Where's Spherus Magna's Sun and Moon?

So I know about how Spherus Magna was split into three, and Aqua Magna and Bota Magna acted as moons. But shouldn't there be a moon (or many moons because of it's SM's size) left over from before the Shattering? Also when the three planets were shown as the UDD, there was no Sun, and doesn't there have to be a Sun for there to be life on a planet? And also would there be other planets in the same solar system as SM? Maybe there could be life on those planets, possibly where some of the Great Beings fled to? Just wondering.

I'd expect the moons would have been too small or far out to see from the surface of SM with the naked eye (presuming they still existed prior to the Shattering. (I remember one of the characters refferencing pre-shattering as ,before Bara Magna had moons). However their absence from the UDD symbol may be because they were simply of no consequence to Mata Nui's mission.

I'm a little curious how anyone could miss that there was sunlight on Mata Nui, Voya Nui, Bota Magna and SM in general. :P

Anyways, to add to the previous posts, I'd recommend reading these pages:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Galactic_Universe

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Aqua_Magna

Here's a great image of Solis Magna:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/3/31/Comic_Great_Spirit_Teridax_Arriving_on_Bara_Magna.png

And of the moon orbiting AM:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/1/16/BioMoon.png

Also, Greg said the GBs are still on Spherus Magna somewhere; see here:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9273&p=527646

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Hm...

A few things to add for the Solis Magna part, I assume you mean this when Bara, Aqua, and Bota Magna form the UDD symbol. Realistically, the sun (or suns, seeing as Biosector01 states that Solis Magna is a binary star) wouldn't be visible there, as it seems like you're looking "down" onto the three chunks, so Solis Magna would be off-screen to the left, judging by the direction of light and all that good stuff.

And that's an interesting thought. Even though the GBs are still on Spherus Magna, wonder what other planets are around in that system.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'm a little curious how anyone could miss that there was sunlight on Mata Nui, Voya Nui, Bota Magna and SM in general. :P

Well of course I knew there was a sun because of the sunlight on those places, I was just confused because the space view of the UDD didn't show it, as Floridan Citrus explained. :)

Also speaking of light, how were the cycles of night and day maintained within the MU? Did Mata Nui have to manually control the amount of light at day and at night, or was there a built in lighting system that dims the light at night or something like that?

Well of course I knew there was a sun because of the sunlight on those places, I was just confused because the space view of the UDD didn't show it, as Floridan Citrus explained. :)

Also speaking of light, how were the cycles of night and day maintained within the MU? Did Mata Nui have to manually control the amount of light at day and at night, or was there a built in lighting system that dims the light at night or something like that?

That's actually a good question, one I've been wondering about myself. Does Mata Nui decide to "go to sleep" and it's night everywhere in the MU? Is there a giant robot asleep floating in space? :P Metru Nui Matoran were given work shifts, so I sort of doubt it. I think it is an automatic system, that Mata Nui didn't pay attention to, having to stay awake to avoid space meteors and whatnot.

To quote BS01:

Mata Nui could control every aspect of the universe within his body, from maintaining gravity, to ensuring heat.

From what I've read, he pretty much had control over everything, save what the MU inhabitants themselves did. Basically, as long as everyone kept him running, he could maintain the conditions needed for everyone to live comfortably and keep him running. And you'll notice that even while asleep for all those years, he was still able to maintain the day-and-night cycle. I've long since forgotten where I read it, but it is a massive lighting-system that dims at "night". I believe the stars are, in fact, the giant light-bulbs that make up the "sky" in the MU. Think of a giant, spherical screen. Anyhow, my guess is that the day-and-night system only became "automatic" after he succumbed to the virus and collapsed on AM, though it may have been automatic even before that. Either way, he had the power to adjust it at any time; not that he would have made any drastic changes, though; that would only throw off the poor Matoran, ha ha.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |