BS01: Exclusive BIONICLE Art Piece Choices

Swert

Exclusive BIONICLE Art Piece Choices  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since all the votes are relatively close, we're bringing it back in to staff discussion; we should have a decision fairly soon, hopefully by tomorrow.Scenes are looking unlikely, unfortunately, it'll just be a character shot (although Lesovikk should get his Sea Sled). Feel free to share some more opinions, but we're definitely factoring in all these thoughts.

I voted for Axonn. He was always one of my favorite characters in the storyline (and his set was great too), so I'd love for that option to be chosen.

If not Axonn though. I'd go with Lesovikk being my second choice.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Yeah, I'm honestly keeping more track of what people have to say than the actual poll numbers. The poll was just to help provide a focal point where I could see everybody's ideas, and how they feel about certain characters.

That's good, because I wouldn't mind changing my vote now. I'd switch to Krakua, but someone earlier also mentioned the entire Chroniclers Company, which would be even better.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

We've already seen '03 Teridax in comic form, and that was done by the artist. We've also seen Axonn in comic form, so I don't care to see him. What I would like is to see a character who didn't appear in the comics to be drawn, such as Lesovikk (and his sea-sled), Krakua, or Gaardus. That's why I voted for Lesovikk.

I voted other, in the hopes that the commission would be for the Mata Nui robot, under Teridax's control. That would be awesome.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

• 7 months later...

This has been addressed a few times. We can't do Artakha (or any other characters without an image) because this picture isn't to establish canon, it's just to see Carlos D'Anda drawing Bionicle again. He can't draw something that doesn't have an established appearance.

EDIT: By the way, any progress?

Edited by Click

This has been addressed a few times. We can't do Artakha (or any other characters without an image) because this picture isn't to establish canon, it's just to see Carlos D'Anda drawing Bionicle again. He can't draw something that doesn't have an established appearance.

EDIT: By the way, any progress?

And what about something we have seen, but very little, such as a great being (apart from velika).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Voted for Teridax's Vortex Form

Vortex Makuta. I would pay for a high resolution print of that.

I would do the same; I'd even frame it. I always liked to imagine different ways that the vortex form could look, considering that we only get a brief glimpse of it in the MNOLG.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

• 1 month later...

I voted other, in the hopes that the commission would be for the Mata Nui robot, under Teridax's control. That would be awesome.

I voted for 2003 Makuta, but I'd change my vote to the Mata Nui robot if that was an option. We could really use a 2001-style illustration of that.

• Upvote 2

I see this is quite an old thread, did the piece ever get commisioned?

Unfortunately not. Swert was supposed to corner him at ECCC (I was working, shucks) but we didn't get an official commission (although he remembers our previous attempts, so we're not forgotten, at least). Nothing's changed besides that.

I voted for 2003 Makuta, but I'd change my vote to the Mata Nui robot if that was an option. We could really use a 2001-style illustration of that.

Ideally it would be a set, since that was a lot of the appeal of D'Anda's are style..

Not to be intrusive, but has he been emailed recently to remind him of the request? Have you specifically heard that he was busy, or otherwise occupied with other request/series at this time?

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

The last time I spoke with him he said he was too busy, and Swert said that he admitted to having a penchant for overbooking and having to sideline requests.

Regardless of his response, it's at least good to know that he's been in contact with the BS01 staff, yourself and Swert included. I definitely should have mentioned something about it to him when I saw him at the ECC last weekend.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

AAZZ.jpg

Hehe, if he's so busy, surely a larger amount might help make him more interested.

I wouldn't think so; considering that he's still needed to postpone the completion of the commission several months after he was originally notified that the necessary funds had been raised, he's probably in the midst of several other major, long-term projects which he has committed himself to. He isn't just doing nothing.

AAZZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

While I voted for Gaardus, there are a few others I'd be interested in as well, so here's a list:

Krakua

Lesovikk

Chroniclers Company

Matoran exiting the MU onto Spherus Magna

Pohatu and Kopaka exploring spherus magna

Orde, Zaria, Chiara and Gelu vs. the Vorox

Velika as a Great Being, carving the memorial stone (or whatever you call it)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can find Carlos D'Anda on Deviant Art.

Absolutely anyone may contact him, or leave a message to him. Especially if he has already been informed, then I'm sure arrangements can be made. How many fans donated to this? Is the money still around? Who's responsible?

I took the money and ran away, and am living comfortably abroad on this cash for the rest of my life.

No but seriously I've contacted him before on DA, but unless he specifically is taking commissions, he's not open to working on anything. He's also directly said (to the community and to me) that he's horrible with keeping up with who sends him messages, so there's plenty of other people who wind up in the same boat. I'm always checking to see if he's available though (and I'll send him the occasional comment or note every few months), and I thought I could have him cornered at ECCC, but SOMEONE let me down *cough*Swert*cough* since I was working then >:

Anyway, the money is still there (despite some recent issues with Paypal who are a royal pain to deal with), so not much has changed.

Well, I hope it happens eventually. No rush. :)

-NotS

Me too! Especially since BIONICLE seems to be making a reappearance. Somewhat less urgent, but still. I'm confident that we'll get 'im eventually, but I couldn't give you a time as to when.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what will be really funny, or bad? If BIONICLE comes back before this is completed. 

Would the return of BIONICLE affect this? As in, this picture being canon?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

• 3 weeks later...

You know what will be really funny, or bad? If BIONICLE comes back before this is completed. 

Would the return of BIONICLE affect this? As in, this picture being canon?

Completed? It hasn't even started yet.

• Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

The only reason I cared about this little thing here, was because I was desparate for new BIONICLE stuff.

2015 is here soon. This thing is STILL on the BS01 home page. 

Oh yes, I'd also like to change my vote to 'Fikou'. 

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh