Favorite Hero Factory Website Design

Hexann

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about which one had a better interface, but I do miss the selection of content in the original site for 2010. Between Hero Factory FM, the Hero Hotline, the scrolling marquee of Hero Factory calls, and the initial real-world-based marketing push, and the promise of the ability to design your own hero (later brought to fruition, if briefly, as Hero Recon Team), I felt like Hero Factory was poised to really differentiate itself from Bionicle by taking full advantage of social media and fan interaction. But since then these features have dwindled away to nothing, and now Hero Factory's story has become a singular storyline that is only experienced passively, with no active engagement of fans at all.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always preferred the 2.0-era design. The Breakout one comes in close second, though.

Isn't that when they first added the videos?

They added the videos for the 2.0 era, I think. It was to showcase the new designs of the Heroes as they appeared in the episodes.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I've always preferred the 2.0-era design. The Breakout one comes in close second, though.

Isn't that when they first added the videos?

They added the videos for the 2.0 era, I think. It was to showcase the new designs of the Heroes as they appeared in the episodes.

Good; I did get it correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably the first as it had all that nice story content. The new one is absolutely hideous. I hate saying things like this but whoever designed that aberration should be fired, seriously. It's one of the worst designed websites I've ever seen. It doesn't even work right, it's a mess with barely any but horribly oversized content and videos come in a resolution that is even lower than what you'd get at the beginning of the millenium (or maybe not, but close and anyway, it's nothing worthy of the year 2013). That website makes me angry every time I try to look at it. I've never, never seen anything worse from LEGO on the web. I don't have the slightest idea what the heck they were even thinking when they made that.You know why, maybe the designer was fired and that's why the summer update so far only consists of Surge floating around under Furno and beneath a button in the timeline without doing anything. -.--Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I don't visit the HF sites very often at all, so I'm going to go by my memory here and say the first one. I have to admit, it was pretty cool.

The current one is downright abysmal. Its so uninteresting and counter-intuitive in its navigation. If I had never heard of HF before, and I was just visiting the site for the first time, I could spend an hour on the site and still not have a clue as to what this Hero Factory thing is! It has NO information at all. I don't like HF, but Lego should really redesign it's site, for their own sake.

Bliss.png

• 5 weeks later...