amazing.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Well, seeing as about half the games discussed in this topic haven't been released yet, that statement could apply to a number of other games. I'm sure any of these games is more than deserving of the title, but I personally support SS since I'm obsessed with the Zelda series, and from all I've seen of SS it's going to be amazing. :t: :b: :3:

because if other people are doing it, it must be okay! Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

Well, seeing as about half the games discussed in this topic haven't been released yet, that statement could apply to a number of other games. I'm sure any of these games is more than deserving of the title, but I personally support SS since I'm obsessed with the Zelda series, and from all I've seen of SS it's going to be amazing. :t: :b: :3:

because if other people are doing it, it must be okay!
This.-Dovydas

I've only gotten two games from this year, Portal 2, and Minecraft, (bought MC in 2010, but it's coming out fully this year, so I'll count it as a 2011 game) and with the undeniable popularity of Minecraft, it HAS to get GOTY, and even though I don't play survival all that much, I'd have to agree.

I totally forgot about minecraft. I'd probably be a toss-up between Sonic Generations, Minecraft, and Portal 2 (though I haven't played Portal 2 yet.) Also, the first one is partially due to me being a fanboy. :P
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Seems you only read the surface of my post. I didn't say -why- they didn't appeal to me as much, did I? The graphical separation denotes a somewhat noticeable difference in the execution of the story and style of the game overall. While it's been awhile since I've played any of the Zelda games, I've had my share of experiences and in general the ones that have a more mature look and execution tend to appeal to my -personal- opinion more.Don't have so judgemental a tone if you don't fully understand the context of wording, even if it's a bit hard to notice. Being polite never hurts, y'know.Either way, I'm holding my prerelease judgement that while it could certainly appear in the Top Ten and I won't be surprised one bit if it does, I don't feel that it'd win GOTY across most sites.

Rage, obviously.I don't own it, but I so friggin' want to. Seriously, it's one of (if not the best) FPSs this year. The graphics are to die for, the gameplay is amazing, and yes, a big fat plus is the fact that it's a free roaming game. :333The apocalypse setting works so well with it too, and there's a monetary system in the game, along with items and upgrades galore. Personally, I'd rate it 5/5, it is just that cool.-Skar

Rage is great, but the graphics aren't to die for the game isn't free roam per se. Regardless, it's an amazing shooter and better that all the generic FPSes pumped out these days.
Well, it is an apocalyptic world with lots of junk and debris in it, and there is only so much space to travel through, but it's still a very open game.-Skar

I'd have to side with Skyrim, though whether or not I hold to this will be determined a few days past Friday. (As I preordered it, only game I've ever actually preordered - 30% off to boot, with a $13 discount for getting rid of Blops -- at least it was worth something!). MW3 and BF3 seem funnish, BF3 more so (although the vehicle controls are pretty clunky on console, and I am not blowing $200+ to upgrade my computer to play the PC version), but MW3 just looks (and sounds) like a rehashed version of MW2. I haven't heard if they've addressed any of the multiplayer balance issues, or care to, and all I've heard from people who are so enthused over it is "New maps! New weapons! New perks!" and I'm left thinking "isn't that what DLC is for? Even the ridiculously overpriced kind?" Well, I hope it's fun for the players' sake. I might pick it up whenever the price plummets, and then trade it off next year for something better (like what I did with Blops).Then again, IMO, FPS games all feel the same nowadays. I've always been more partial to the RPG's, as they often just have unique feelings and some try to do new things. Skyrim, for instance, has introduced things that have absolutely made me a very happy RPG gamer (mainly the freedom with the romance options, right now I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins and I'm all sad over the lack of options). The graphics were overhauled (although graphics aren't the biggest deal to me), and it seems like it'll be a very personalized experience based on what those working on it have been saying. And dragons? Who could say no to dragons? Plus, 200+ hours of stuff to do -- meaning, I probably won't beat it fast and then slowly become bored with it. (And, since it's singleplayer, I can play it when I have no internet access *looks at new Wisconsin house*).I do remember the Zelda games back when I used to borrow them for my Nintendo 64, but as I don't have a Wii, I really haven't been looking into Skyward Sword. I'm not a huge Zelda-fan, but I enjoy the games and am pretty glad that they're making one that sounds like it'll turn out well. ^_^

Edited by Spink

• 2 weeks later...

ah well. this is totally off topic anywayso how about that Dead Island game u gaiz?

Meh. It was kinda buggy on release, but that's not really something that should prevent something from becoming GOTY. It just never really grabbed my attention (expect that first trailer)
fallout 3 won more GOTYs then your whole family, and it was the buggiest thing on the planet before new vegas was released

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Out of those I have played...- Portal 2- Saints Row: The ThirdThen again, they're probably the only games I've played than have been released this year. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~