Resurrection of Bionicle Possible Story

So, I have recently been working on writing an overall story for a way of bringing back Bionicle (the story in any case). I'm PRETTY sure that this is where it should go.

Now I know that it is fraught with mistakes and things-that-could-never-happen. But why else would I put it on the most knowledgeable community about Bionicle? So that you all could point them out to me and give me ideas for revisions, of course!

So, here it is, in its entirety of mistakes and strange occurrences. But I think the story is workable, so please post with comments, critisism (constructive), revisions, ideas, etc. And a note about footnotes: some may be missing, as this is my second draft and some of them got deleted.

EDIT: I don't think this goes agains the S&T rules, as this is merely MY idea of one way it could be brought back.

In the time before time, before any islands were raised in Mata Nui's dormant body, before any planets were in the universe, before Toa and Turaga alike, there were the Great Beings. They had always been there, and always would be there. And they looked upon some of their newest creations, the Staff1 of Division2, the Staff of Energy, and the Staff of Weather3. Seprately these staves wielded great power, but when brought together by the Toa wearing the Kanohi Elras, the mask of energy, it would bring such power as had never been seen before. An (at the time) unforseen problem was the fact that any being could use the staff4 once it was bound. This was a disastrous mistake, though, not entirely a mistake. Even in this pre-history evil lurked. During the forging of the spears it, though not having a physical body, bent it just slightly to its will, just enough for it to create this weakness. But having done this, its energy was sapped, and could do no more for many millennia. But it would return.

But tens of thousands of years have passed since then. Mata Nui killed the Makuta, or so he thought. But there was peace. After slaying Teridax (or so he thought he did). After slaying Teridax and undoing the shattering, all the Toa, Turaga, and Matoran celebrated Mata Nui5 for many months. But after that, not much was seen or heard of him6. Before he left, he gave them the Mask of Life to put in the newly constructed Great Temple on Spherus Magna. When Aqua Magna fell back into Sphereus Magna, it crushed the Great Spirit Robot underneath it. Mata Nui assumed that Makuta was dead. The shell was full of energy, and the pressure exerted by the planets kept him alive, alive enough that he could wait until someone would come save him. And someone would. The Dark Hunters had heard of what had happened, and, knowing what a powerful ally Teridax could be, wanted him on theirs side. The Toa incarcerated all of the Dark Hunters. All the Dark Hunters they could find, that is. They didn't know of another exit from the body. The Dark Hunters rummaged around the planet, searching for items they needed. One of the items was the Mask of Life. They stole it from the Great Temple and brought it back inside the Great Spirit Robot. Using it, they powered up the robot enough to fix itself and fly to a nearby planet before crashing into the ocean there. The force exerted on the planet because of the Robot breaking out caused it to explode, re-doing the Shattering. Teridax put his spirit into a small cube called the Yukax before rigging the Robot to morph itself into a smaller size. The Shadowed One carried the Yukax out of the Robot before it convulsed upon itself, making a rather ramshamble-looking empty body for Teridax. They patched it up with some of the materials they collected from Spherus Magna. Using the Yukax and the Ignika, Makuta went into the body. He was alive again, and a side effect of the process was that the Mask of Life was now tainted by the evil it helped bring about. Which also meant that Mata Nui was now corrupted as well. The Toa weren't aware of this, but there was an overall feeling of unrest. The Toa tried to soothe this, and they did. They assured the Matoran that nothing was wrong, that Mata Nui must have just found something to do on another planet. They couldn't be farther from the truth. Makuta had regained most of his former energy, but kept hidden on the planet. He double-crossed the Dark Hunters and imprisoned the Shadowed One. Things kept going on Spherus Magna, but all was not well. Makuta had again spread dis-ease, this time stronger. The Toa couldn't stop it, and several matron went insane, causing destruction and dischord. The Toa hadn't seen Mata Nui for a long time, and were concerned that something had, indeed happened to him. At this time, as it had been in Makuta's plan to happen, the Toa sent out a signal summoning a seven Toa team. One of the Toa wore the Kanohi Elras. He was the only one of the seven to make it at the time. He searched all over the planets for the spears, and, having found them, bound them into the Great Spear. But not sooner had he done that that Makuta captured him and stole the Great Spear11 from him. And so begun the Days of Darkness. When, after a month, Mata Nui returned, the Toa, Turaga, and Matoran were horrified to see him team up with Makuta, becoming his 2nd in command. After a year of the Days of Darkness, the other six Toa arrived. They freed the seventh Toa, and, in doing so, accidentally freed the Shadowed One as well. He rallied most of the Dark Hunters to him again, and the Toa went together to fight the Makuta and cleanse the Mask of Life and free Mata Nui...

Footnotes!

1. Duh! Spear and Spears, not Staff and Staves.

2. Yes, the same one Vezon had.

3. Whether or not, I ask myself. Perhaps it should be light? Or sound? No, it should be knowledge.

4. But there should be a staff.

5. After killing Makuta, he laid down in that protodermis again, and went exploring around on the planets and islands in spirit or Toa-sized form.

6. Oh yeah, he also gave them the Ignika, which they put in the Great Temple.

7. BTW! I didn't say it, but the Toa Mata (or rather, Nuva) were now Turaga when this happened.

8. Lol narrated by Turaga Tahu, not Vakama.

9. This section would actually be very long, providing several sets (of the Dark Hunters and the Toa guarding the Ignika), several comics, etc. I just didn't feel like writing an in depth story about it.

10. So we can use the Bionicle Symbol again!

11. There really should be a staff. Really.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

This doesn't seem to be a likely continuation so much as your own ideas for what would be... cool.Anyway, this has no basis in story, just really random ideas. (Besides, Teridax is confirmed to be totally dead.)That said, these are interesting ideas for a fan fiction story.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I guess it's as good a place as any.

Actually, it might fit better in the Stories section, if you fleshed it out more.

Greg has said that Terry is deceased multiple times, and his word goes.

but their spirits

• 3 weeks later...

In the time before time, before any islands were raised in Mata Nui's dormant body, before any planets were in the universe, before Toa and Turaga alike, there were the Great Beings. They had always been there, and always would be there.

Stopped reading here. As far as I know there's no evidence of GBs existing before planets and they definitely aren't gods or stuff. Well, where would they live before planets? What would they use to make things?

This seems like an interesting idea. The toa have never "lost" before so that the best thing of the story for me..

Actually they've lost more times than they've won in the official canon (Failing to stop Teridax on Mata Nui, dfailing to stop him from putting Mata Nui to sleep, basically doing exactly what he wanted them to do on Voya Nui and Mahri Nui, failing to stop him from taking over the MU...) Really, the only time the Toa actually won a true, definite victory that was not fixed or temporary was in the Battle of Bara Magna :/

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

• 2 weeks later...

In the time before time, before any islands were raised in Mata Nui's dormant body, before any planets were in the universe, before Toa and Turaga alike, there were the Great Beings. They had always been there, and always would be there.

Stopped reading here. As far as I know there's no evidence of GBs existing before planets and they definitely aren't gods or stuff. Well, where would they live before planets? What would they use to make things?
They aren't? Wow, that's news to me. I guess the title of "great beings" is a little misleading then. :P I figured they were just spirit/psionic beings with power enough to create things without themselves needing a planet or something to live on.

They aren't?Wow, that's news to me. I guess the title of "great beings" is a little misleading then. :P I figured they were just spirit/psionic beings with power enough to create things without themselves needing a planet or something to live on.

They've been stated to be scientist-like figures who lived on Sphereus Magna along with the Agori and Glatorian species.

I believe they're called Great Beings because of their inventions? Though, they would be god-like figures to people from the MU, since the GB's created that universe.

Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

This article has pretty much all we know of Great Beings.Yes, the Great Beings are the greatest rulers and inventors that BIONICLE has seen, as they were capable of not only building the entire Matoran Universe but also perform numerous modifications on existing species and technology. To any casual observer from inside the MU, they might seem like deities, or at least supernaturally gifted creators. The way they were spoken of in story also heightens the image of them as some sort of gods, but we got early confirmation from the LEGO company that BIONICLE would not deal with gods and/or religious subtexts in its story. Mata Nui was indeed a spirit and powerful being who acted as leader, but not a god that the Matoran worshiped.While they were quite reclusive, we have confirmation that the Great Beings are not just spirits that create stuff. They have humanoid bodies like many other species (though they are not humans, mind), but it's unclear if they have modified themselves as well. We have no idea what they actually look like, beyond "humanoid".Art_Mata_Nui_Robot_Construction.PNGThe three figures at the bottom of the picture are Great Beings. We've also met one named Being in his proper body: Angonce, whose point of view we got to see in an online serial. Furthermore, Velika is a Great Being who's placed his spirit into a Matoran body.

Oh, well that changes things.

I never really thought of them as "gods" per se, but just as the creators.

Which, I suppose would make them gods. :P

But I can see how the MU inhabitants would see them as gods.

How was the Bionicle universe created then? (The entire thing, not just the MU obviously.) The Agori (as I understood) were Biomechanical, so I don't think they could have evolved.

But in any case, do any of you have a suggestion of how I could get around that in the story?

But I can see how the MU inhabitants would see them as gods.

They don't literally see them that way. It's basically like elections. They saw that the GBs were great inventors and elected them as their rulers. Of course, things didn't go so great once they decided to delegate most duties to the Element Lords, heh.

BTW, we also saw a GB physically chained up too, remember. (Lifer, as I call him; the one the Ignika cursed so stuff around him comes alive.)

How was the Bionicle universe created then? (The entire thing, not just the MU obviously.) The Agori (as I understood) were Biomechanical, so I don't think they could have evolved.

We don't know, but the Agori are naturally biological. Without getting into real-life issues that are controversial (which is, I'm sure, why LEGO avoids the issue too), Greg once said that the planet (Aqua Magna, he apparently meant at the time) was made by other beings besides the GBs, who fans once called the "Greater than Great Beings", but I have since been unable to find confirmation that this applies to Spherus Magna. It could technically refer to the Element Lords who accidentally triggered the Shattering, thus making the three fragments, without explaining the megaplanet originally.

However, I have in the past theorized that there were what I call "Original Beings" who seeded EP on multiple planets throughout the galaxy/universe in a special transformative mode that enlarged them and dealt with nullifying gravity over Earth levels no matter how large it got. More recently I've also theorized that at the end of this process the EP also created random alien beings on each world.

So Spherus Magna just happened to get humanoids with naturally metallic bones who would later go on to get mechanical implants artificially, etc. But it's just a theory.

As for the universe itself, that too can get controversial, so LEGO would probably just say "it's just there" or "same way the real universe did" or the like.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

They aren't?Wow, that's news to me. I guess the title of "great beings" is a little misleading then. :P I figured they were just spirit/psionic beings with power enough to create things without themselves needing a planet or something to live on.

It should be noted that the Great Beings didn't originally have an inexorable desire to create things; that only came about when Annona attempted to feed on the dreams of the Great Beings. The minds of the GBs were too strange and alien for her too handle and they instead fed on her dreams, which sparked their compulsion to create. Therefore, they wouldn't have had the desire to create since the beginning of the universe.

Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

This seems like something that would fit best as fan fiction. If you fixed a few details and fleshed out what you wrote, the story has potential.

I may be simply confused, but how would any corruption of the Mask of Life affect Mata Nui?

sb1.png

Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

I may be simply confused, but how would any corruption of the Mask of Life affect Mata Nui?

His spirit was last seen residing in the mask... but I agree, he's got a separate consciousness from the Ignika, so I don't think it'd affect him.

but their spirits

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BTW: do you think Spherus has planetary rings due to collision?

No, I don't think the Restoration sprayed planet fragments into space. I think Mata Nui would have prevented that, because of the chance of those fragments hitting his friends on SM during the collision. Edited by fishers64