LEGO clearly wants all of my money. At an event in Portugal yesterday they announced 10237 Tower of Orthanc - an amazing playset based on the iconic location from the books and movie. It includes five minifigs, an eagle, an Ent, and tons of awesomeness. Check out the Talkback for pictures and full details!
10237 Tower of Orthanc
Ages 14+. 2,359 pieces.
US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKK
Build the The Lord of the Rings trilogy must-have model!
Finally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc! Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman's throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.
- Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster
- Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door
- Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe
- The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword
- The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls
- The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm's Deep), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe
- Saruman's throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick
- The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes
- The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat
- Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function
- Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!
- Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!
- Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!
- Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!
- Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm's Deep!
- Swing the Ent's arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!
- Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
- Ent stands over 9" (23cm) tall
Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning July 2013 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO Stores or via phone:
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
July can't come soon enough! Thanks as always to LEGO for sharing this information. I hope you all enjoy.View the full article