Can Toa have multiple elements

Three basic answers to this:

1) Naturally (if I understand it right), only if they are in a similar situation to Takanuva, having their light drained, so they're gaining shadow powers, or vice versa, in addition to their natural element. (Not sure off the top of my head if this replaces the element when completed...)

2) Wearing an elemental mask, like a Mask of Fire, distinct from their own element.

3) Weird experiments. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah Bonesii is right, well so there are a few options if you want to have dual elements:Get a Elemental MaskGet semi-shadow drained, only works with shadow, possibly meditation could also work to get shadow or light as seen with Roodaka and White TerryGet a Elemental Weapon E.G Midak Skyblaster.Get fused to other Toa/Elemental Creatures and take the upperhand in its mind.Get yourself altered by the IgnikaThrow yourself in energised protodemis and hope :)Yeah most of those would'd be pretty painfull/immoral

I'm back!

From BS01:

"A Toa Kaita also possesses greater elemental power than its three component Toa, and can wield the powers in combination."

So I assume they can use the individual powers, AND the powers in combination?

Ill have to find it in the book.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

Kaita are different, I believe, as they are more powerful and have different mask powers, and take on their own person, as a combination of the three minds.

Also, to a post far above, they are referencing Takanuva when he was partially light-drained, not as Takutanuva.

But yeah, Elemental masks would give some powers, and light drainage would do so as well, I believe. We have seen other beings have two as a result of a fusion, though that's a special case and they weren't really a Toa afterwards. Experiments may harbor results as well.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

It seems your right. In "Tales of the Toa", the first bionicle book, the Kaita used only combinations of the elements (wind, water, and cold to make a blizzard for example).

So Kaita do not qualify as a multi-element toa :(

About the mask thing: I agree. This would make Toa Mahri Hewkii and Toa of Stone + Gravity.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

I'm not sure if it was ever denied that Kaita could use just one element, just posting to point out, though, that if they needed to do so they could simply split. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I suppose Artakha might be able to make one, or learn how, from the Mask of Creation. Of course, he probably has no interest in doing so.

Then what about with the Bohrok? On topic. Is there any other method that a Toa can have multiple powers, other than Ignika, masks, light drain, or experimentation.

Partial Shadow drain, and meditation to get rid of inner shadow. The Spear of Fusion, I think this was mentioned. Also tools and Rhotuka can have powers, as the Hagah demonstrate.Also, Red Star lightning. Toa Inika had elementals laced with lightning. Not sure that counts as multiple powers... Edited by fishers64

I don't think that a Toa with an elemental mask could really be considered a Toa with two elements. Elemental masks, from what I remember, have limited control of the element (or at least the Garai did), instead using just a subpower.

I do think that an elemental mask of, say, plasma, could be used similarly to the Inika's lightning attacks, to add to the power by combining the two.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Elemental masks, from what I remember, have limited control of the element (or at least the Garai did), instead using just a subpower.

This is why I think people should keep the "Garai = subpower" theory strongly in mind. Based on the English "translation", this idea is reasonable, but more logical seems to be the idea that the Garai could really be translated better as "Mask of Weight Control", rather than the full element of Gravity. In the case of the Mask of Light, there appeared to be no such limitations and it even had a few extra abilities besides. And Greg confirmed that there are Disks of Fire and the like which in disk form appear to simply grant the use of Fire to the user, and could be made into elemental masks to do the same. It seems unlikely that any of these would have such severe restrictions as the Kanohi Garai.

At the very least, we should not assume that the Garai is meant to establish a universal rule of limitations like that (unless Greg at some point confirmed it?).

Toa are 85% mechanical, and they have an internal "elemental battery" of sorts. The Toa are made to work with specific elements. This is kind of like how we might build one robot that can shoot fire and another that can shoot lightning; we would have to construct them differently. We could make just one robot that shoots both fire and lighting, but that would require a reconstruction of some sorts, either by adding new parts, changing the ones that are already there, or combining the parts of two or more robots.In BIONICLE, these things can be accomplished by mutation, fusion, swapping masks, using powers to emulate others, etc. Other transformations such as becoming a Toa in the first place also work. Without at least some direct modification to the body itself - even if it's something as minor as putting on an elemental Kanohi or unbalancing the inner light/shadow center - I don't think a single Toa could wield two different elements. A Toa of Fire's elemental ability simply isn't made to handle solids such as rock, for example. They would need something to aid them in converting stone to/from elemental energy, and also manipulate that Stone energy.

Edited by Katuko

Well he did gain both powers when that happened. Also for me, Kaita is a sole body made from three or more bodies of different elemental abilities. Also I didn't think Takutsnuva. He really never used his powers. But '08 Takanuva on the other hand, did use both powers. I think?

Wait, um, regarding exact wording: Kaita are NOT "three or more". They are exactly three. Six is a Nui, and there is no current knowledge which would give evidence of combinations of four or five toa existing. Just saying this because it appears you are under the impression that any number of Toa above 2 can combine, which is incorrect to our current knowledge.

idk man

Just for the record, "Kaita" does indeed mean exactly three, and "Nui" six. However, other numbers would be possible with the Mask of Fusion. :)

Takanuva had Light and Shadow powers when his light all most was drained. But what if other Toa could possess two or more elements without having such a painful reaction with a horrible lab experiment. What are your thoughts?

Nope. Takanuva had his light drained, and if you take away light you have shadow, so I think that would be the only way.

I don't know about lab experiments, BIONICLE chemistry, BIONICLE physics and other assorted BIONICLE subjects that would be needed in a lab experiment, so I'm not the one to ask about that.

2xu8Ptu.png

I have never seen a 'Toa Nui' in my life. Only Turaga and Matoran. Besides that is the Kaita version of Matoran and Turaga. I have never heard of Matoran forming into three, or Turaga.

You haven't seen a Toa Nui because even though they have been confirmed to exist, none of the inhabitants of the MU know this.

idk man