A recent look at faber files

I just look at some of the recent stuff at faber files, and there was some stuff I wish they would have added to the story they didn't. Concept art kept popping up of the MN robot under Aqua Magna, and the Island of mata nui. To the east of Mata Nui three fingers could be seen popping out of the water. I think this would have been REALLY cool. Accoriding to faber this would have been really obvious to the revealation of the MU being a robot, but I doubt it. They could have said something like "In the distance, you can see from the shore of Mata Nui the pillars of the 3 virtues." I just think it would have been a really cool little thing to add.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I never saw the one mentioning the 3 fingers. I personally like the idea Mata Nui can roll into a ball, and camouflage as a planet. That could still technically be canon though. But this sort of thing is bound to come up in something like Bionicle, there were probably loads more ideas that never even made it to paper, that had the potential to be brilliant. Ultimately Greg and Lego put in what they think is best, and peoples opinions are going to vary.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I don't think they would have noticed the fingers, and I, too thought they would have been awesome when I saw the stuff about it, but back then they needed the thing to be a secret so bad (if everybody knew that they all lived in or on a giant robot, what would be the surprise?), that they just couldn't risk it. It already was a gamble to make Mata Nui Island look even vaguely like a face. However, whenever I look in the Faber Files I know I am downright joyful of the fact that they did NOT stick with "Doo-Heads" as the name.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

I never saw the one mentioning the 3 fingers. I personally like the idea Mata Nui can roll into a ball, and camouflage as a planet. That could still technically be canon though. But this sort of thing is bound to come up in something like Bionicle, there were probably loads more ideas that never even made it to paper, that had the potential to be brilliant. Ultimately Greg and Lego put in what they think is best, and peoples opinions are going to vary.

I don't think that he "rolls up in a ball". He pretty much flopped onto his back and sat there.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I don't think that he "rolls up in a ball". He pretty much flopped onto his back and sat there.

I'm refering to the concept art on the faber files here, where the Great Spirit robot curls up into a ball to camouflage itself in space. :)

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Pretty sure the ball thing wasn't made canon. We always see him flying Iron Man style.

The three finger thing I doubt would work because the planet actually should curve, and possibly enough that his arms curve back and they'd be completely hidden behind the horizon. I'm glad they cut that just for that reason, as there's already enough we have to explain away geometrically. :P Yes, it's a cool idea, but pretty much only as a concept.

And given how popular the actual 2001 was, most of the concept stuff might not have been as well liked. Still, it's all cool as concept stuff.

Incidentally, I am incorporating most concept art in that canon-fit history retelling I'm working on, repurposing it for other things to help fill in some gaps (every chapter is using at least some images, mostly canon). Yall might be interested to find out how I use it when I start posting. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm refering to the concept art on the faber files here, where the Great Spirit robot curls up into a ball to camouflage itself in space. :)

It was a cool idea and all, but I'm actually glad they didn't go with it. I grew up watching the G1 Transformers show, and Mata Nui disguising himself as a planet would have looked like a rip-off of Unicron to some people. I don't know if that was what the Bionicle story-team thought when they ditched the idea, but I'm fine with the decision. XD As for the three-fingers idea, even if the story-team had heaped a ton of mythology onto the concept to mislead audiences (at least for the time being), I sure somebody would have figured it out early on, or at least theorized it. Next thing you know, every other fan-site is buzzing with speculation, and the jig is up before it even leaves the starting-gate.(Just started reading your epic, Bonesiii. Fascinating work.)

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

I think it might have been cool if there had been a reason to travel out to the "islands" that were his fingers for one of the serials just before the great revelation. Not sure why, but it would have been interesting.

Pretty sure the ball thing wasn't made canon. We always see him flying Iron Man style.

The three finger thing I doubt would work because the planet actually should curve, and possibly enough that his arms curve back and they'd be completely hidden behind the horizon.

Incidentally, I am incorporating most concept art in that canon-fit history retelling I'm working on, repurposing it for other things to help fill in some gaps (every chapter is using at least some images, mostly canon). Yall might be interested to find out how I use it when I start posting. :P

I was just thinking the part about the curve of the planet, but you beat me to it.

Not quite on-topic but related to your post, bonesii: When exactly do you plan to START posting? You've been going on about this story for months, now, and, I must say, I'm definitely intrigued.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I've been delaying answering this in the hopes of a post I had something to say to being off-topic after it, but oh well. :P I'll make do.

Not quite on-topic but related to your post, bonesii: When exactly do you plan to START posting? You've been going on about this story for months, now, and, I must say, I'm definitely intrigued.

One cannot predict the future, especially since it's not finished yet. I don't start posting stories until they're all written and I've had at least one proof-read all through. It's going at a remarkably good rate so far, though, so I'm thinking only more months, definitely within this year. That's the aim, anyways.

To be on-topic, perhaps one reason someone could go to the three-finger islands would be to repair some external part of the robot that was projecting power (plot disguised as "switching off a mysterious effect" or the like). We see the robot fly Iron-Man style with propulsion in the hands, and also Makuta's gravity attack was from a hand, etc. So any power really could be projecting from the vicinity of the three-finger islands.

I still think it wouldn't work, though, because it would be too obvious, and I'd think that the Staff of Artakha would probably handle it too. Still, maybe right before the end. I'm mulling over whether I could feature something like that as a side-story myself in the history retelling, since I'm writing it in such a way that the reader knows it's a giant robot from the start. Got nothing yet that would fit in, but we'll see... (It might be too much of a deviation to put it on Aqua Magna, but maybe an alien planet???)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)