• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

BS01: Exclusive BIONICLE Art Piece Choices

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Exclusive BIONICLE Art Piece Choices

Which character should we commission?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 03:23 PM

Since all the votes are relatively close, we're bringing it back in to staff discussion; we should have a decision fairly soon, hopefully by tomorrow.Scenes are looking unlikely, unfortunately, it'll just be a character shot (although Lesovikk should get his Sea Sled). Feel free to share some more opinions, but we're definitely factoring in all these thoughts.

Posted Image

#42 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,657 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 05:53 PM

I voted for Axonn. He was always one of my favorite characters in the storyline (and his set was great too), so I'd love for that option to be chosen.

If not Axonn though. I'd go with Lesovikk being my second choice.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#43 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,778 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, I'm honestly keeping more track of what people have to say than the actual poll numbers. The poll was just to help provide a focal point where I could see everybody's ideas, and how they feel about certain characters.

That's good, because I wouldn't mind changing my vote now.  I'd switch to Krakua, but someone earlier also mentioned the entire Chroniclers Company, which would be even better.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#44 Offline Bold Clone

Bold Clone
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 924 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 02:13 PM

We've already seen '03 Teridax in comic form, and that was done by the artist. We've also seen Axonn in comic form, so I don't care to see him. What I would like is to see a character who didn't appear in the comics to be drawn, such as Lesovikk (and his sea-sled), Krakua, or Gaardus. That's why I voted for Lesovikk.

#45 Offline Kon

Kon
  • Members
  • Toa

• 166 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 03:11 PM

I've said this in the other thread, but no harm saying the same here, it's Lesovikk for me too. 

wearewaiting.gif

#46 Offline Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Damaracx The Mad Scientist
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,859 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2013 - 10:30 PM

[color=#ff0000;]It was a difficult choice between Shadow Titan Makuta and Vortex Makuta, but in the end I chose Shadow Titan Makuta.[/color]

#47 Offline Vakama-san

Vakama-san
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 07:55 AM

I voted other, in the hopes that the commission would be for the Mata Nui robot, under Teridax's control. That would be awesome.

Cave-Story--CHAR_160w.gif

#48 Offline The Malicious Phantom

The Malicious Phantom
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 08:37 AM

There was already one of those done. :|

#49 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 01:13 PM

While I, personally think those $200 could've been WAY better invested in the bought of BIONICLE 2 - City Of Legends game, I voted for Teridax. Just be sure not to make those thighs too big! (common problem)

-G u u R a h K

#50 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 30 2013 - 12:57 PM

I don't know. I may curl up and cry in a ball because I love both Krakua and Takua.

why can't we have varian though

Taipu still won't love me.

tumblr_mn04u212Bs1rlaa4qo1_r1_500.png

taipu

i love you

love me back

my darling taipu

#51 Offline skratchR

skratchR
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts

Posted Dec 25 2013 - 08:53 AM

What about artakha? We have never seen a picture of him nor of his mask, and he is a really important character.

#52 Offline Click

Click
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,174 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2013 - 11:23 PM

This has been addressed a few times. We can't do Artakha (or any other characters without an image) because this picture isn't to establish canon, it's just to see Carlos D'Anda drawing Bionicle again. He can't draw something that doesn't have an established appearance.

EDIT: By the way, any progress?

Edited by Click, Dec 25 2013 - 11:24 PM.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

I've joined the BZPRPG. See my profiles here.

See the collection of my writings as well as previews of those to come in The Scarabax Library.

#53 Offline skratchR

skratchR
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts

Posted Dec 29 2013 - 10:50 AM

This has been addressed a few times. We can't do Artakha (or any other characters without an image) because this picture isn't to establish canon, it's just to see Carlos D'Anda drawing Bionicle again. He can't draw something that doesn't have an established appearance.

EDIT: By the way, any progress?

And what about something we have seen, but very little, such as a great being (apart from velika).

#54 Offline Click

Click
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,174 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well, we've only really seen silhouettes of GBs, so it isn't much to work off of, so I would assume that would be a no.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

I've joined the BZPRPG. See my profiles here.

See the collection of my writings as well as previews of those to come in The Scarabax Library.

#55 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2014 - 04:02 PM

I voted for Lesovikk with Axonn as a close second.

