IC: INstead of landing, the Shei-Al ship merely hovered over the indicated landing point. Curiosity took a second seat to caution. Or suspicion if you wanted the alliteration. They did not. They would wait until some form of greeting party was sent out to meet them, and they knew they wouldn't be instantly swallowed up by the trees

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Suddenly, there was a rustling movement. From out of the trees stepped three physically identical creatures- about four feet tall, rotund mammals covered in orange fur with large yellow mustaches. Attached to the shoulder of each was a small white rabbit.The creatures stopped about 10 feet from the craft, and awaited a response.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

System 25:

The spaces within the space station were, as ground-penetrating radar quickly revealed, only about sixty centimeters at their largest, with what seemed to be hallways being only nineteen centimeters across.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

System 25

IC: After wondering how something that seemed to have such a small size could make something so big, the boarding party was switched from soldiers to robots. Similar to the one from before, the group of remote controlled robots entered the station, looking for anything that could be used as a dataport or any sort of machinery.

While this was being done, one of the crewmembers put forward the theory that perhaps the station was an unmanned one. Designed to be operated autonomously with the occasional repair done by drones.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:A possible data port was located, and in fact several dozen were found; gold plated slots about four millimeters across. Naturally the technology was completely incompatible with anything the visitors had.An obvious life support system had been included in the station, producing an atmosphere resembling that of the terrestrial planet below.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

System 25

IC: After taking exact measurements of the dataports, the drones headed back and were thoroughly decontaminated. It was decided to head to the terrestrial world that matched the atmosphere found in the station, hopefully some answers could be found there.

Pulling away from the station, the scoutship headed towards the planet, sending a clear signal ahead of them in case there was anyone alive to hear it. It would not do to get shot out of the sky because somebody thought they were invading with such a tiny ship.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

System 25

The planet emitted no signals, used no power, and gave no signs of sentient life. The high background radiations, coupled with the devastation in the area, visible even from space, made it fairly obvious what happened here.

The vast majority of the satellites in orbit were unstable, constantly falling into the atmosphere and burning up. There had once been thousands, but now only hundreds remained.

-Rover

System 25

IC: Deciding that the cities had too much radiation, the ship headed for the remains of a medium sized town a far distance away. Once there, a shore party comprised of soldiers and robots began a sweep, passing through the houses and heading towards the main government building. It was hoped that they could at least find a picture of what the aliens had looked like before they were wiped out.

OOC: Space elevator finished. Construction on a Tiara Ring started. Finished 5/15

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Carus [system 58]

Ma Heen Gun looked at the Latrans as it left the atmosphere, containing the Aureus inside of it. It was going to the gas giant of the Carus's system, Mahigan. The ship would begin colonization of the world's satellites, and then the Carus would leave their planet.

The unresponsiveness of the Apocitrix was troubling, but Ma Heen Gun shrugged it off. They would meet other races in their time, other civilizations in time. The Carus would be a great race.

On board the Latrans, technicians were calculating how long it would take to colonize the planet, and were scanning the moons to get the best idea of the planet. They couldn't know what the planet was like until they did this.

At the same time, Ma Heen Gun was analyzing the plans laid in front of him. The Carus would build something new, something great.

OOC:

May Second reached, Latrans complete.

May Third reached, Aureus complete.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

System 25

Clearly, everything had been designed for creatures roughly four centimeters tall. The entire world was a massive ruin, and the soldiers didn't chance upon anything of archeological significance for a while.

Were they to move towards the center of the town, where a few eight meter skyscrapers stood, the soldiers could spot a rather interesting sight. An insectoid creature with four legs, two massive prismatic wings, compound eyes, and a thick hairy body a meter and a half long was perched atop one of the skyscrapers. In the miniature cityscape below, a bipedal lizard with thick legs and iridescent blue snowflake-like spikes on its back was battering at the skyscraper, tearing through supports and trying to tear it down. It succeeded, forcing the insect into the air. Stepping back from the building, it opened its mouth and actually spat a fireball at the insect, which winged out of the way before turning back towards the lizard; its wings seemed to glow, and a bolt of lightning flew from the insect. The lizard was saved only by the falling building, which fell in front of the lighting bolt.

-Rover

OOC: Shame you didn't bring Gigan into this. I would pay good money for your description of a stupid plucked cyclops chicken with scythe hands and a buzzsaw belly.

Anyway, screw Tuesday. Noticing the disco ball now... er.

What part of system eight did it pass through? How big is the disco ball?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

System 25

IC: While not nearly as huge as in comparison to the rest of the city, the pair of things were still nearly half as tall again as the soldier, prompting them to take cover behind the different pieces of rubble that cluttered the landscape. Most of the Kohzan looked out from behind from behind their cover via guncams while the one who did not, got on the radio.

"Uhh, command? Mind telling me what we are looking at, cause this looks like one of those monster movies that were all the craze a couple hundred years ago."

There was a minute of silence as the command crew starred at the pictures the guncams and robots were showing, this time it was not stunned silence. Strengths and weaknesses were being assessed as well as additional abilities based on bone structure, likely muscle density, skin or exoskeleton composition. Likely mental characteristics were also being simulated.

"Stay put soldier and try not to die. Even if these two look and act like brute beasts they may be intelligent, you never know. We will be sending the most likely profile we come up with to your HUDs soon. Untill then, try to avoid being seen."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Something else burned in the skies of Szak Ammah Xhal today. A needle-like vessel piercing what passed for an atmosphere on the planet, blazing a trail of boiling air behind it. It exited the planet's orbit, heading swiftly for the blue-green world beyond the fiery glare of the sun's immediate horizon. Once it reached the terrestrial world, it began splitting off into segments, each one an identical (if shorter) cone-shaped copy of the original. They cirlced round to different parts of the world before blasting down through its atmosphere, slamming into land. They used the immediate craters their impact had exploded into the earth as a start to begin tunnelling down, drills and plasma augers burning through land until they reached the real target - the magma far beneath the surface...

OOC: So Xom, how long does it take to upgrade colonial levels? Since that's now how a colony upgrades it money/CHON output (which you still don't seem to have made a mention of anywhere btw)

IC: The Shei-Al left their ship to meet their hosts. They of course were in their Drakk constructs, which looked like spiders made by a blind madman. The body was round but lumpy and jagged, as the Shei-Al had no need for elegance when carving the things. They had numerous 'eyes' of gemstones dotted around the central hub, giving them vision everywhere at once. Same went for the legs; there were over a dozen just poking out wherever they felt legs were needed. As such the Drakk didn't walk so much as rolled in a controlled fashion

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

(Sanglunar Infiltrator-class outside of inhabited world)

The captain set the scanners to look for a spot big enough to set down on the planet. Finding a clear spot, the ship began to descend, going through the reentry heat. After a bumpy ride, the corvette landed, and the science teams unloaded, followed by the on-board diplomat and the two marines the captain had selected.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Power, 5 days of not building anything else. I sent a revised Resource doc to Rover, but he's busy. It's in the Google Doc.

IC: Planet Kaiju

The battle, naturally cinematic as it was, came to an end when the moth was caught aflame by the lizard's breath; it crashed into the ground, and a sustained stream of flame cooked the moth entirely. Rather than eat its kill, the lizard turned around, facing towards the explorer team.

If any of them carried a Geiger counter, it would be clicking madly at this point.

-Rover

System 25

IC: The team held still barely breathing, in hopes that the monster would not see them. Guncams were still looking over the tops and sides of the rubble, letting the squad see what the giant lizard was doing. The Geiger counters that each suit carried spiked, sending the scientists monitoring the reading to go into a flurry of activity trying to figure out why.

After several minutes of calculations and hypothesizing, a massage was sent to the captains terminal with several possibilities.

"Away team be advised. Monster has possible internal fission reaction, probable location is in the central chest cavity, nowhere else has the necessary space. Do not remove any protective suit components while he is in the area, those fireballs are probably radioactive. If it turns out hostile you have permission to engage, just try to to kill it in any way that might cause a 'reactor breach' so to speak."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1