My current Self-MOC. One of the supporting protagonists for TRIBES. Gumshoe in Best Laid Plans. Shapeshifting Tribal dude in the future.

When I'm doing galleries like this in the future, it will almost always be outside, since Natural light is better than my studio lights...

Without further adieu...

8621804951_aa11e8947d_m.jpg

Overview

Nameless Sword

Voidwalker

Abyssal Chain

Abyssal Chain Fired

Back View

Wings Front

Wings Full

Wings Back

Wings Back Back

Final Shot

Hope you've enjoyed, Comments and Constructive Criticism welcome! =D

Another Darksider's fan, I presume? :P

That's an awesome MOC you got there...kinda reminds me of DEATH from the sequel given his very lean yet menacing appearance.

Two things to point out though:

1) The wings could use a bit of fierceness-I guess curved blades (such as the ones used on the sword) might do the trick...or black Brutaka blades..y'know..to get the Shadow Flight wings appearance if that's what you're going for...or maybe the blades first used on Furno 3.0's bird wings or Raw-Jaw's tusks? you could do very interesting things with them.

2) The shoulders could use some dimensions...I know how weird this sounds but the torso build is too flat this way.

But anyways, keep up the good work!! And stay a fan of Darksiders if you are...there's (sadly) not much of us out there :/ :/

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

That's an awesome MOC you got there...kinda reminds me of DEATH from the sequel given his very lean yet menacing appearance.

1) The wings could use a bit of fierceness-I guess curved blades (such as the ones used on the sword) might do the trick...or black Brutaka blades..y'know..to get the Shadow Flight wings appearance if that's what you're going for...or maybe the blades first used on Furno 3.0's bird wings or Raw-Jaw's tusks? you could do very interesting things with them.

2) The shoulders could use some dimensions...I know how weird this sounds but the torso build is too flat this way.

But anyways, keep up the good work!! And stay a fan of Darksiders if you are...there's (sadly) not much of us out there :/ :/

Haha, Varren wasn't based off of Death, he actually was my attempt at creating my body shape... Tall and Thin. =P

I'm not trying to go for Shadow Flight, it's supposed to appear as natural, feathery wings. Like, the kind you see on birds. The suggestions you gave me for the wings were awesome, but I don't have them in the right color (Furno's wings), and I don't have anything from Raw-Jaw.

The shoulders are going to be lengthened in terms of width, it's far too skinny in the middle of the upper arm. As for the shoulders and Torso... I don't think I understand what you're talking about, The torso build isn't very flat, neither is the shoulders. D=

Well,

Haha, Varren wasn't based off of Death, he actually was my attempt at creating my body shape... Tall and Thin. =P

I'm not trying to go for Shadow Flight, it's supposed to appear as natural, feathery wings. Like, the kind you see on birds. The suggestions you gave me for the wings were awesome, but I don't have them in the right color (Furno's wings), and I don't have anything from Raw-Jaw.

The shoulders are going to be lengthened in terms of width, it's far too skinny in the middle of the upper arm. As for the shoulders and Torso... I don't think I understand what you're talking about, The torso build isn't very flat, neither is the shoulders. D=

What I meant by the "flatness" was the kind of bare upper back near the shoulder area.

I'll show you what I mean:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Darksiders/Reviews/varren_rehn_self_moc.jpg

I know it might cause some problems when you add the wings on, so you might want to look for an alternative.

Hope this helps!

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I like the articulation here, and larger MOCs generally afford better opportunities for including more. Some parts still look bare-bones, though, especially the middle chest and elbows. You may have to sacrifice some torso articulation just to fill it all out, and the elbows could use a little more armoring. (Those half-stud buffers on the side of the shoulder might be the perfect spots to use some more parts and really flesh that out.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg