• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

BS01: Exclusive BIONICLE Art Piece Choices

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Exclusive BIONICLE Art Piece Choices

Which character should we commission?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 30-January 06
  • 5,895 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 03:23 PM

Since all the votes are relatively close, we're bringing it back in to staff discussion; we should have a decision fairly soon, hopefully by tomorrow.Scenes are looking unlikely, unfortunately, it'll just be a character shot (although Lesovikk should get his Sea Sled). Feel free to share some more opinions, but we're definitely factoring in all these thoughts.

Posted Image

#42 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 09-April 10
  • 5,388 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 05:53 PM

I voted for Axonn. He was always one of my favorite characters in the storyline (and his set was great too), so I'd love for that option to be chosen.

If not Axonn though. I'd go with Lesovikk being my second choice.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#43 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,784 posts

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, I'm honestly keeping more track of what people have to say than the actual poll numbers. The poll was just to help provide a focal point where I could see everybody's ideas, and how they feel about certain characters.

That's good, because I wouldn't mind changing my vote now.  I'd switch to Krakua, but someone earlier also mentioned the entire Chroniclers Company, which would be even better.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#44 Offline Bold Clone

Bold Clone
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 28-July 05
  • 924 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 02:13 PM

We've already seen '03 Teridax in comic form, and that was done by the artist. We've also seen Axonn in comic form, so I don't care to see him. What I would like is to see a character who didn't appear in the comics to be drawn, such as Lesovikk (and his sea-sled), Krakua, or Gaardus. That's why I voted for Lesovikk.

#45 Offline LaputanMachine

LaputanMachine
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-July 10
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 03:11 PM

I've said this in the other thread, but no harm saying the same here, it's Lesovikk for me too. 

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

#46 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2013 - 10:30 PM

[color=#ff0000;]It was a difficult choice between Shadow Titan Makuta and Vortex Makuta, but in the end I chose Shadow Titan Makuta.[/color]

#47 Offline Vakama-san

Vakama-san
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-October 12
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 07:55 AM

I voted other, in the hopes that the commission would be for the Mata Nui robot, under Teridax's control. That would be awesome.
Posted Image

#48 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,264 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 08:37 AM

There was already one of those done. :|

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#49 Offline Sir Guurahk The Third

Sir Guurahk The Third
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 13-December 11
  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 01:13 PM

While I, personally think those $200 could've been WAY better invested in the bought of BIONICLE 2 - City Of Legends game, I voted for Teridax. Just be sure not to make those thighs too big! (common problem)

-G u u R a h K

#50 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 17-December 09
  • 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 30 2013 - 12:57 PM

I don't know. I may curl up and cry in a ball because I love both Krakua and Takua.

why can't we have varian though

I no longer need Taipu as I have achieved the impossible.

I have girlfriend.

the atlantic was born today

and i'll tell you how

the clouds above opened up

and let it out

#51 Offline skratchR

skratchR
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 17-May 13
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2013 - 08:53 AM

What about artakha? We have never seen a picture of him nor of his mask, and he is a really important character.

#52 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-May 09
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2013 - 11:23 PM

This has been addressed a few times. We can't do Artakha (or any other characters without an image) because this picture isn't to establish canon, it's just to see Carlos D'Anda drawing Bionicle again. He can't draw something that doesn't have an established appearance.

EDIT: By the way, any progress?

Edited by Click, Dec 25 2013 - 11:24 PM.

~click.gif

ninjathumb_by_0nuku-d807hxd.jpg14931368843_5d9241e78e.jpg

Rahkshi CorpusBZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#53 Offline skratchR

skratchR
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 17-May 13
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2013 - 10:50 AM

This has been addressed a few times. We can't do Artakha (or any other characters without an image) because this picture isn't to establish canon, it's just to see Carlos D'Anda drawing Bionicle again. He can't draw something that doesn't have an established appearance.

EDIT: By the way, any progress?

And what about something we have seen, but very little, such as a great being (apart from velika).

#54 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-May 09
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well, we've only really seen silhouettes of GBs, so it isn't much to work off of, so I would assume that would be a no.

~click.gif

ninjathumb_by_0nuku-d807hxd.jpg14931368843_5d9241e78e.jpg

Rahkshi CorpusBZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#55 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,053 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2014 - 04:02 PM

I voted for Lesovikk with Axonn as a close second.

