Ōkami RPG Discussion Topic

Ōkami RPG Discussion Topic

Good day to you all, OTC Roleplayers. This is the Discussion Topic for the Ōkami RPG. Post all characters here for approval. Once they are approved by a staff member, you may begin playing from that point. Keep in mind that all rules that are abided by upon the main topic must be followed through here. Oh, and while this isn’t a rule, I suggest that if you have multiple characters you stick them all in one post somewhere on here; preferably, the first one. It makes life easier for everyone.

While I doubt an FAQ will ever be necessary, here is an AQ, where more questions will be added over time –

Q. What technology would/would not be allowed?

A. To clarify from the main topic, anything from 1000 AD or before then is allowed, regardless of location in the world. Cannons are also found, though it’s unlikely a person will be found carrying them around. The Cannon Namahage has theirs, but it’s more magic than anything. They’re demons. What is not allowed would be anything from after 1000 AD – however, something may slip past the radar and get approved by accident, and I doubt I’ll end up retconning it. Don’t expect miracles.

As numerous demons are shown during the story, or NPCs are given more description, I plan to keep short write ups and profiles here. The format will typically be as below, though with actual unique beings rather than common demons –

Green Imp

“Rude monkey-like creatures that harass and tease humans.

Whether frightening the locals or causing outbreaks of disease,

these troublemakers have proven to be the bane of humanity.

Said to hide in gloom places, they are portrayed as flauntists.”

Green Imps are quite short compared to humans, but dangerous nonetheless. They attack using an extendable wooden flute, and wear tattered green outfits with fluttering sleeves.

I would like to remind you to have respect for the staff. And by the staff, I mean my Co-GM, :Advent Aeternale:, for volunteering to fulfill the position. I couldn’t honestly care less about any special courtesies given to myself, because I’m known for going a little overboard. On the subject of staff, I may end up having to get other people at some point. But not ATM.

Oh, and product placement – if anything you see interests you and you have a PS2, PS3, or Wii, then for the love of Amaterasu get your hands on a copy of this game. If the visuals, soundtrack, or story don’t amaze you then I don’t honestly know what will.

Those who have played the game - no spoilers unless you've put 'em in tags.

Thanks Clover. Thanks Capcom.

And thank you.

Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Hmm, never thought I'd see an Okama RPG.

is there a source where you got all these ideas? I'd like to read it.

Okama - Okama is a Japanese slang term for transgender or homosexual.

Okami - Japanese word for wolf. May refer to either the normal animal or the magical creature. (Also the name of a game where you take on the role of Amaterasu, the sun goddess of Japanese myths.)

Two completely different things.

Name: Isamu

Species: Oina

Appearance: Isamu has dark green pants with an indigo belt, which matches in color with his undershirt and over shirt respectively. He has leather footwear, and metal armguards. Like most Oina, Isamu has a mask. Isamu’s mask bears the design of a dark green boar, with tusks coming out of the front of the mask, and small ears attached to the top. In his wolf form Isamu has primarily dark green fur, with indigo highlights.

Equipment: Isamu wields a Nodachi.(A Nodachi is a long curved sword)

Allegiance: Isamu is aligned with the Disciples of the Gods. More specifically, the Hana Valley base.

Personality: Isamu is a jack of all trades but a master of none. And he knows it. The fact that he is mundane at everything drives him crazy. He practices all the time, and never manages to perfect one of his many skills. However, unless you bring up his pet peeve, Isamu is usually a pretty nice guy.

Background: Isamu was born and raised in Wep’Keer. However, eventually he left and began exploring the rest of Nippon. However, as he traveled through the Northern Lands, he was accosted by a demon. He survived the fight, but only thanks to one of the Hana Valley Diciples. Said disciple took him to Hana Valley, where Isamu joined the Hana Valley’s group of Diciples.

Edited by Strong Arm BioBeast

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

Okama - Okama is a Japanese slang term for transgender or homosexual.

Learn something new every day.

The character looks good, so Isamu is approved.

is there a source where you got all these ideas? I'd like to read it.

The RPG itself is based off of the game Okami and its sequel, Okamiden. These games are, in turn, based upon Japanese folklore, myths and even real world persons. The actual premise of this exact game is just what seemed to fit at the time.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Hmm, never thought I'd see an Okama RPG. is there a source where you got all these ideas? I'd like to read it.

Okama - Okama is a Japanese slang term for transgender or homosexual.Okami - Japanese word for wolf. May refer to either the normal animal or the magical creature. (Also the name of a game where you take on the role of Amaterasu, the sun goddess of Japanese myths.) Two completely different things.

Aaagh! I knew that, but that was a typo.

One of the craziest typos of my life.

Anyway, I'll google those games, Levacius.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

So before I actually start playing, is there any plot to follow or are the PCs just running around fighting demons and other PCs?

I'll have an opening post up by the end of the day tomorrow. At the moment I'm preoccupied with finishing a History project and a forty slide powerpoint before the days end.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: