RPG: Fallout - Austin City Limits

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

"Name's Blake Raynkin. came over to see if you could use a merc, and looks like i guessed right. I take it you'll be leading the way?" Blake said. He wasn't intimidated by the Heavies. They were slow, and even with two of them to make it a hay day ao bullets, Blake had learned how to run.very, very fast.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

(IC - Dixie) Dixie poked her head out from behind the rock, lining a target in her sights and squeezing down on the trigger of her laser rifle. Three bursts of light flared through the air and struck a Super Mutant dead in the chest, flesh and bone burning away into ash. Nearby, the Knight ripped the pin from a frag grenade and hurled it up the slope, exploding in a blast that felled two more of the brutes."Get out from behind that car!" Dixie shouted towards the Knight, ducking for cover as bullets pinged off the boulder just inches from her head."Why?" he shouted back. "Safer than anywhere else right now, isn't it?""Yeah... but it's also got a nuclear reactor in the trunk!"As another round of bullets hit the automobile, it instantly clicked in the Knight's mind why being next to it might be a bad idea. He rose to try and join Dixie over behind the rocks... when a super sledge came down on him with a sickening crunch, the helmet of his Power Armor crumpling like a tin can. The Super Mutant the hammer was attached to came bounding over the car towards Dixie; she dropped him to the ground with a burst from her laser rifle, leaving a burning hole in the mutant's chest.But more still were descending the slope, faster than Dixie could shoot them down. Her laser rifle illuminating the canyon walls with red light as she fired in a wide arc to slow their advance, looking for a position to fall back to before she was completely overrun.(IC - Nil) Nil didn't waste too long taking in the gruesome sight; living as long as he did in the wasteland, he'd seen enough awful sights that even this wasn't enough to phase him. He drew his service pistol and slowly advanced across the room, eyes sweeping every corner of the room. Whoever did this could still be in the area."I recommend we sweep the building. Make sure whoever did this ain't still around," he suggested to Hanlon. "Don't suppose that writing means anything to you? I'm drawing something of a blank here..."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

Sorry for keeping you three waiting! I was out all day.

Also, if you haven't noticed, the only "main quest" at the moment is very tied to the NCR, so I recommend coming up with soldiers or otherwise people allied with NCR [Like Blake, for example] if you have any interest in being involved in that. It's just purely if you want to be involved, I won't ignore you if you don't.

IC

[Jason Hanlon - Austin Suburbs]

He doesn't want us dead, he wants to send a message. He has no reason to stay. The Ranger nodded to the Lieutenant and reached around his waist and unslung his submachine gun, and pressed on. He tapped the side of his helmet to activate the radio, and followed the Ghoul.

-{Colonel Jericho, come in. This is Ranger Hanlon.}-

Silence for a moment.

-{Hanlon? I'm patching you through now. Here is...}-

-{Hanlon, report.}-

-{The Senator is dead. Repeat, the Senator is dead.}-

-{Any sign of the contact?}-

-{He's alive, but bound and is missing his thumbs. His guard is dead. His lips are stitched shut.}-

Hanlon illustrated the room, and left no details out. There was a silence as the Colonel contemplated. He moved to the kitchen as the Colonel thought and checked his corners. There was nothing. "Clear!" He called, left, and went up the stairs, and cleared the rest of the building, calling out each time. He headed back to the living room, the name of which was now tragically ironic. The Colonel opened up the comm again.

-{Hanlon, you listen to me. I've called it into California. General Marston and the President are flying in tomorrow. In the meantime, I want you and that Ghoul you brought along to keep that area locked down. No one in who isn't in an NCR uniform. I'm sending in a team to take a look. If the Walkers give you trouble, tell them to eat ****.}-

-{Any idea who might've done it, sir?}-

-{I don't know. It's apparent they want that waster we picked it. Some of the vets recognized his clothes, said he belongs to the Enclave. As far as anyone knows though the Enclave has no presence here, at least no public one. It's also possible the Brotherhood wants him, they seem awfully interested in them after that business in D.C. I can't think of any reason the Union would do this, especially during the middle of negotiations. But if they want a war, they've got it. There's no way Knox will let this blow over. If they can't trace it to someone outside, you might as well start picking off Walkers now.}-

-{Understood sir. Hanlon out.}-

He killed the comm as Nil entered the room. Although his helmet wouldn't say it, concern had finally made way to his face. "Colonel Jericho is sending a team. We're keeping this area locked down until they arrive. Try not to touch anything. There's no active police force in Austin but if the Union finds out, they'll want to get involved, and we can't let that happen."

