Barakki and TSO and Skakdi

The thing is, we just don't know.

Greg has said that TSO is gathering an army under a new name (not the Dark Hunters), and that he's saving the viruses, but that's all we know (I think).

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

TSO:

What happened to the Shadowed One? Last time we saw him, he had disappeared with vials after killing Ancient.TSO is on Spherus Magna, forming a new army around the remnants of the DH and the scum of his new world. They are all in deep cover until the moment is right to strike.

The Skakdi are probably recovering from their fight against Annona, but mostly I think they are enjoying themselves. If you could have whatever you could possibly dream up, there is no motive to go to war until a tentacle creature with an attitude shows up. The Barraki are thrilled to be unmutated from their Pit forms and are probably plotting their next move. But we don't really know what they're doing. Edited by fishers64

I don't think it's that weird that they're just chillaxing. (Okay... that they're.... not at war.) Historically armies have often done that. (Arguably often too much, but yeah.) You need time to plan, study the enemy, decide what you're after in the first place, and build resources and numbers so that you don't end up like the proverbial fly against the windshield.

Also, in actual story-time, not much has elapsed since "The End".

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)