Keetongu's shields

So, if Sidorak fired an obedience spinner at Keetongu, and Keetongu stopped it with his shields and then shot a spinner back, and Keetongu's spinner hit Roodaka, would Roodaka be obedient to Sidorak or Keetongu?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I always thought they absorbed the raw power of the attack, rather than the form. So if someone hit the shield with a sword, Keetongu's spinner would hit with raw force, but no sharpness. Or, in this case, it would just hit someone really hard. (I assume it would take a lot of power to get someone to obey you constantly.)

But if I'm wrong, I'd actually think she'd obey Keetongu. He's the one who landed the shot, and the energy sort of passed through his shield and was re-used in his spinner.

I could be wrong on both counts though.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

BS01's description isn't particularly clear in this issue, but I read it as absorbing the power, making it his own, and firing it right back. In other words, by absorbing Sidorak's rhotuka through his sheilds, Keetongu gains the ability to fire an obedience rhotuka. Roodaka obeys Keetongu.

ppg2.png

• 4 weeks later...

This opens up the potential for a LOT of shield-related Keetongu awesomeness in the future. But... Speaking of Keetongu, I've always been curious about his power's upper limit - there is no way the Great Beings/Mata Nui/Makuta could possibly have made him capable of absorbing one of the GSR grav blasts with his shield... Also, even further off-topic, if Keetongu's species was killed by Visorak, which presumably means in ways that DO leave a body to repair, would that mean that a whole load members of Keetongu's species are up in the RS?

Edited by Tanu Toa of Earth
toatanusignature.png

This opens up the potential for a LOT of shield-related Keetongu awesomeness in the future. But... Speaking of Keetongu, I've always been curious about his power's upper limit - there is no way the Great Beings/Mata Nui/Makuta could possibly have made him capable of absorbing one of the GSR grav blasts with his shield... Also, even further off-topic, if Keetongu's species was killed by Visorak, which presumably means in ways that DO leave a body to repair, would that mean that a whole load members of Keetongu's species are up in the RS?

That raises an interesting question: Who exactly does the RS consider "beings"? Unless there's a whole lot of rahi crammed into the RS, it would appear that it is only meant to revive members of sapient species. How it determines who is sapient or not is mystery, but to me it seems most likely that it was programmed to retrieve species that were created by Mata Nui. Considering that all rahi were created later by the Makuta, Mata Nui probably just gave the RS information on the sapient species he created himself and not the rahi created by the Makuta. Since Keetongu's species is technically a type of rahi, it's possible that the RS would not recognize them as sentient life and therefore not worth reviving.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

If Roodaka and Sidorak were aware of what the RS did, I'm sure they would have taken steps to prevent Keetongu's species from being revivable.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry