Machines of War

Sometime last year, I built one medium-sized mech based off of some Exo-force sets and the images we had of Kai's Fire Robot. This mech, which I now call the Dragon Claw, initially had no gold, but I felt that it looked too dull, so I gave it some gold highlights where I deemed appropriate.

And then, just a month or two ago, I built a skeleton-based mech for my brother, this one called Bone Raider. It's whole design started with the claw, and I decided to build a skeletal mech that fit that particular look. I figured I'd bring them to you all at once.

(Let me apologize in advance for the bad lighting--my equipment wasn't exactly cooperating when I took these pictures. Yes, the Dragon claw is dark blue, in case the pictures are worse than I thought.)

First up is the Dragon Claw:

Front

Back

Pose

Cockpit

Gallery

And here's Bone Raider:

Resting

Front

Back

Cockpit

Pose

Gallery

And the two battle machines together.

That's all for now. Next up will be a couple of starships. Until then, thanks for looking!

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Bone Raider looks very awesome with all the spikes and all, but I feel that the Dragon Claw is a bit too bland, even with the gold highlights. Have you ever considered adding a bit more machinery to it..y'know...to spruce it up a bit?? But the basic design is good nonetheless.Btw what are Bone Raider's heels made of??:tohu:

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Bone Raider looks very awesome with all the spikes and all, but I feel that the Dragon Claw is a bit too bland, even with the gold highlights. Have you ever considered adding a bit more machinery to it..y'know...to spruce it up a bit?? But the basic design is good nonetheless.Btw what are Bone Raider's heels made of?? :tohu:

I tried a couple different things with the design, and in the end I felt the more streamlined look worked for it.

I think its cut leg armor form stormer 1.0 i like bone raider the best reminds me of one of the robot medium mechs.

Thanks. No, I don't cut LEGO pieces. I barely like adding painted details to masks, let alone cutting them from their original shape to better fit a MOC.

No it's a piece of the old hockey sets, best known as a Certavus helmet.

Certavus helmet, yes, but it's actually the front plate of a minifig motorcycle.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Bone Raider looks very awesome with all the spikes and all, but I feel that the Dragon Claw is a bit too bland, even with the gold highlights. Have you ever considered adding a bit more machinery to it..y'know...to spruce it up a bit?? But the basic design is good nonetheless.Btw what are Bone Raider's heels made of?? :tohu:

I tried a couple different things with the design, and in the end I felt the more streamlined look worked for it.

>>I think its cut leg armor form stormer 1.0 i like bone raider the best reminds me of one of the robot medium mechs.

Thanks. No, I don't cut LEGO pieces. I barely like adding painted details to masks, let alone cutting them from their original shape to better fit a MOC.

No it's a piece of the old hockey sets, best known as a Certavus helmet.

Certavus helmet, yes, but it's actually the front plate of a minifig motorcycle.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

signoffffff.png

Do you have the piece ID for that? I need to order a couple for a MOC that I have in mind.

Edit: Never mind...I think I found it!!

:tohu:

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...

Really cool! Ever considered adding a light brick to the Dragon Claw, one of the old Exo-force ones, to light up the cord?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Really cool! Ever considered adding a light brick to the Dragon Claw, one of the old Exo-force ones, to light up the cord?

I actually have two extras of those lying around. I did try to add them to the design, but there wasn't an easy way to push the button that lights it up. On the other hand, if you have any suggestions on how I might do that, I'm open.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Exo-Force nostalgia attack(even though I didn't like it too much)...Dragon Claw looks sort of simple, because the body and leg designs don't really have anything really unique. I would suggest adding spikes or some other things to it, like you did with Bone Raider. The thing I liked about it is the hand things, they look pretty cool.I really like the legs on Bone Raider. The detail and stuff looks really nice on it, especially for the right leg. The spikes on the body at pretty impressive, like how you attached them. I got to say, the legs look a bit weird being asymmetrical.

I actually have two extras of those lying around. I did try to add them to the design, but there wasn't an easy way to push the button that lights it up. On the other hand, if you have any suggestions on how I might do that, I'm open.

signoffffff.png

*Sigh* I miss my light-up bricks. Anyways, the bone raider looks the best. But the green doesn't really help the color scheme. I would suggest making it grey or white.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

signoffffff.png

*Sigh* I miss my light-up bricks. Anyways, the bone raider looks the best. But the green doesn't really help the color scheme. I would suggest making it grey or white.

I built the Bone Raider for my brother. The green was his addition to it. I know I have a grey projectile for the launcher, but I don't recall whether or not I have any other colors of the antenna/satellite dish. I'd have to check on that.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~