Bane Mask

:OMG:

(It's times like these I wonder why LEGO doesn't just hire the worlds best MOCers and let them build things for a living)

That is amazing! Like, it looks just like it! The only thing I can say is that the mouth section has a giant hole in it that wasn't in the movie. Other than that, wow...

I was going to use a hole punch on a card of gray plastic, but my sister mistook it for trash and threw it away :C

This is amazing!! Does it fit on your head?? If so thats pretty cool :)

Btw its cool that you used Technic and Hero Factory pieces :D

Yes, you can see some terrible selfies of me wearing it if you go to the mocpages link :D

Oh wow, that is really amazing! I like how you used Technic pieces for it, really creative idea. I like how you made the details as well. Great job on this one.

Thanks!

See, this what people want to see to be made out of LEGO. Not some building, but a life-size wearable mask of Bane: The Powerful. 10/10 right here.

If this was on sale, I'll buy one.

I'm working on an LDD model, I wanted to monetize it, but I don't think there's a fair price that's worth people's time. I'll PM you when I finish it!

I like the level of detail, but...there's a gap in the mouth area, and it hangs so low.

Unless that can open and close to adjust size...I don't like it much.

If it can, 9/10. If not, 5/10.

It only looks like it hangs low because I have a large head, and the only mannequin head that the beauty shop I went to is tiny! It actuality it fits my head pretty much just like Bane, you can see some pics of me wearing it on the mocpages link. When I make a V2 of this, I'll be sure to cut a plastic piece for the mouth hole, since that part isn't really feasible with legos.

Edited by Steve the Squid

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

You have my permission to MOC. The only thing I can critique are the angled bits below the mouth opening. They seem like they should be dark gray to me. (Also, I don't remember Bane having an actual mouth hole? Doesn't matter, though; this thing's awesome.) I am certainly looking forward to seeing this at BFVA this year. Will you be there along with it?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

You have my permission to MOC. The only thing I can critique are the angled bits below the mouth opening. They seem like they should be dark gray to me. (Also, I don't remember Bane having an actual mouth hole? Doesn't matter, though; this thing's awesome.) I am certainly looking forward to seeing this at BFVA this year. Will you be there along with it?

I don't have any of that piece in dark gray, I'll have to change that later. And as I've said in the above comment, I was going to make a plastic part to put in the mouth hole (as on the real mask it's just a thin bit with holes), but my sister mistook it for trash and threw it away.

And yeah, I'll be bringing this to BFVA, I'll be the guy everyone's talking about with this on :D

Edited by Steve the Squid

I just saw you wearing it, and I redact all my criticisms. In fact, 10/10.

:D

Though I liked the old Bane better, this is just so amazing! And it's not only Hero Factory BTW. Also Technic, cut them some slack! :D

I count technic as my base for everything, so it goes without saying :P

And it WOULD be neat to make the old bane, get a ton of Mars Mission tubes for the life support or whatever it is ;D maybe some other time, I'd consider it. Unfortunately I don't have quite so much black as gunmental.

I just saw you wearing it, and I redact all my criticisms. In fact, 10/10.

:D

>Though I liked the old Bane better, this is just so amazing! And it's not only Hero Factory BTW. Also Technic, cut them some slack! :D

I count technic as my base for everything, so it goes without saying :P

And it WOULD be neat to make the old bane, get a ton of Mars Mission tubes for the life support or whatever it is ;D maybe some other time, I'd consider it. Unfortunately I don't have quite so much black as gunmental.

Ah. Too bad. Still looking forward to see it sometime :D

-G u u R a h K