BS01 states on their page on the Rebuilding that the Turaga showed the Matoran of Mata Nui how to rebuild themselves after the defeat of the Bohrok-Kal, with knowledge given to them by the Rahaga. My question is, why on Earth didn't the Turaga show them how to do this earlier in the 1,000 years they spend on the island of Mata Nui? I'm pretty sure it would have helped them a lot.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

It's quite possible they found that too dangerous: rebuilding yourself while you can be attacked by Rahi at any time...

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Because, prior to that time, the Matoran were in constant danger. Warding off monsters almost daily is hard enough. But try fighting them in a larger body you aren't used to. The Rahi/Bohrok/whatever would have you dead while you and everyone else were tripping over their own feet.

aouROFb.png

When you put it that way it makes one wonder why they bothered taking them to the Rahi-infested island in the first place. I mean with Teridax in a protocage there would be theoretically no reason to leave Metru Nui besides the eternal night.But that's not really here nor there...

Pretty much as Dralcax said, the Matoran had to fend for themselves all the time, so the Rebuilding (being on such a scale) would have to wait for a more peaceful time. Of course, naming day on the other hand was completely pointless besides re-establishing character names post-stupid-maori-lawsuit. But, I'm going off topic again...or am I? The two were both on the same day(s) weren't they?

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

When you put it that way it makes one wonder why they bothered taking them to the Rahi-infested island in the first place. I mean with Teridax in a protocage there would be theoretically no reason to leave Metru Nui besides the eternal night.But that's not really here nor there...

Pretty much as Dralcax said, the Matoran had to fend for themselves all the time, so the Rebuilding (being on such a scale) would have to wait for a more peaceful time. Of course, naming day on the other hand was completely pointless besides re-establishing character names post-stupid-maori-lawsuit. But, I'm going off topic again...or am I? The two were both on the same day(s) weren't they?

But Teridax wasn't in a protocage when the Toa left for Mata Nui. Vakama freed him. If they had stayed behind, Makuta could have easily overpowered the Matoran/Turaga and made them his slaves, which was exactly what the Turaga didn't want.

And yes, the two were on the same day.

Edited by fishers64

Well, to your first question, Teridax actually was broken out by Roodaka with the Metru's unknowing help. He would track the Metru anywhere anyways to get revenge, and Mata Nui was the closest. Maybe they didn't even know there were other islands. Teridax (as Dume) closed all the sea gates long before. Teridax also had power over Rahi (through infected masks), so I'm sure even with another island, he would make whatever Rahi was there attack them or find another way. In the early comics, he also controlled much of nature with his powers. So it isn't so much that the island's Rahi were dangerous (many of them would probably naturally leave the Matoran alone), but that Teridax was out for revenge. No idea what you mean by eternal night. Is that just because Mata Nui was asleep, so his eyes (or Metru Nui's suns) were closed? Makes sense, I guess.So, back on topic, they changed because Lego wanted new, more posable Matoran models, and Greg went along with it. Story-wise, I like the previous idea that they need some time to get used to their new forms. They did have a period of peace there for a bit.Alternatively, maybe it was just too much work, and the Turaga didn't want to start until it was really needed, such as in fixing up all the destruction of the Bohrok.Or maybe they were all looking for an advantage in the upcoming Kohlii tournament. :P

Indeed they were, pretty much, but if anything that would make rebuilding easier since there's no organic matter to handle. I'd presume maybe they re-routed the Matoran's organic matter on their arms to compensate, or something like that. As for the av-matoran thing, considering Bohrok powers, I'd think it's sage to say there would be no compatibility issues coming from that since they seem to lose their element upon turning into a bohrok.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)