• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Kanohi Zatth 'unadapted' version

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 440 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 03:46 PM

The Ignika turned the Toa Inika into Toa Mahri, giving them the ability to breathe underwater; Part of this transformation was to make the masks 'water-adapted', meaning just like their Inika masks their form/shape wasn't exactly indicative of what the mask was 'originally' to look like on land. For one of my MOCS, a being I just called the Toa of the Green, I started thinking about the Zatth he wears and if it would look like a water-adapted version despite him never being underwater. So, A quick trip into photoshop to create him in 'movie form', and I wound up making what I believed would be the 'land' version of the Zatth;

Posted ImageThumbnail. Click HERE for the full-sized version 

I'm thinking now of attempting this sort of thing with the other Mahri kanohi, though I'm unsure if I'll actually go through with it. I know my perspective is off on this too (always been bad at it). But still, do tell me what you think of this version of the Zatth!

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters: 
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics)                         SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth)                        MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)                      

#2 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 04:27 PM

This makes sense, actually.  The beard-like structure in the mask just has "Wise and Noble Wizard" Written all over it IMO, so summoning beasts seems quite fitting with your version of the mask.  The Art style is nice, Showing the main features and shapes while not dwelling too much on other detail, so the main features are clearer and easier to distinguish.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#3 Offline Silverglass

Silverglass
  • Members
  • Toa

• 181 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 04:40 PM

Lovely work, Almanax. :D Nice and simple, not dwelling too much on detail (in a good way), as Bulik said. Only thing I might suggest is dropping the module on the back of the head entirely, since that was part of the underwater theme for Kongu's mask, but that's up to you, of course! Again, nicely done. I'd love to see more of this MOC of yours. :)

If you have noticed this notice, you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing.

#4 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,955 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 05:30 PM

Pretty nice, actually. I like the details and such. One thing I got to say is that the mask at the right eye looks too thin, like almost 2D.

#5 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 440 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 12:36 AM

The back of the head thing? Oh, right. Silly me - that was part of the MOC drawing I forgot to remove for posting this *sweatdrop*

Thanks for the comments. I'll take these into consideration in future!

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters: 
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics)                         SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth)                        MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)                      

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users