Morbuzahk Origins Theory

So I found myself thinking about the purpose of the Morbuzahk. It was created by Teridax (for a change I'll call him that to avoid confusion) as part of his great plan to capture the Matoran of Metru Nui.

We were explained in one of the books I think, that the task of the Morbuzahk was to drive the Matoran towards the Coliseum during a long period of time. However, even after it is destroyed, Teridax completes this plan by summoning the Matoran to the Coliseum. He was under the guise as Dume, so that was not so hard. Plus, the Vahki could capture all of those Matoran who did not show up, in case there were some who didn't.

But Vakama points out an interesting thing in one of the comics, "Enemies of Metru Nui". He's wondering why Matoran are still disappearing all over the city despite the Morbuzahk being gone. As you may know, Matoran had started slowly disappearing after the Morbuzahk first appeared in the city. Later we would learn that these Matoran were in fact taken in Matoran Spheres before the others.

The common explanation in the city was that the Morbuzahk took the Matoran. This brings me to the suggestion here:

I think the Morbuzahk was created to serve as a distraction Dume-Teridax. It was created so that while the Vahki actually kept locking Matoran is oheres, the Morbuzahk would be blamed and Teridax would be spared of any doubts. It made his masquerade as Dume more convincing and gave the disappearences a logical reason which the Matoran believed.

My guess is that the Morbuzahk had been created with a limited lifespan as other Teirdax's experiments had been (as told in Maze of Shadows) so that it would not have got the chance to "rule" the Matoran as Teridax had promised it in the first place.

So the whole creation of Morbuzahk was just an excellent distraction which did work, seeing as it occupied the Toa Metru for a while and drove many people off course.

I'm going to cautiously back up this theory, and since I had to do a Greg hunt to clear another question I'm going to post some findings.

6. Were Matoran dissapearing before Morby showed up? Or just during Morby's reign?

They actually started disappearing before he was known about, but most Matoran just blame the Morbuzakh for that too.

16)If so, why didn't [Makuta] just tell all of the Matoran to come to Metru-Nui, instead of using the complicated process of the Morbuzakh?

Hypothetically -- drive them from the outskirts, there are fewer places for them to run and hide.

So, anyways, two questions. One, am I right that Morby was never responsible for those dissappearances? And two, was it revealed in the movie novelization who is responsible? (Not asking you to tell me, unless you can. ;)

6) Morbuzakh would have been responsible for some; Vahki for others; Dark Hunters for others. It's never specifically stated in the movie novel, but everyone had some hand in it.

So I'm going to say that this theory is somewhat correct, but a little limited in scope. In addition to occupying the Toa and providing an excuse for the disappearances, the Morbuzahk also drove Matoran towards the center of the city, rounding them up if you will, and make sure any strong-willed Matoran could be brought in by the Vahki.

What you said is true, but I mainly put emphasis on the fact that the Morbuzahk was not NEEDED for the mass kidnap. The Vahki were spread all across the city, so rounding the Matoran up would not be very practical in the end.

That's the point. The Vahki could not round up all the strong-willed Matoran in the end, so all the Matoran were scared and drove towards the center of the city.

It's a psychological effect to break down the resistance the Matoran might have to following "Dume's" orders, and to ensure that, if a few Matoran didn't comply, they would be near the middle of the city where the Vahki could easily get to them.

It's not that the matoran were too strong; it was just that there weren't enough vahki to round up all of the matoran if they were spread out over a large area. If Teridax did use the Nuurahk and the Zadahk to get them to go to the centre of the city, first of all, the matoran in those metrus would be wondering where all of the vahki were going. Secondly, once word spread out that the vahki were stunning pople left, right, and centre, the matoran would get suspiscious. So the morbuzahk was a better strategy. Make the matoran more compliant.

I think it was more like a test for the new toa so makuta could see what their abilities where and base his plan around that.

just my option though. :P

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.