4956-1: House question

I few months ago my cousin lent me some LEGO sets so I could restore them to their original state. He wants me to reassemble all his sets from a big bin filled with a plethora of pieces.

Among these sets he has is 4956 House made in 2007. Finding the parts is not hard but I've reached an impasse and I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

When it comes to rebuilding sets I am incredibly OCD. I try and use the parts that went with the set exactly when it came from the box. For example, I always check the bottom of plates to see if the circles have a hole in them or are solid.

The House should include 77 Roof Tiles 2x4/45 degrees. My cosine has a lot of these parts in his box but they are divided into two distinct categories. Some of them have a very smooth slanted edge while others are textured. Since I did not get the set new I have a hard time knowing which parts came with the house originally.

There are not 77 of ether of the parts so I assumed he lost a lot of them. However, together there might be enough. Could anyone who owns the set tell me if their roof tiles are rough or smooth? Does the house include both? I would find this bizarre because it would be unlikely Lego used two molds for the same part in one set.

Please let me know. It will help me determine how the set originally came and if my cousin owns something like this or this.

I know this is incredibly OCD but my ability to reconstruct sets out of chaos is something I take pride in. Does anyone else get this OCD when building?

Thank you very much.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

Interesting, I was under the impression that the rough slopes were much older. The thing is that the texture is extreamly rough. I found a picture that shows it pretty well.

mCbYvJ3T3-inGGnVn5CuSUw.jpg

Would you still say those are newer then the smooth ones? Does anyone know if they came with the house?

Thanks for the spell check BTW. ;)

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

There was a brief period around 2006 when a batch of slopes was unusually smooth, if I remember correctly. They continued appearing in sets in various colors for at least a couple of years. If you don't have any others of these same slopes from sets released around that time, then chances are the smooth ones are from that set. But it's more or less random variability and not a deliberate change in the mold, so it's not something I'd take too seriously.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time