• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Gahlok Va, "humanized"

gahlok gahlok va bohrok bohrok va

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,243 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 03:52 PM

So, after I drew a Lehvak Va in more humanoid form, I felt like trying the other Va as well. Out of the ones I've drawn, Gahlok Va was the only one that really looked good to me. So here she is. Posted ImageShe may be a humble scout for the horde, but I'd advice you to not take her lightly as long as she's got that hook!

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated November 29th, 2014: Fixed issues with the Mangaia map, added Lava Launcher.
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#2 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 17-March 09
  • 1,367 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:14 PM

Whoa. That's cool. But the problem is that Bohrok and Bohrok Va are mechanical. They're not humanoid.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#3 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-October 07
  • 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:15 PM

Whoa. That's cool. But the problem is that Bohrok and Bohrok Va are mechanical. They're not humanoid.

That's the point of drawing "humanized" sets. To see what they'd be like if they were.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

unseen_light_banner.jpg

Click here for my other stories!

#4 Offline Eeko

Eeko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 31-August 08
  • 4,288 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 05:29 PM

Aggh! It's even more adorable than the last!Also, major props for making a female a normal female figure. Despite the chibi-ish style, she's still clearly female, which isn't easy to do.

jlovfkk.jpg

#5 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,243 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 02:41 AM

That's the point of drawing "humanized" sets. To see what they'd be like if they were.

Yeah, this was sort of an exercise in drawing a character in a very different form while still keeping it recognizable.

Aggh! It's even more adorable than the last!Also, major props for making a female a normal female figure. Despite the chibi-ish style, she's still clearly female, which isn't easy to do.

Smooth, sleek lines, combined with narrow shoulders usually make for a good female, without the need to add too many... er, curves. :P

Edited by Katuko, Oct 18 2011 - 02:42 AM.

Updated November 29th, 2014: Fixed issues with the Mangaia map, added Lava Launcher.

#6 Offline Fairy Paladin

Fairy Paladin
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 11-October 07
  • 4,105 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 08:20 AM

Adorable, and cute, but I almost liked the last one better, for it was more stylized. If the contours were a bit more bold, then it would be having more of a cartoonish look... that's just a personal preference, though. It's a really really cute and adorable drawing, love it! <3

00doubt.jpg

^ click the above banner to read "Doubt", a two part comic connected to the Bionicle Mafia Booksby Voltex!

A Slightly Different Tale | Latest art: The Calm Before The Storm (Hahli Inika)

#7 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,243 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 04:06 PM

Thanks, Taka. :) I was thinking of going over this one with vector lines like I did Lehvak; I will probably update this topic with the alt version as well if I do that.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users