• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Remoulded Old Ball and Socket Joints!

CUUSOO Ball and Sockets Remoulded!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi guys, I found a project on CUUSOO that I think some of us MoCers would absolutely buy! A service pack containing at least one of each socket joint remoulded with the new HF system. Please support it. We need it!

LINK

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#2 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,115 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 01:36 PM

Why would we need this? It's a neat idea, I guess, but it feels a bit pointless...

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#3 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:18 PM

So that way the limbs won't crack as easily and we wouldn't need to buy as many spare ball and sockets.

#4 Offline gunconvoy

gunconvoy
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 24-April 13
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:24 PM

I could actually use that. Infact its more of a priority to get some of those.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

#5 Offline archivist_66

archivist_66
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 01-April 13
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yes, this remoulded sockets is quite useful, but I'm sure that project won't receive 10,000 votes. 

"You are a Toa -- prove yourself worthy of the name!"

Onua, "Into the Nest"

#6 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 09-December 11
  • 246 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:31 PM

I solved this problem long time ago: When coupling/decoupling, press on the parts with thumb and index. Never snapped a single part this way :P

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#7 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'd only be interested in the Makuta/Shadowtoran foot, but the other parts I don't think it would be worth it, and if I wanted to replace all of those, it would be costly.  Also, I imagine the new socket doesn't suit the parts in some cases, such as the Toa mata foot. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#8 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,799 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't know if a project like this is likely to succeed. LEGO Cuusoo does have rules in place for part projects, but the general rule is that the part would simply be implemented in regular sets rather than released individually, and I don't know if that rule would even cover a huge collection of new molds like this. As far as set projects are concerned, the Cuusoo platform currently isn't able to support new molds for set projects, so the chances of this becoming a separately-sold set or service pack are out the window.I also don't know if BZPower allows topics for individual Cuusoo projects, except perhaps original MOCs which the builder has also proposed on Cuusoo.With that said, the LEGO Cuusoo team hasn't taken it down, so anyone who likes the idea is welcome to offer their support, even if they feel like its chances are slim. Personally, I have little need for a product like this since I rarely MOC with BIONICLE parts anymore and wouldn't likely buy enough of any set with these remolded parts to switch out all the joints on my older sets.@Taipu1: The Shadow Matoran foot has actually already been remolded. It appeared with the newer, sturdier joint design in some later production runs of the Hero Factory set 6201 Toxic Reapa. However, I would love for it to appear in more sets, simply because currently there's no easy way to get ahold of this part. Buying a Toxic Reapa set is a gamble because there's no way of knowing for sure whether it's from a later or earlier production run of the set.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, May 02 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Offline PyroLizard Prime

PyroLizard Prime
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 08-March 13
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:43 PM

This seems like a good idea, but would be but what about the other parts, like the toa Metru shin pieces?

"I am proud... to have called you brother... Vakama..."- Toa lhikan, the best character ever created by LEGO...

"Toa... So dramatic"- Nidhiki, another one if the best characters ever created by LEGO...

Remember them...

enax_the_epic_big.pngENAX WILL HAVE YOUR SOUL... Or your mask... Or maybe both...      :tohu: 

Sprite credits go to Katuko and Strack. Great job, guys!  :D            Help Enax win the golden mask! 15587719315 (Or don't)

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

#10 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,193 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:00 PM

I don't think this will succeed, but I'm currently in need of the Shadowtoran feet.

#11 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:06 PM

Honestly, I'd go for the lime green parts the most. Those pieces would crack every time. :(

#12 Online randomreviewerbros

randomreviewerbros
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 22-February 13
  • 630 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:27 PM

This is a great idea!! I need some shadow matoran feet and lime green parts so this would be awesome if this were to get all the support

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube....domReviewerBros
Gathered friends, listen again, to our legend of the BIONICLE- Turaga Vakama

BIONICLE surrender or run!- The Vahki 2004

A battle in the skies at the core of the universe!- The Final Battle 2008

Even when facing greater threats like the Bohrok Kal, or the dreaded Rahkshi, they never surrendered!- The Toa Nuva 2002/03

Powerful, equipped, ready for any challenge!- The Toa Metru 2004

A mystery to be revealed at BIONICLE.com!- Metru Nui 2004

If Toa Lhikan could not defeat me alone, how could you?- Makuta LoMN

The city of the Great Spirit, my island home refound!- Turaga Vakama LoMN

#13 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 12-December 05
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 08:33 PM

I get why some of you don't need this,but why so much negativity? Those of us with broken parts need this now more than ever. 

I'm already supporting, and it really needs it.

Would you rather we constantly bombard LEGO with calls and complaints about the old socket parts never being replaced?

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#14 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,193 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 10:31 PM

They should've never replaced them in the first place.

#15 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 12-December 05
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2013 - 12:16 AM

That would be stupid. We'd still have cracking parts and broken sets.  Nobody wants that.

I fail to see any logic in your statement.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#16 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,799 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 03:06 PM

This seems like a good idea, but would be but what about the other parts, like the toa Metru shin pieces?

Those don't have any fragility problems if I'm not mistaken. There are no sockets (ball cups) on those pieces. Why would they need to be remolded? 

That would be stupid. We'd still have cracking parts and broken sets.  Nobody wants that. I fail to see any logic in your statement.

I think what he meant was that TLG should never have replaced the 2001-2007 style of socket with the 2008-2010 style. Regardless, I'm glad TLG did go ahead and try to solve the brittle joints issue with a remold. Even if their first attempt in 2008 didn't go very well at all, their second attempt in 2011 is by far the sturdiest ball joint style ever introduced, and I've only heard a few instances of this style breaking.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, May 03 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 12-December 05
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 01:49 AM

regardless, this project NEEDS support.  So go! Now!

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users