[Kyle NPC]

"Do you have any idea where you are?" The female asked Ricardo. "You're Union. What in gods name are you doing down here? You have any idea how close you are to the Badlands?" She sighed, and crossed her arms. "This is a refugee camp, sort of. We were Missionaries for the Resurgance church, all of us. They sent some sixty people down here to make contact with some smaller tribes, but the Mutants cut us off. We got too close to the ruins. They have a thriving metropolis, the size of Austin, but not as populated. They assumed we came to attack and defended their home. Maybe thirty people are left, and half are wounded. We can't escape here without getting shot or blown up. I have no idea how you made it here."

She stopped, and sighed. According to her story she couldn't have been here long, but it seemed as though she had felt exhausted all her life. "If you want to find your merchant, though, you'd definitely need to get into the ruins. There are Ghoul snipers, though, and they tend to shoot first. You either sneak in, or try and punch through a weak place. If you're any good with that rifle of yours," She said, and gestured to his sniper's rifle. "You may be able to get them before they get you. Honestly, though, just go home. Julius would forgive you for failing, if you explain, then the Walkers could come and rescue us. Please, help us."

[NCR NPC]

The Heavy Trooper shook his head. "Negative. I'll radio you in, the Colonel is in the main tent. Just go straight through here."

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

(IC - Nil) "Far as I'm concerned, every lowlife in this stinking city is a suspect," muttered Nil. "No way am I letting a single one of 'em in here."Nil unslung his carbine and loaded a fresh clip. He marched off towards the main entrance to stand guard. Guilty or innocent, nobody from the Union was going to step through that door. They might be just as interested in finding the killer as they were... or they could be there to "accidentally" destroy vital evidence before the NCR could investigate. That wasn't something Nil was willing to risk.

---

(IC - Dixie) Dixie ran between the canyon walls, praying none of the Mutants would land a lucky headshot as she felt the impact of bullets bouncing off her power armor. Even with the added protection the suit would give her, eventually one of them would get a lucky hit in the joints or hit a worn point in the armor, and then it'd all be over.She looked back to try and count how many Mutants were after her; halfway through her headcount, Dixie realized that maybe she didn't really want to know. She fired her laser rifle at them as she retreated, but she knew she'd bleed her supply of microfusion cells dry before she'd killed them all. Dixie wished she'd thought to snatch a few grenades off the corpse of her fellow Knight; as much as she disliked the idea of looting her fallen comrades, he was hardly using them at the moment. But no, his body was all the way back by the car, which now had Super Mutants swarming over it......The car...Dixie spun around, dropping to one knee and taking careful aim with her laser rifle. She aimed past the hoard of Super Mutants charging towards her, towards the bullet-riddled automobile lying at the bottom of the ditch."Sorry 'bout this, gorgeous," she whispered, and squeezed down on the trigger.The laser bolts ripped through the metal frame of the car, flames sprouting and licking away at the engine. Then the entire car went up in a blast of light and heat, a miniaturized nuclear explosion that vaporized most of the vehicle and any Super Mutant unfortunate enough to be standing too close to it. The canyon walls were perfectly shaped to amplify the force of the blast, the shockwave ripping through the hoard of Mutants like paper. Even in her heavy power armor, the force of the blast was enough to knock Daisy off her feet, throwing her back about ten feet before she hit the ground, a spasm of pain shooting up her back. Dixie winced, spitting up the mouthful of sand she'd had thrown in her face by that blast. But she couldn't complain, she'd survived after all. She'd faced off against a hoard of Super Mutants alone and she......She couldn't get up.Dixie cursed loudly as she struggled to pull herself up, weighed down by her own power armor. One of the locomotion servos must have been busted up by the explosion, because somehow the suit didn't have the strength to lift itself up. Suddenly, Dixie became aware of another sound in the canyon; the sound of pained grunts and labored, limping footsteps. Dixie strained her neck to look up; less than twenty feet from her was a Super Mutant, badly burned by the explosion, clutching his super sledge in what remained of his hand.The Mutant looked down at the Knight, struggling to move under the weight of her own armor, and laughed. He limped closer to Dixie, raising his sledge up over its head. No, Dixie thought to herself, I am not going out like some turtle on its back. I am not dying like this. In desperation, she swung out her power-fist clad arm at the Mutant's knee; she felt the gauntlet connect, heard the sound of crunching bone, saw the Mutant's leg twist in a very unnatural angle. The Super Mutant roared in pain and started to fall. Dixie grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled herself to her feet, at the same pulling the Mutant down to the ground. Dixie wrestled the sledge out of his hands, and with a ferocious yell brought it down on the Mutant's head, splitting it like a melon.Breathing a sigh of relief, Dixie dropped the sledge and took a moment to admire her own carnage. Assorted bits of Super Mutants were scatted about the canyon; the spot where the car had once been was now the center of a crater of molten glass. Dixie was thankful she'd taken some Rad-X as a precaution earlier; she didn't want to think about the kinds of radiation she might have been exposed to. She could see signs of movement among the corpses; more than a few of the Mutants had survived, but after that blast it'd be a while before they were in any condition to come after her. Still, it was probably not wise to stick around anymore, a column of smoke was rising above the canyon, which would surely attract all kinds of attention. Dixie picked up her laser rifle from where it had landed in the sand, and slowly started climbing back up the ridge.

Her patrol hadn't been too far from the old I-35 highway when they'd found the car; if she got back to that, at least she'd have a road leading back in the direction of civilization. She'd taken note of a few ruined towns along the road on their way out, With any luck, in one of them she might find supplies to last her the long, long march back to the Brotherhood.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC:

"I'm in what appears to be what was Kyle, Texas. I'm going through here since his footprints lead me here. Besides he's making deals over there in the Badlands. The merchant must know what routes to take if he was goin' though here." He looks at the door way in which in came in.

"I'm pretty good at keeping myself concealed, and with this rifle." He says patting it. "Though, how do you know Julius?"

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

"alright then." Blake said as he walked up to the indicated tent. The guard at the tent stopped him. "I'm here to see the colonel. The guys at the front radioed ahead." Blake said, being calm. No need to tick these guys off when i'm in the middle of their camp. "The colonel will see you." The guard said as he let Blake through.

War...war never changes.

Flaredrick actually reminded me, this is a useful tip. Julius is infamous in not only Austin but all of Travis County because of his ruthless tactics and frequent public appearances. Everybody in this RPG who isn't a nomad or new to the area knows who Julius is.

IC

[Kyle NPC]

"I just told you, we're with the church. I met him once, myself. He stabbed my boyfriend in the foot." She added bitterly, then looked back up at the soldier. "Before you leave, though, do you have a radio? Franklin," She turned and gestured to a greasy, African American guy in his mid twenties. "Is good with tech stuff. He might be able to set up a link with the capitol."

[NCR NPC]

Blake walked through the door and saw a storm. The entire command tent was abuzz with officers dashing between one communication link and another. Technicians were hammering away at terminals and speaking into microphones or headsets. The Colonel was relatively easy to find- he was the tall purple one, shouting orders at the top of his lungs.

Once he spotted the newcomer in the room he had done an entire lap of the room, and ended near the door. He paled, dramatically, and waded over. "You're the merc then. I, uh, didn't think they'd you in so soon. Look uh, this ain't a great time. I am dealing with an assassination and...actually, I might have something for you. But I'm going to need you to sign a few confidentiality forms and take a poly, beforehand. It shouldn't take long. Speak with-"

"I'll take it from here, sir." An Indian officer stepped in behind him. "I'm Lieutenant Kirpal Singh, though you can call me Kip. Right this way." The Lieutenant gestured outside.

EDIT: I'll have something for you in a moment, CoKK.

Edited by Ra's al Ghul

IC

[Kyle NPCs]

The girl caught him looking at him and sneered, and turned and left. Franklin chuckled. "Ignore Meg. Yeah, though. Were you in an explosion? This looked charred as..." Franklin trailed off, and then turned to find his tools.