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#56 Offline Illuminatus

Illuminatus
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,172 posts

Posted Jan 12 2014 - 09:55 PM

Vortex Makuta. I would pay for a high resolution print of that.

illuminati_bionicle_180.png

#57 Offline Artakha's Nephew

Artakha's Nephew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 204 posts

Posted Feb 04 2014 - 01:11 AM

Voted for Teridax's Vortex Form

Vortex Makuta. I would pay for a high resolution print of that.

I would do the same; I'd even frame it. I always liked to imagine different ways that the vortex form could look, considering that we only get a brief glimpse of it in the MNOLG.

I can also be found on XONAR's Bionicle fansite solismagna.com, as well as the Biomedia Project and BS01. I'm under the username Artakha's Nephew on Solis Magna and BS01 on, and MB99 on the Biomedia Project. Check out Solis Magna, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend the hand-drawn comic Diaries of Destral, by Stroxx.

Check out a sneak preview of Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.|http://www.bzpower.c...terious-island/

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

:a: :r: :t: :a: :k: :h: :a: :s:  :n:: :e: :m_p: :h:: :e:: :w:

#58 Offline dragonzrmetal

dragonzrmetal
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 71 posts

Posted Mar 27 2014 - 02:53 PM

I see this is quite an old thread, did the piece ever get commisioned?

rw17vBD.jpg

#59 Offline Wrinkledlion X

Wrinkledlion X
  • Premier Member
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,953 posts

Posted Mar 30 2014 - 03:13 PM

I voted other, in the hopes that the commission would be for the Mata Nui robot, under Teridax's control. That would be awesome.

I voted for 2003 Makuta, but I'd change my vote to the Mata Nui robot if that was an option. We could really use a 2001-style illustration of that. 

#60 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2014 - 01:26 PM

I see this is quite an old thread, did the piece ever get commisioned?

Unfortunately not. Swert was supposed to corner him at ECCC (I was working, shucks) but we didn't get an official commission (although he remembers our previous attempts, so we're not forgotten, at least). Nothing's changed besides that.

I voted for 2003 Makuta, but I'd change my vote to the Mata Nui robot if that was an option. We could really use a 2001-style illustration of that.

Ideally it would be a set, since that was a lot of the appeal of D'Anda's are style..

Posted Image

#61 Offline Artakha's Nephew

Artakha's Nephew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 204 posts

Posted Apr 04 2014 - 10:17 PM

Not to be intrusive, but has he been emailed recently to remind him of the request? Have you specifically heard that he was busy, or otherwise occupied with other request/series at this time?

I can also be found on XONAR's Bionicle fansite solismagna.com, as well as the Biomedia Project and BS01. I'm under the username Artakha's Nephew on Solis Magna and BS01 on, and MB99 on the Biomedia Project. Check out Solis Magna, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend the hand-drawn comic Diaries of Destral, by Stroxx.

Check out a sneak preview of Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.|http://www.bzpower.c...terious-island/

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#62 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 01:09 AM

The last time I spoke with him he said he was too busy, and Swert said that he admitted to having a penchant for overbooking and having to sideline requests.

Posted Image

#63 Offline Artakha's Nephew

Artakha's Nephew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 204 posts

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 07:29 PM

The last time I spoke with him he said he was too busy, and Swert said that he admitted to having a penchant for overbooking and having to sideline requests.

Regardless of his response, it's at least good to know that he's been in contact with the BS01 staff, yourself and Swert included. I definitely should have mentioned something about it to him when I saw him at the ECC last weekend.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew, Apr 05 2014 - 07:29 PM.

-- Greg Farshtey

#64 Offline dragonzrmetal

dragonzrmetal
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 71 posts

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hehe, if he's so busy, surely a larger amount might help make him more interested.

rw17vBD.jpg

#65 Offline Artakha's Nephew

Artakha's Nephew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 204 posts

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hehe, if he's so busy, surely a larger amount might help make him more interested.

I wouldn't think so; considering that he's still needed to postpone the completion of the commission several months after he was originally notified that the necessary funds had been raised, he's probably in the midst of several other major, long-term projects which he has committed himself to. He isn't just doing nothing.

-- Greg Farshtey

#66 Offline UngluedBike

UngluedBike
  • Members
  • Toa

• 144 posts

Posted Apr 21 2014 - 10:42 AM

Other please = Tarakava

76561198057888027.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users