What do you want from Lego?

fishers64

Nah, once they introduce a new one, the old one shouldn't be used for at least a long while. Because if they keep both, there's still the problem of the repetitive build for those sets that still use the old build.

Not as much, because with a different variety of bodies, say, 3 types of bodies, two sets can use 1, another 2 can use other and another 2 can use the other.

-G u u R a h K

Nah, once they introduce a new one, the old one shouldn't be used for at least a long while. Because if they keep both, there's still the problem of the repetitive build for those sets that still use the old build.

Not as much, because with a different variety of bodies, say, 3 types of bodies, two sets can use 1, another 2 can use other and another 2 can use the other.

True, but then that gets to be too complicated...

Bliss.png

Well that's pretty much the only way in which bodies will not get repetive.

-G u u R a h K

Or like I said originally, they could just replace them.

Edited by Trydeltix
Bliss.png

As Lynchir said, if it ain't broke don't fix. The basis of LEGO's plan. And chaning the bodies completely would lead to repetitivism again.

-G u u R a h K

As Lynchir said, if it ain't broke don't fix. The basis of LEGO's plan. And chaning the bodies completely would lead to repetitivism again.

If they overused the new torsos, then yeah, they would be repetitive. But if they kept changing them once in a while, it would be fine.

But going back to what I said before, I don't think the current HF torsos are in need of replacement yet. I really quite like them, in fact, and they're still a fresh design.

Bliss.png

If they overused the new torsos, then yeah, they would be repetitive. But if they kept changing them once in a while, it would be fine.

But going back to what I said before, I don't think the current HF torsos are in need of replacement yet. I really quite like them, in fact, and they're still a fresh design.

Fresh from 2 years ago. Seems legit. :P

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter

-G u u R a h K

Freash from 2 years ago. Seems legit. :P

Well, they're getting to the point where they need to be replaced. But they aren't there quite yet.

Bliss.png

Freash from 2 years ago. Seems legit. :P

Well, they're getting to the point where they need to be replaced. But they aren't there quite yet.

If they could've released 1.0 heroes over and over and over without any changes, and still make money, they would've done it. XD

-G u u R a h K

If they could've released 1.0 heroes over and over and over without any changes, and still make money, they would've done it. XD

If they could have done that, then yes, they would have milked every penny out of the 1.0. Of course they weren't that good, so that's irrelevant. The point is, no matter how good a torso design may be, eventually the sets that use it will be boring to build if they overuse it, and then sales decrease as a result of that eventually.

Bliss.png

If they could have done that, then yes, they would have milked every penny out of the 1.0. Of course they weren't that good, so that's irrelevant. The point is, no matter how good a torso design may be, eventually the sets that use it will be boring to build if they overuse it, and then sales decrease as a result of that eventually.

True.

-G u u R a h K

There are actually at least three types of HF torsos that I know of that appeared in sets, so I'm a bit confused. (For the record I own two, on Speeda Demon and another on Stringer, and I know Thornraxx has a different one.)

Thornraxx actually has a "torso" that isn't constructed out of typical torso beams. XT-4 has a different, smaller torso piece than other sets, and I like that piece a lot.

But that just brings up why I'm in no hurry for the current torsos to be replaced: each one has a unique use, and each of them is quite good for that intended use. They don't need to be replaced if it's only for freshness' sake, and the only reason any of them would ever need to be replaced outright is if a new one could be introduced that is so much more versatile that it renders the old ones obsolete. And I just don't see that happening any time soon.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My point is, it's different from the Inika torso, which was one piece. It's a building system, and that has variations. And it's a good building system that allows for variations. I suspect we will see more variations in the future before the whole thing is scrapped, since there are a few that already exist.

Well, but here's the issue: what makes you think the typical buyer knows or cares what sets were like two years ago? Obviously TLG doesn't want to alienate ALL repeat buyers, but at the same time when a toy is designed with kids in mind, you have to keep in mind that the vast majority of kids are going to "grow out of it" in a few years no matter how much you alter the design, simply because they'll continue to think of it as a kids' toy. This applied to BIONICLE as much as it does to Hero Factory.Furthermore, look at other themes like LEGO City. The way four-module-wide cars in that theme are designed has not changed all that much in several years. And this is because there's really not much wrong with the way they're built. It's one of the most intuitive ways to build a car with LEGO pieces, and most kids will understand that. Why introduce a brand-new chassis piece when there's nothing wrong with the old one?This is sort of the same way I feel about the frequent demands for change in BIONICLE and Hero Factory. Certainly, if you can make a piece more versatile, then after you've gotten your money's worth out of the original piece then it might be worth replacing. But change for the sake of change just seems wasteful.On a side note, I don't think a wider Hero Factory torso would be all that desirable. The Toa Inika and Piraka torsos were remarkably useful for a number of things, but at the same time, for the average figure they were usually comically oversized (which isn't to say this was new or different; the Toa Metru's shoulders were just about the same width on average). It's not necessarily a bad thing, but for a builder and artist like me who prefers working with more realistic human proportions it can be.... frustrating. I once tried drawing a human figure with the proportions of a typical Glatorian and it ended up looking absurd even for some circus strongman.Now, I can understand how a torso for larger figures featuring wider shoulders could be useful. I've struggled a great deal trying to create custom torso solutions for a figure around Stormer XL's size which is bulky, but not so exaggeratedly so (specifically, something that could be a male counterpart to Kit Martello). But at the same time, when working with a figure that size, I'd still prefer to have a more intricate custom torso design than to have specialized torso shells and beams created for that purpose.Frost Beast from this year's sets shows how you can use Technic parts to create a wider-shouldered torso, but it's even possible to use just Hero Factory parts and maybe a couple Technic pins to create a wider-shouldered torso. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time