Gonna tweak that just a bit, make it a photoshoot instead of a speech. Nothing to announce just yet. Now I do have something for you to do but I sort of need to wait on Lone a bit. If he doesn't show up in the next, idk, half hour though I'll just make do.

IC

[Julius - Capitol Building]

The Ghost didn't flinch. Probably knew she was there, if the rumors were true and he did in fact have special powers. He smiled, in fact, and reviewed the screen of the camera that had just photographed him. These new posters would do well in the more rebellious sides of town. "You're right." The photo was of him, completely white on a red background. His expression was neutral, and his mouth just slightly agape. Pinched in between his teeth were a set of human eyeballs. Nobody on the set dared ask where they went. "I did do a good job. Think our neighbours in the NCR would approve?"

IC

[Julius - Capitol Building]

He paused, and sneered at the picture staring back at him, thinking. "Maybe. I got a report from the suburbs. One of my Dusters found one of those NCR bikes and says he spotted the Ranger and a Ghoul. Which is, sort of hilarious if you ask those Resurgance nuts. I'm a little concerned with the Ghoul, though. Not much escapes the eyes of my Dusters but if he saw him, then some townies might and get agitated. Should we intervene? Either of our presence is likely to force a scene anyway."

IC

[Jason Hanlon - Austin suburbs]

He took position by the door and would've stayed there, had the contact not reminded him of his presence. His body was still facing the door, but his head turned. It was a technique he had picked up from Legionaries in a cleanup campaign NCR had run shortly after he became a Ranger. He wasn't sure what he admired about Caesar's Legion, but he knew there was something. Maybe that, even after decades without their Caesar they still killed in his name, or that they had so effectively mastered the art of fear. Just as something as little as standing a certain way could give a man doubts.

He didn't mean to scare his contact, though. He holstered his submachine gun and approached, dropping to his haunches and slipping his combat knife from his boot, and began sawing away at his ropes.

"Nil, get the door." He found the ropes curiously strong, and had to work at them for a bit. "I won't be able to do anything about your lips, sorry. The stitches can be removed, surgically, and then maybe you can tell us just who did this to you." Hanlon noted the gel where the contact's thumbs used to be. It was a pre-war medical tool used to stop bleeding. Very advanced. It supported the Colonel's theory, that possibly the assassin had belonged to the Enclave or Brotherhood, maybe even Union. Hanlon finished the ropes, and they fell to the floor as the contact sighed with relief and rubbed his sore wrists. "What do you make of this, Lieutenant? These gel caps. They didn't want him to bleed out, but they also didn't want him telling us who did it just yet."

[Kyle NPC]

"Yeah?" Franklin laughed. "Those muties love their flashiness." He finished tinkering with the radio, and handed it back to Defender Menendez. "Meg is gonna want you to call in, probably the dude who gave you the mission. Just not Julius. He won't help us."

(IC - Dixie) Dixie trudged along the side of the ruined highway, laser rifle slung across her back. She hadn't encountered another soul so far along the road, but as far as she was concerned that was a blessing. Most wastelanders had the common sense to stay out of the way of the Brotherhood's patrols, but a lone Knight in damaged power armor might make a tempting target for raiders.Every step she took confirmed what she'd first suspected down in the canyon, that one of the locomotion servos must have been damaged in that explosion. They were what gave the suit enhanced strength enough to overcome its own weight; without them, it was no better than the laughably overencumbered suits the NCR had foolishly stripped down and slapped on the backs of their Heavy Troopers. Dixie couldn't quite pin down where the break was without extensive examination, but she could sense a minute delay in her movements. There was only a second or two of delay, but in the situations she often found herself, those few seconds could be a matter of life and death.Dixie could see the crumbling ruins of a town ahead. A sand-worn road sign informed her that the town had been called Kyle, but Dixie wasn't sure that particularly mattered anymore. She was pretty sure you couldn't call a place a town if there were no people living there. Either way, there had to be more than a few abandoned stores in those ruins, and this far out into the wastes there was a better chance other scavengers hadn't gotten to them first. Dixie figured she'd find some food for the road; she had a mighty craving for a pack of Fancy Lads snack cakes...