15808388115_8c1c60dd46_m.jpg

#56 Offline Illuminatus

Illuminatus
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-January 05
  • 5,191 posts

Posted Jan 12 2014 - 09:55 PM

Vortex Makuta. I would pay for a high resolution print of that.

illuminati_bionicle_180.png

#57 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2014 - 01:11 AM

Voted for Teridax's Vortex Form

Vortex Makuta. I would pay for a high resolution print of that.

I would do the same; I'd even frame it. I always liked to imagine different ways that the vortex form could look, considering that we only get a brief glimpse of it in the MNOLG.

I'm going to be busy with family matters for a while. Please be patient with responses to PMs, posts, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

Bionicle is returning in 2015!

#58 Offline dragonzrmetal

dragonzrmetal
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 26-March 14
  • 75 posts

Posted Mar 27 2014 - 02:53 PM

I see this is quite an old thread, did the piece ever get commisioned?

rw17vBD.jpg

#59 Offline Wrinkledlion X

Wrinkledlion X
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 26-January 03
  • 5,072 posts

Posted Mar 30 2014 - 03:13 PM

I voted other, in the hopes that the commission would be for the Mata Nui robot, under Teridax's control. That would be awesome.

I voted for 2003 Makuta, but I'd change my vote to the Mata Nui robot if that was an option. We could really use a 2001-style illustration of that. 

#60 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 30-January 06
  • 5,895 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 03 2014 - 01:26 PM

I see this is quite an old thread, did the piece ever get commisioned?

Unfortunately not. Swert was supposed to corner him at ECCC (I was working, shucks) but we didn't get an official commission (although he remembers our previous attempts, so we're not forgotten, at least). Nothing's changed besides that.

I voted for 2003 Makuta, but I'd change my vote to the Mata Nui robot if that was an option. We could really use a 2001-style illustration of that.

Ideally it would be a set, since that was a lot of the appeal of D'Anda's are style..

Posted Image

#61 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2014 - 10:17 PM

Not to be intrusive, but has he been emailed recently to remind him of the request? Have you specifically heard that he was busy, or otherwise occupied with other request/series at this time?

I'm going to be busy with family matters for a while. Please be patient with responses to PMs, posts, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

#62 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 30-January 06
  • 5,895 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 01:09 AM

The last time I spoke with him he said he was too busy, and Swert said that he admitted to having a penchant for overbooking and having to sideline requests.

Posted Image

#63 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 07:29 PM

The last time I spoke with him he said he was too busy, and Swert said that he admitted to having a penchant for overbooking and having to sideline requests.

Regardless of his response, it's at least good to know that he's been in contact with the BS01 staff, yourself and Swert included. I definitely should have mentioned something about it to him when I saw him at the ECC last weekend.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew, Apr 05 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#64 Offline dragonzrmetal

dragonzrmetal
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 26-March 14
  • 75 posts

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hehe, if he's so busy, surely a larger amount might help make him more interested.

rw17vBD.jpg

#65 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hehe, if he's so busy, surely a larger amount might help make him more interested.

I wouldn't think so; considering that he's still needed to postpone the completion of the commission several months after he was originally notified that the necessary funds had been raised, he's probably in the midst of several other major, long-term projects which he has committed himself to. He isn't just doing nothing.

#66 Offline UngluedBike

UngluedBike
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 18-November 13
  • 762 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2014 - 10:42 AM

Other please = Tarakava

76561198057888027.png

My name is UngluedBike

I live in B/S/T

If you have a VMKK 

Don't hesitate to PM meeeeeee

My B/S/T topic: http://www.bzpower.c...uses-available/

#67 Offline creation

creation
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 06-July 14
  • 32 posts

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 01:48 PM

Any way we can contact Mr. D'Anda besides finding him at conventions?

I was Hahli on MakutaFest 2014. I started "Makuta Meso" and was asked to write Eljay fanfic. Read it here: http://www.bzpower.c...non/?hl=+cannon

Workin' on 1:1 Ga-Koro!

#68 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 09-January 11
  • 815 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 07:21 AM

While I voted for Gaardus, there are a few others I'd be interested in as well, so here's a list:

Krakua

Lesovikk

Chroniclers Company

Matoran exiting the MU onto Spherus Magna

Pohatu and Kopaka exploring spherus magna

Orde, Zaria, Chiara and Gelu vs. the Vorox

Velika as a Great Being, carving the memorial stone (or whatever you call it)

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#69 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 01-January 10
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 01:45 PM

Krakua.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

I won a Copper Huna from Makuta Fest 2014.

