mata nui's sapience

I think it's less "seeing everything on screens", and more "able to simultaneously see everything inside him". Although he has intelligence like a living being, he is still a robot, which enables him to comprehend more data and stuff like that, I assume.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

If mata nui exists, then could he be a living computer? If he could see the whole matoran universe, then he could see every island and Karda nui in windows? (Like on the computer)

No need for actual visible things like screens, if you ARE the computer, data is enough

I'm back!

If mata nui exists, then could he be a living computer? If he could see the whole matoran universe, then he could see every island and Karda nui in windows? (Like on the computer)

No need for actual visible things like screens, if you ARE the computer, data is enough

Yeah, i agree. I think he would just have data that would track things or him feeling everything inside himself.That would be enough for him to know what's going on inside.

Yeah, i agree. I think he would just have data that would track things or him feeling everything inside himself.That would be enough for him to know what's going on inside.

If he decides to analises the data, what he didn't do :)

I'm back!

If you're asking if he can focus on multiple things at once, I kinda doubt it. I see him as having a single focus that can look anywhere inside him, or out through his eyes, and he usually looks out, not in. If he could focus on multiple things it would be harder to explain why he stopped paying attention.

Also, Mata Nui may be a spirit housed in a computer (hence the name), rather than the living computer itself. He remained himself when evicted, though only due to the Ignika.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

If you're asking if he can focus on multiple things at once, I kinda doubt it. I see him as having a single focus that can look anywhere inside him, or out through his eyes, and he usually looks out, not in. If he could focus on multiple things it would be harder to explain why he stopped paying attention. Also, Mata Nui may be a spirit housed in a computer (hence the name), rather than the living computer itself. He remained himself when evicted, though only due to the Ignika.

I think he could focus on more things, but thats just harder and why if you can focus on mire things, spend one of those on Matoran inside you when there are many different aspects of the Universe to be seen.I agree with the computer Idea, IMO he could use the Core Processor as enhanced brain to focus on more things at the time.

I'm back!

I think it's a matter of conscious versus subconscious. (I was gonna say this but forgot. :P) The computers yall are comparing him to have no conscious mind at all; if we were to label it under human psychology we would have to call it subconscious. The subconscious is nonlinear (or translinear) -- able to use "parallel processing" (whether in computers or humans). So in a sense our subconsciouses are more intelligent than our consciouses. But the linear nature of the conscious is what makes it a conscious, distinct from the subconscious.

So Mata Nui's subconscious is undoubtedly doing countless things at once, just as ours is. The question, as I understood it, is about the conscious, and that IMO should only do one major thing at a time. (Admittedly the "easier" point is valid, even for us; we can multitask but it's better if we do just one thing at a time.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't know if Mata Nui's consciousness is comparable to ours, but it's not like we can see inside ourselves, only feel it. So maybe focusing on his chest or something would allow him to hear all of the Matoran, Toa, etc's thoughts down there, and maybe the computers would give him an internal status of sorts. But we do sort of have a portrayal of this consciousness actually:

Something began to flash in front of Mata Nui's eyes. It was a "heads-up display" built into the robot. The green light showed the speed and trajectory of the two other pieces of Spherus Magna. Both were drifting off-course and would require more power to return them to the right trajectory. As he feared, he didn't have the energy to achieve his mission on his own. The green light was replaced by a flashing red one. It warned that the structural integrity of his robot body was in serious danger.

Makuta may not have acted to stop Gresh and the others, but he did know that they were there. His sensors had recorded their approach, and his damage control systems were monitoring the effects of the Thornax explosions.

So the "strings of data" given by computers has some storyline basis. There are computers, and they do feed the "spirit" minds data.

Makuta growled as he felt circuits fuse. His readouts indicated that a molten protodermis pipeline had been severed inside him, causing cascading failures in his systems. Visorak spiders had already been dispatched to try to contain the damage.

Emphasis on the word "felt". Not a form of internal sight, and I doubt it actually was a feeling of pain. :shrugs:

And if Makuta had been able to focus on multiple things at once, his focus could have been split between the Rahkshi dying and Mata Nui's attack, and not so easily been impaired. He seemed to have sensors on board to sense planets and moons, so if he could focus on multiple things at once, Makuta would probably still be alive.

And Mata Nui, in a adjusting to a smaller body, never complained about diminished mental faculties, or the lack of computer slowing him down or anything. I suspect the computers in question serve the same role as ones on any starship - things that feed data to the high minds (or mind in this case) making the decisions.

I see Mata Nui as being no different than other beings, he's just been in control of a giant robot world for ages. Makuta adapted to using the systems, so as long as your spirit can enter the machinery I suspect anyone could try. An Iden-wearer, for example. It would probably feel like being stuck inside someone else's body with no idea of the controls, but for the one being ejected I think it'd be more like taking off a VR-headset.