q9hGlrY.png

(IC - Nil) "Eh... I'm a soldier, not a doctor. I don't exactly get paid to stop people from bleeding, now do I?" Nil muttered. "Might be they wanted this guy to suffer, and they weren't gonna let him get out of that by dying. Heck if I know. You'll forgive me for not wanting to speculate on the mindset of whoever did this..."Nil was keeping his eyes trained on the windows, looking for any sign of movement on the street outside. It was the most likely spot for anyone to show up; an assassin hoping to finish them off might sneak in a window or some back entrance, but as Hanlon pointed out, whoever did this needed them to deliver their message. No, the Union would be coming in the front; more official that way, plenty of room for plausible deniablity.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC[Jason Hanlon - Austin suburbs] The ropes around the contact's ankles fell to the ground and he was finally freed, and the Ranger glanced back at the Ghoul. He stood then pulled the merchant to his feet. "Easy now, I want you to walk around the room a bit. Get the blood flowing again." He grimaced, then reached to his helmet and pulled it off. The Senator lay in his chair, limp but covered in very little blood. Already Jason was thinking like a profiler, rebuilding the scene around him like those old crime dramas he had seen a few times on holodisc.

Suddenly, the comm opened.

-{Hanlon? This is the Colonel. ETA on the team is four minutes.}-

-{Copy that. I've unbound the contact. His mouth is stitched shut, though. He is going to need transport back to base and medical attention as soon as possible.}-

-{Understood. Escort him back the second the squad arrives, then report to me for debriefing.}-

-{Are you not coming, sir?}-

-{Negative. We're taking this to Rodriguez tonight. I want you and the Ghoul with me.}-

-{Sir, yessir. What about the President?}-

There was a silence for a moment. -{We have been temporarily cut off from California and he will not be able to make it. As supervising officer over the NCR's actions in Travis County, the responsibility falls to me.}-

Jason paused and let this sink in. -{Understood, sir. Yes, sir. Hanlon out.}-

He glanced back at the merchant. "Hey, you got a name?" He asked, but the response was still naturally muffled and inaudible. "Right. Sorry. Well Lieutenant, relief is en route and then we're then heading back to base and then off to speak with President Rodriguez. Or Emperor Rodriguez, whatever he's crowned himself."

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

Blake followed the Lt. "So, what just might this job, and the pay, be?" Blake asked as he stepped outside. A good merc asked what his pay and job was first, then took the job, and Blake was a very good merc.

War...war never changes.

IC[Kyle NPC - Franklin] The technician shot an awkward glance at the Walker. "Did that explosion knock a few bolts loose? Meg just told you. The mutants drove us and have us trapped here. And whatever townies are left topside are also busy hiding." [NCR NPC - Lieutenant Singh] "I'm afraid I can't tell you the job until you pass the tests, but I can tell you it probably won't be a lot of work." The Lieutenant said as he guided the merc to a smaller tent, one that had nothing in it but two chairs, a table, and an odd looking machine on it. The 24th century polygraph.

"Alright, if you'll just take a seat, I'm going to ask you a few questions." He flicked a few switches on the machine, and leaned in towards a microphone. "Calibrate questioner." The machine whirred to life, and Singh took a seat in the adjacent chair. "Now, Mr. Raynkin, this is just a formality given the circumstances. Are you familiar with Senator Tiger Paul Norris?"

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

"I have no idea who that even is. Didn't bother to keep up with politics of the wastes." Blake answered.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

Which ones? the ones out west, or up in the east around D.C?" Blake asked.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

"Oh, those? It was this morning. I came into the area a few days ago and I've been staying at a tavern motel type place. I have to go through the suburbs to get to the outer part of the city."

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

"Unless you count staying at an Union owned motel or you guys somehow bought the Gun Runners in the last few months or so, then no. I tend to stay out of things like this, but decide to throw most forms of caution to the wind and throw it in with you guys." Blake said, a bit of sarcasm slipping out.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC[NCR NPC - Lieutenant Singh]

"Actually the Gun Runners is an independent merchant house. They have been longstanding allies of the New California Republic but we do not own them. You may be thinking of the Crimson Caravan Company." The Lieutenant replied, and continued to jot down notes. "Alright, congratulations Mr. Raynkin, you've passed. I'll patch your results through to the Colonel. Go report to him now. Welcome aboard."

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

"Thanks." Blake said as he walked out and back to the command tent. Apparently these people don't get sarcasm. Must be a lost form of speaking i guess.

War...war never changes.

I didn't even get what you were getting at, ahaha.

IC

[NCR NPC - Colonel Jericho]

As the merc entered the command tent, the Colonel threw down a sheet of paper and looked up at him. "Well, you passed. I should inform you of the situation."

"One of our Senators came into town and met with a contact. He and his guard were killed and our contact was mutilated, but left alive. Ranger Hanlon is on the scene and a team is heading to secure the location. No suspects as of yet, but once our contact is returned here for questioning and medical aid, but he is going to need protection. We can't hold a Union citizen without reason, but we're hiring you to keep him safe in his home. Understood?"

Just then, the three walked in.

[Jason Hanlon - Texan Wastes]

The team had arrived, four soldiers, two scientists, and with them they brought a few Blades. Hanlon opted to take one of the new ones instead of the one he and Nil had rode in on because the team clearly intended that- one was fitted with a sidecar that the Ranger was able to load the contact into.

They cleared through the desert no problem, and made good time. Jason had more experience with these vehicles than most others in the NCR, save maybe the test drivers, and returned to base in good time. The three made a bee line for the Command Tent.

"Colonel Jericho." He announced as the three walked in. The Colonel was conversing with someone, probably a merc.

OCC: oh well. somebody might have.

IC:

(Blake Raynkin)

"Sounds simple enough. 300 caps sound like a good enough price?" Blake said. Guarding someone wasn't a hard job, but the price was incase it hit the fan. Have to pay for ammo somehow.

War...war never changes.

OOC: Sorry, forgot what I was going to say earlier.

IC:

"Look maybe I can help you guys when I get back after finding the Merchant or when you finish with me radio. I can call in some guys to come in and pick y'all up." Rick offered.

He felt sorry for these people. No help came for them when they got attacked, and who knows how long they've been down here.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC[NCR NPC - Colonel Jericho] The Colonel scoffed. "300? Where are you from, boy. 150 a day, no more. Now, take this man to medical and don't let me see you again." The contact, mouth still bound, left the tent and waited for his hired gun.Now, alone with the two, the Colonel adjusted his stance and placed his hands on his hips. He looked Nil up and down. "You look more on edge than a basejumper."

[Kyle NPC - Franklin ]

"No problem." Franklin said. "It's actually almost..." He clicked a final gear into place and slid something closed. "Done." Smiling, he handed the radio back. "You still heading into the Badlands? I should warn you now, the radiation levels in there are almost intolerable. I'll see if we have any Rad-X while you call your boss." With that he left, heading to a pile of medicine in the back.

(IC - Nil) "Do I, sir? I had no idea myself," said Nil. "As far as I'm concerned this is just another day out in the Wasteland; it ain't pleasant, but that's just the way things go sometimes. At the moment, I'm more worried about getting the sick freaks who did this."

[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC

[Jason Hanlon - NCR Command Tent]

"We were both a little on edge, sir. It was a very horrific scene." Jason said, interjecting. In his defense, the Colonel was very desensitized. After twenty years serving, including two Legion cleanup campaigns, war was a game for him, and it was hard for him to remember that not all soldiers were as grizzled as he was. "And you made both of us wait there."

The Colonel laughed uncomfortably, looking down then back up. "Alright Hanlon, you've made your point. But you-" Just then, a machine whirred to life to his left. "Ah. Turns out one of the soldiers was a freelance photographer back in the Core, and we got one of these old printers working. So we're gonna go to Rodriguez with a little underscore on our point here." He fetched the first photograph and held it under the light. Though his back was turned to the soldiers, the Ranger still noticed his shoulders droop and could almost hear the blood run from his face. The Colonel reached down and fetched a second, studied it, then a third. When he turned back around to face the soldiers he seemed a lot more reasonable than he had a few moments ago.

"Let's go see Rodriguez, boys."

[union NPC]

-{Def...er li...ten to...}- The radio whirred down in Ricardo's ears.

-{Defender!}- Myles' voice came through strong. -{Status report, now.}-