• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Vakama Hordika

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,783 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 11:24 AM

The purpose of this MOC was to make a darker looking Vakama hordika, with a little more of the movie styling there.  I got rid of the silver, because I felt it was too light for the mood.  The spinner is Mata red rather than Metru red, to sort of add to the movie styling, to be charged with the element of fire, sort of.  The spinner mechanism and how it folds away I can't say I'm happy with, but it comes off fairly simply and looks good without it. 

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#2 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think that the bulkiness of the design works with the revamp. The one problem I see is that it seems too female because of the red Nuva shoulders on the chest.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#3 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 836 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 01:37 PM

In my opinion, the nuva shoulders look rather... odd. The rest looks pretty good, though.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#4 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,924 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 02:15 PM

Not bad, and the bulkiness is good on him. Though like the others said, the Nuva shoulders make him look sort of girly.

#5 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,783 posts

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think that the bulkiness of the design works with the revamp. The one problem I see is that it seems too female because of the red Nuva shoulders on the chest.

In my opinion, the nuva shoulders look rather... odd. The rest looks pretty good, though.

Not bad, and the bulkiness is good on him. Though like the others said, the Nuva shoulders make him look sort of girly.

Perhaps it photographs badly, I always thought that combination of Nuva shoulder armour and slizer piece made a really spiffy chest armour piece.  That said, it is a challenge to attach arms to such a torso armour piece, and perhaps it sticks out further forward than I would like.  If the Nuva shoulder armour was one seamless piece, that might be an improvement already, as it would resemble more the hockey figure upper armour piece. 

I appreciate the comments though and I'm a little worried that this is the second time I've posted a custom armour solution I thought looked brilliant, and have been told it looks feminine.  I might have to look into one piece upper armour or something. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#6 Online Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,384 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 03:08 PM

Very nice. The first photo makes him look a bit chibi-ish, but the rest show him better.

konguvezoklove.jpg

Take a nostalgic picture from your childhood and apply MS Paint... childhood ruined.

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#7 Online Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,303 posts

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 03:22 PM

I... I love you. I dont know if any of you know this, but this is my favorite Bionicle character, so seeing him done like this is amazing. The torso looks a little chunky, but I think that might be down to the neck being a little too short. Id LOVE to see a whole team of these.

EDIT: Guys, I see what youre saying about the Nuva sholders but I think it would all be a resolved with a slightly longer neck and maybe a bit more colouring to the lower torso. We are kind of being drawn to Vakamas breasts at the moment which Im sure isnt the desired affect.

Edited by Commander CeeCee, Apr 19 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#8 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 665 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 03:39 PM

We are kind of being drawn to Vakamas breasts at the moment which Im sure isnt the desired affect.

LOLOLOLOL!

That quote made my day! I think I'm going to think of this every time I see Vakama now! :superfunny:

Yeah, Vakama looks a little short, IMO. Maybe if you had a longer neck, it wouldn't be so bad.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#9 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 05:00 PM

I like it, it has a lot of creative designs, but I'm not sure about the aesthetic choice to make him short and chunky rather than lean and mean. He looks more like a derpy muscleman than the bestial monster I expected him to be.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#10 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Members
  • Toa

• 167 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2013 - 06:15 PM

The Moc looks rather menacing, however the shoulder pieces used on the chest look odd and different. But it's good.

#11 Offline TechnicRage

TechnicRage
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 82 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 25 2013 - 08:55 PM

It is really good, especially the chest detail. However, the neck is too short, though can be fixed with a short HF bone.

#12 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 390 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2013 - 11:26 AM

Wow nice torso and arm design :)

r34TEbW.png

Youtube: Adapting Chaos    A.K.

#13 Offline Black Six

Black Six