I never really win anything so this is special...

Check out my entries for the Battle for the Golden Mask. Be sure to leave your constructive critisism. From order of creation:

Omega Pridak

Omega Bad Guy

Dormendar Makardzya

Exo-Skakdi

Rahkshi of Heat Vision revamp (tentative title) 

"You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong — it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist — even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken."

#70 Offline Mendicant

Mendicant
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-August 14
  • 17 posts

Posted Sep 01 2014 - 07:49 PM

You can find Carlos D'Anda on Deviant Art.

Absolutely anyone may contact him, or leave a message to him. Especially if he has already been informed, then I'm sure arrangements can be made. How many fans donated to this? Is the money still around? Who's responsible?

-Charting The Red Star- A BIONICLE Series on YouTube

-You're really irritating.

-Does irritating mean "fun"?

#71 Offline Nidhiki of the Shadows

Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Into Karda Nui

• 04-June 04
  • 18,100 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 12:51 PM

Well, I hope it happens eventually. No rush. :)

-NotS

gaim_banner.png

Story Retread Progress:

:infected: Chronicles/Mata Nui (01-03) •  :vahi: Adventures/Metru Nui (04-05) •  :voyanui: Legends/Ignition (06-07-08) •  :hau: Bara Magna/Glatorian (09-11)

Current Year: Winter 2007 • Current Arc: Prisoners of the Pit

#72 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 30-January 06
  • 5,895 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 03:03 PM

You can find Carlos D'Anda on Deviant Art.

Absolutely anyone may contact him, or leave a message to him. Especially if he has already been informed, then I'm sure arrangements can be made. How many fans donated to this? Is the money still around? Who's responsible?

I took the money and ran away, and am living comfortably abroad on this cash for the rest of my life.

No but seriously I've contacted him before on DA, but unless he specifically is taking commissions, he's not open to working on anything. He's also directly said (to the community and to me) that he's horrible with keeping up with who sends him messages, so there's plenty of other people who wind up in the same boat. I'm always checking to see if he's available though (and I'll send him the occasional comment or note every few months), and I thought I could have him cornered at ECCC, but SOMEONE let me down *cough*Swert*cough* since I was working then >:

Anyway, the money is still there (despite some recent issues with Paypal who are a royal pain to deal with), so not much has changed.

Well, I hope it happens eventually. No rush. :)

-NotS

Me too! Especially since BIONICLE seems to be making a reappearance. Somewhat less urgent, but still. I'm confident that we'll get 'im eventually, but I couldn't give you a time as to when.

Posted Image

#73 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members

• 01-January 10
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2014 - 05:53 PM

You know what will be really funny, or bad? If BIONICLE comes back before this is completed. 

Would the return of BIONICLE affect this? As in, this picture being canon?

Check out my entries for the Battle for the Golden Mask. Be sure to leave your constructive critisism. From order of creation:

Omega Pridak

Omega Bad Guy

Dormendar Makardzya

Exo-Skakdi

"You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong — it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist — even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken."

#74 Online Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 11-March 11
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2014 - 06:11 PM

You know what will be really funny, or bad? If BIONICLE comes back before this is completed. 

I don't think this picture affects canon, it's just a piece of art depicting an already-pictured character.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

3DS FC: 2681-0566-5359

#75 Offline UngluedBike

UngluedBike
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 18-November 13
  • 762 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2014 - 11:44 AM

Completed? It hasn't even started yet.

76561198057888027.png

My name is UngluedBike

I live in B/S/T

If you have a VMKK 

Don't hesitate to PM meeeeeee

My B/S/T topic: http://www.bzpower.c...uses-available/

#76 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members

• 01-January 10
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2014 - 07:32 PM

The only reason I cared about this little thing here, was because I was desparate for new BIONICLE stuff.

2015 is here soon. This thing is STILL on the BS01 home page. 

Oh yes, I'd also like to change my vote to 'Fikou'. 

Edited by Boidoh, Oct 14 2014 - 07:35 PM.

Omega Pridak

Omega Bad Guy

Dormendar Makardzya

Exo-Skakdi

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users