The first fan BIONICLE online game has arrived!

maxthethrax

Hello.I made a new game,called,well,THE FIRST FAN BIONICLE ONLINE GAME (or TFFBOG).

You can download it here:

krananui.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/0/0/14008442/pong11.exe

To play with me:

Go to computer (at GMT + 2 hours from 13(14,15):00 to 14(15,16):00)

Please play as soon as it is possible.

Please Connect TCP/IP

Click only ok.

Click Join game.

If it want to search games search maxthethrax

credit to GM81 and rayg

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I am searching for peepol,who can program,and peepol,who have ideas for multimedia and games,to come and join the KranaNui Project
If you are one of them,please PM me! :hau: :akaku: :miru: :kaukau: :kakama: :pakari:
If you have PM from me,you are one of them!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Its about a BIONICLE who is walking,but this was the only thing that i can do for 15 min.I will add enemyes in 15 mins and add the game as demo 2.

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I am searching for peepol,who can program,and peepol,who have ideas for multimedia and games,to come and join the KranaNui Project
If you are one of them,please PM me! :hau: :akaku: :miru: :kaukau: :kakama: :pakari:

1.I think it is a good start for a multiplayer game.

2.I don't know why the site is blocked.

3.I can't host it on Mediafire,Sorry!PM your e-mail addres and i will send you the file!

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I don't know.I think it isn't has virus but if you want you can start the antivirus

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I think he means first multiplayer online game.

This isn't even the first one of those. I made BIONICLE Conflict Zone, which has a network multiplayer function (although it's admittedly very difficult to set up). It does work well though; I occasionally play with my brother from time to time.

(Not to toot my own horn, just pointing that out. My game is not very fun, actually, you probably shouldn't play it. :P)

Edited by alpha123

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

OK.But if you mean that,i meaned that is is the first online multipleyar game

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

OK.But if you mean that,i meaned that is is the first online multipleyar game

You mean over the internet? BCZ works over that, too. :)

(Although it's probably even worse to set up; you'd have to hard-code the host's external IP directly in the networking code.)

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

What means BCZ?

It means "because." It's just a shortening.

Actually it means BIONICLE Conflict Zone (the name of the online multiplayer game I made). Sorry, I thought it was reasonably obvious from context, but now that I re-read my post it's really not. :P

Muffin button

Well, for a Toa just walking could work better as a gif or something.

Still, quite a good game. Just not the best I've seen, and sure not the best coming from you.

You should be changing the font color to a darker grey or black (it's really hard to see the letters by now...)

Also, it only allows me to play if there is other people playing, meaning that if I Join a Game, it says nothing available, and if I create A New Game, it says there aren't other players.

Also when I closed the app my computer almost goes boom-boom.

Edited by Jungle Predator

-G u u R a h K

@TNT-Vezon with an Olmak,alpha123:OK,thanks!

@Jungle Predator:OK,and sorry!

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I applaud the attempt here, since multiplayer games are really something we might need. I have tested this locally, however, and it needs some work. It's rather bugged.- First, the "ball" (Tahu) is not synced between players. It starts moving by itself at first, but after the first "rfing out" it will be stationary. It can be controlled individually on each screen (both host and client) with the arrow keys. You might have accidentally set it to respawn a controllable object instead of the intended one?- The entire screen height is filled with paddles, instead of each player having just one. One paddle is synced between host and client, but the client can control all the host's paddles except that one. In this case, the client dominates his view of the game... but nothing happens on the host's side. Scores are synced, nothing else.- The intro mentions pressing H to bring up Kopaka. This does not happen anywhere as far as I could tell, neither on the menu or in-game.- The "ball" bounces weirdly off the paddles and can easily get stuck. It only bounces in the host view. In the client's view, it doesn't bounce at all.Finally, this is not a bug per se, but it would help the game if you replaced all the graphics, not just the ball. I can easily recognize the mplay command tutorial as it is now. ;)

Fr your current problems, I'd recommend removing all the paddle instances from the game room and make sure that only the two you need remain. I guess that this is the reason why the paddles bug out: the program is only made to work with two. The ball need to have its arrow key code removed as well, to prevent players from controlling it directly.---I've got a simple 2-player system set up with 39DLL in my old network test for my game (it's essentially just a tutorial extension), if you want to take a look at that. It's not quite the same as Game Maker's native mplay commands, but it's not all that complex to work with either provided you know what each function does.Sadly it (like the code behind this game, I suspect) is set up in a direct master/slave type of connection, which means that I have to rewrite the entire shebang to work with more than two players. I'm doing that now (well, as soon as I have time after my exam hand-ins, anyways).

• Upvote 1