MNOG II Kohlii

I've been trying to play through MNOG II lately and I've suddenly come to hate the word Kohlii...

The mini-game you're forced to play throughout the game is...problematic for me. I know there aren't very many people still playing the game or necessarily people who have ever played it, but if someone could point out how to play "better".

I've trained 10 times on speed just for the Ga-Koro Onu-Koro game, but I'm still just as bad as when I didn't train at all...

How many times CAN you train, and how many times SHOULD you in order to win without sheer luck alone?

You may want to consider editing your getstate file within the hahli folder of the game files, in order to increase your skill level without having to play the mini games a great number of times. It is not exactly playing by the rules of the game, but I have found that when I set all of the skills Hahli is supposed to have obtained at the time of a match to 100, I can still have difficulty winning. Perhaps I am just a terrible player, but I suspect the the level that one must attain to stand a good chance at many of the Kolhii matches is rather high.

Alternatively, depending on the version of the game you have downloaded, bringing the game to full screen may reveal two options below the field ("win match" and "lose match," if I recall correctly). After one team has scored a point, you can click "win match" to automatically win.

Theoretically, I think you could train an infinite amount of times. There is probably some point at which it ceases to improve Hahli's Kolhii skill, though.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

You may want to consider editing your getstate file within the hahli folder of the game files, in order to increase your skill level without having to play the mini games a great number of times. It is not exactly playing by the rules of the game, but I have found that when I set all of the skills Hahli is supposed to have obtained at the time of a match to 100, I can still have difficulty winning. Perhaps I am just a terrible player, but I suspect the the level that one must attain to stand a good chance at many of the Kolhii matches is rather high.

Alternatively, depending on the version of the game you have downloaded, bringing the game to full screen may reveal two options below the field ("win match" and "lose match," if I recall correctly). After one team has scored a point, you can click "win match" to automatically win.

Theoretically, I think you could train an infinite amount of times. There is probably some point at which it ceases to improve Hahli's Kolhii skill, though.

You have saved me hours of worthless work, THANK YOU. I can finally finish this game. I'll cheat, but in this case I have spent enough time to not care anymore. :P Thank you again.

You have saved me hours of worthless work, THANK YOU. I can finally finish this game. I'll cheat, but in this case I have spent enough time to not care anymore. :P Thank you again.

No problem! Have fun finishing the game.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I agree, the Kolhii is way too hard. I've tried playing that game over, and I've trained a lot in speed and even went to other Koros to train, but I still can't even beat Onu-Koro! It's so frustrating! Has anyone ever beaten the game without cheating?

I agree, the Kolhii is way too hard. I've tried playing that game over, and I've trained a lot in speed and even went to other Koros to train, but I still can't even beat Onu-Koro! It's so frustrating! Has anyone ever beaten the game without cheating?

My brother beat it. :P He's a gaming genius - though - I personally enticed him to beat the game so I could see the ending.

Along these lines, if I, say, completed the game to the point of Ta-Koro sinking but don't have all the charms for the last temple....is there any way to get them now...

Short of restarting the game, there are two options that I can think of. For both you would have to edit the getstate file.

First, you could simply edit your inventory to include the missing charms. If, for example, you needed the Charm of Destiny, you would find the line of text "ItemCharmDestiny=0" and alter it to "ItemCharmDestiny=1".

Alternatively, you could find the line "TakoroDestroyed=1" and change it to "TakoroDestroyed=0", as well as changing the value of "scene=" to somewhere in Ta-Koro (e.g. takorotownsquarenorth), so you can find any charms there without having the village be destroyed when you enter it. With this method, you still have to search for all of the charms you have not yet collected.

Perhaps I am over-explaining this. In any case, I hope I have helped.

Edited by Tazakk

After a few tries, I managed to beat Po-Koro like 4:2 and all others with worse stats on the first try (except for Onu-Koro, where it didn't work with 0 of each skill after all :P) with 20 to 40 of most skills (something like 20 willpower, 30 stamina, 40 speed, 40 strength and 35 strategy) except for accuracy with 79, I think. You don't need hundreds of each skill to win. Personally, I was glad at least Po-Koro proved to be a challenge. :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I agree with those who've said that the Kolhii matches were way too hard. What's worse is that they're what the majority of the game revolved around. I didn't give up on the game because of them (that was due to Hahli getting stuck in an inescapable screen outside Ta-Koro), but I might've if they're still as hard even if you do upgrade the skills.

One thing that made it hard was the controls. They don't tell you how to play it. They don't tell you how to steal the ball, or how to move with the ball. That's one of the worst parts of the game. But that's pretty much the only hing I hate about MNOG II.

I think the controls are pretty obvious and quick to figure out. All you do is click. :P-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I never thought it was that hard. As a kid I pretty much owned every single Koro with only a few dozen points of each skill. Willpower is mostly useless, but strategy allows you to catch the ball. Have enough of that and you won't even need the other skills. :P Except strength to get the ball through the gowlie.

Never beat the game because I could never win the Kohlii matches. :(

Same here. I really enjoyed MNOG 2 (not as much as 1, but I still liked it), until I got to the Kohlii matches. I tried so many times, but could never pass any of them.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

The game was rather a huge pain in the rear end for me when I first played it from a download. I'm not too exactly sure how I managed to get past the first 2 Kohlii matches, but I believe I spammed Enter or Spacebar the whole entire time and victory came soon right after.

Edited by Rix

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I played until the first game, which I lost, and am currently stuck in the arena. :(

You should get a less buggy version of MNOLG II. Go to the Biomedia Project's website and download it. I've never had any problems with the version they have on there. They're also streaming Nuparu77's MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms, so if you haven't played it yet, I would highly suggest doing so.

Bliss.png

Also, another little tip: skip speed training and do stamina training. Get 30 stamina then go back and do speed training. Now, you should be able to breathe underwater way longer and, in fact; long enough to catch the Takea Shark.

I played until the first game, which I lost, and am currently stuck in the arena. :(

You should get a less buggy version of MNOLG II. Go to the Biomedia Project's website and download it. I've never had any problems with the version they have on there. They're also streaming Nuparu77's MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms, so if you haven't played it yet, I would highly suggest doing so.

That happens to be the one I use! I've always gone to BioMedia for older games...

Oh yeah, and The Bohrok Swarms is awesome! I played it before it became so popular! :P

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

That happens to be the one I use! I've always gone to BioMedia for older games...

Oh yeah, and The Bohrok Swarms is awesome! I played it before it became so popular! :P

Maybe you have an older version than I do if you downloaded it a long time ago or something. I just recently re-downloaded mine. You can download the new one but still have your old game save by transferring the getstate over to your new folder.

Bliss.png

• 5 weeks later...