Vortixx "Hair"

So Roodaka's thing on the back of her head is often referred to as "hair", probably because in WoS it was wavy like hair, but it doesn't make sense for a bio mechanical being to have hair like us. I think I recall reading somewhere that it's a sort of headdress (maybe worn by the females because of their status is Vortixx society?) Anyway hope someone can clear this up.

I thought it looked organic (partly) in WOS, actually. Also, not sure why being biomechanical would make having hair not have sense. :P But I always assumed it was a biomechanical appendage mainly for decoration, not a headdress, though I suppose that's possible too.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As far as I could find, Biosector01 didn't have any information on the head piece/tail on both Roodaka or the Vortixx's page.

I over heard that the interesting tail like appendage was a head piece though I can't remember where I heard it! Personally, I prefer the tail-thingy to be part of the Vortixx anatomy but that could just be me. :shrugs:

sherlock4.jpeg

Not certain, but I'd think it was a headdress, either as a female Vortixx or as the viceroy of the Visorak.

In WoS it looked like some sort of cloth thing, so I can imagine it being a headress or crown. After all, Roodaka was a high-ranking Vortixx.

I thought it looked organic (partly) in WOS, actually. Also, not sure why being biomechanical would make having hair not have sense. :P But I always assumed it was a biomechanical appendage mainly for decoration, not a headdress, though I suppose that's possible too.

As far as I could find, Biosector01 didn't have any information on the head piece/tail on both Roodaka or the Vortixx's page.

I over heard that the interesting tail like appendage was a head piece though I can't remember where I heard it! Personally, I prefer the tail-thingy to be part of the Vortixx anatomy but that could just be me. :shrugs:

Do you guys think it's something all Vortixx wear/have, or something just females wear/have?

I personally always thought of it as actual hair wrapped up in a ponytail, as some people wear it in real life. I don't see why it couldn't be real hair. I'm not saying that it is, but I wouldn't say it couldn't be either.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Do you guys think it's something all Vortixx wear/have, or something just females wear/have?

:shrugs: No clue.

I did a Greg hunt on this - turned up nothing. Well, the question was asked (sort of), but Greg didn't understand the question, and the poster didn't follow up, because he already knew the answer. That's great, but he didn't tell me the answer. :P

I assumed it was part of their anatomy because it reminded me of the head-tails of a twi'lek. Personally, I don't think the people of SM could even have hair, just 'cause I feel that it doesn't fit with the whole robotics and biomechanics theme, but that's for each fan to decide for him/herself. I'm going to stick with the head-tail idea, ha ha.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

I remember now where I read that: The Vortixx page on Maybe where you read it to? Anyway is an accurate source?

Edited by bonesiii
Sorry, we can't allow mention of that site. -bones

To me it always seemed to be a clump of cables sticking out of her head.

Quite literally? Yes, that's what it was. But you could argue that a Matoran's arm, for example, is just a jointed metal beam. But the discussion is more about what it represents in relation to real-life anatomy. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I wouldn't doubt if it was an organic head thing with no purpose. Attached to her, of course.

Edited by bonesiii
Let's not go there, yeah? -bones

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I'd say I'm with the crowd that considers it to be a decorative part of her anatomy.

That, or it's secretly a macguffin she intended to use if all her plans went horribly right. Don't ask.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. that green Roodaka clone is definitely not accurate. I think this picture from Bionicle World is, though:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:Xian_Visorak_Battle_Ram.png

In this picture, the male vortixx don't have "hair."

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

What the firetruck? These on Roodaka's head are not some "cables" (ehh, gonna puke). These are just natural hair, yes they are thick but haven't you seen Predator? Normal hair!

Hello and welcome ^^
Bionicle fan and follower from Lublin in Poland. Theoretician, nerd and figure collector. The same goes for Transformers and MLP:FiM and more sophisticated works of science fiction fantasy.
I'd like to be your friend my friends :)
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butterscotch.pl.

What the firetruck? These on Roodaka's head are not some "cables" (ehh, gonna puke). These are just natural hair, yes they are thick but haven't you seen Predator? Normal hair!

That is a rather strange response.Most BIONICLE species are 85% mechanical. I'd be more surprised if the Vortixx hair was actual hair than if it was hair-like semi-organic cable tentacle stuff. Edited by Katuko

Yeah, what does Predator have to do with it? That's a completely different story universe (no, haven't seen it; but it's irrelevant). I don't see why the makeup of a biomechanical being's head decoration would digust a human. I mean, it's not like face-clamping brains in Bohrok or anything gross, if it's just cables or the like (which we don't know either way). Bionicle's had things far more likely to induce such a response.

Hopefully you were kidding. :P

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Since the male Xians in the image linked a few posts back didn't have them, I'd say it's either a female-only gender addition thing or a status symbol.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause